• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Asgar16926

Asgar16926

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 21:36

I have been testing this game for a few weeks now, and I have noticed that sometimes, when I trade, the Items are not received but instead they disappear. I am sure this is not meant to happen. Please look into it when you have time.
:)

I do what I can, because I must.

#2 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 01 June 2013 - 22:31

When you trade with someone the items then go into the accept box up the top left of screen. When you click take from that it will go to your inventory. Unless there is items that can go into your belt. Check to see if you have traded potions/food if they have gone into your belt.

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#3 thickenergy

thickenergy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 June 2013 - 23:06

The issue was that the 'Take' box didn't show up, or possibly was obscured, during the trade. I'm pretty sure that it didn't show up at all as the Take timer isn't overly fast and I closed my other windows to look for the Take window.

Having to not only confirm the trade but then take the item from an additional window seems pretty clunky. I'm curious if there's a beneficial reason for having it work that way. Items that aren't taken should at least default back to the giver's bag rather than disappear into the ether. If nothing else, the Take window should not have its default appearance location be where other windows also appear by default, like the very large map window. Default overlapping window positions is probably a bad idea in general. I've had all kinds of other windows hidden behind my map window.

#4 thickenergy

thickenergy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:32

After thinking about this a little more, it probably makes the most sense to have the default position for all the small triggered windows (taking, looting, skinning, etc.) be in the middle of the screen. Keep the map window and the general character info windows defaulting to a different area of the screen.

When I first started playing I was trying to loot and skin but not realizing that the little items window was coming up behind my map window. Took a couple minutes before I figured it out. Most other windows don't have this problem as they are placed on top of currently opened windows when they're activated.

#5 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:08

It seems there really shouldn't be a take window unless you have a full inventory.  It should be like crafting.  If you have room, it goes in your inventory. If you don't, then you get a take window.

#6 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 02 June 2013 - 20:43

It seems there really shouldn't be a take window unless you have a full inventory.  It should be like crafting.  If you have room, it goes in your inventory. If you don't, then you get a take window.

that would be ideal, and like thickenergy said, the take box pops up in the middle of screen

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#7 Asgar16926

Asgar16926

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 20:57

I also agree with this fully. It is possible that I forgot the take window on one of these occasions, as it would have popped up behind my inventory, and I simply expected items to enter my inventory immediately.

I do what I can, because I must.

#8 cowboy

cowboy

Lead Programmer

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 04 June 2013 - 21:48

Yeah, we'll look at this. We started out giving most items in the timed inventory pop-up, but over time the system moved to trying to just put the items directly in your inventories first. There are a few places that have been neglected in this case, and the trade being the main one. Thanks for pointing this out.

Glenn Murphy (cowboy)
Eldevin Lead Programmer

#9 RazorsEdge

RazorsEdge

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:41

i have also experienced this bug i plan on trying to pin it down this week as to what causes it

with that said the coding for the trade process is a disaster there should not be a take window unless the check on my inventory backpacks included in the check comes back as full

also in my opion there shouldnt even be a take window at all if ur inventory is full u should get a message that its full this can be manipulated if left this way for example i could mine 20 more ores all in the take window giveing me aditonal backpack space that was originaly not intended then rush off to craft the ores in my bloated backpack being able to craft those 20 extra ores just before the timer tickes to 0 and i lose them

the code should be somthing like this

on trade

do method trade

method trade ()

player A clicks aprove player B clicks aprove

if player A and B click aprove

then go to confirm

else trade canceled

if Player A clicks confirm and player B clicks confirm

then check PLayer A and Player B inventory (this is a if statement in code)

if Player A inventory is full  display items in take window (or tell player trade was canceled because they dont have room in there inventory)

else items for player A are put in Player A inventory

if Player B inventory is full display items in take window (or tell player trade was canceled because they dont have room in there inventory)

else items for Player B are put in Player B inventory

else inventory not full put items in the players inventories

else trade canceled

#10 thickenergy

thickenergy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:51

So it happened again. The take window did not appear after confirming a trade and the stack of items disappeared into limbo. I had all my windows closed as I wanted to make sure I didn't miss the take window.

I haven't had a chance to test this thoroughly yet, but the take window seems to appear just fine if I make sure enough of the inventory slots in the upper left on the first row of my bag are empty to receive the traded items. Both times that the take window has failed to appear I then made room in the upper left corner on the first row and the trades were successful on the second try. The initial items that were to be traded were still lost though.

#11 cowboy

cowboy

Lead Programmer

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 05 June 2013 - 18:07

I don't think there's a bug with the trading. Are you sure the person you were trading with didn't just cancel the trade at the last minute. If you replicate it please let us know how we can test it. At the moment the system seems to be working fine for us.

Glenn Murphy (cowboy)
Eldevin Lead Programmer

#12 RazorsEdge

RazorsEdge

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 19:10

im 100% sure there is something wrong i have had it happen several times 2 times with the same player in fact its definitely not giving the items and it does it randomly ill be testing it to see y

#13 thickenergy

thickenergy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 June 2013 - 21:15

Yeah, I highly doubt that RazorsEdge was trying to scam me over a silver's worth of bread. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: