• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

#1 Lostdog

Lostdog

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 20:32

Hi all, I was just thinking about the global event and the incentive to get in the top 100 kills list. I find it nearly impossible for any newer player to be able to ever achieve this feat. It will always go to players with high max stam. For example I have 30k max stam and got 45k kills. There is no way that a level 300 player who wants to contribute to the global event with a couple thousand max stam to beat me. To even this playing out I was thinking of possibly changing it from the top 100 overall to the top 10 in each 100 level range so like the ladder it would be the top 10 players for levels 1-99, 100-199, and so on. That way new players/ players with low max stam can have fun competing as well.

#2 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 22:39

Hi all, I was just thinking about the global event and the incentive to get in the top 100 kills list. I find it nearly impossible for any newer player to be able to ever achieve this feat. It will always go to players with high max stam. For example I have 30k max stam and got 45k kills. There is no way that a level 300 player who wants to contribute to the global event with a couple thousand max stam to beat me. To even this playing out I was thinking of possibly changing it from the top 100 overall to the top 10 in each 100 level range so like the ladder it would be the top 10 players for levels 1-99, 100-199, and so on. That way new players/ players with low max stam can have fun competing as well.

Wouldn't this still hurt new players? Those experienced players that like to remain in certain bands to farm, I mean, keep their levels for whatever reason would end up in the top 10 for their band regardless. They will have more stam then the truly new players and will have the knowledge to maximize their GE kill count.

#3 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 23:57

bad idea i like it the way it is makes me want to keep increasing my max stamina

#4 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:28

Can we please stop with always bringing tiers into ideas? New players need to pay their dues. If they really, really wanted they could donate and buy stam to achieve a Top 100 goal. It isn't impossible, rather more unlikely until they progress further in the game.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#5 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:29

Even if there were tiers added, the players that donated the most regardless of their level in their tier would get to the top 10. Same problem that you say we have now.

#6 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:37

the top 100 is for the guys with mass stam lets keep it this way and lets move forward with the mini global events

#7 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:49

Even if there were tiers added, the players that donated the most regardless of their level in their tier would get to the top 10. Same problem that you say we have now.

Although I have not donated a penny, what's wrong with donators having an advantage? They are the reason free loaders like myself are having fun. Regardless, tiering won't help new players but please stop with bashing donors.

#8 Uralus

Uralus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:39

Can we please stop with always bringing tiers into ideas? New players need to pay their dues. If they really, really wanted they could donate and buy stam to achieve a Top 100 goal. It isn't impossible, rather more unlikely until they progress further in the game.

While I don't have an opinion about this specific idea, I do have an opinion about tiers. Tiers are needed. You can't claim that players with 8 years difference in join date have the same chances and the same oppertunities, and you can't treat them as if they have the same chances. You think you will get many new players to stay when they realise they have to spend a small fortune just to compete a bit with the rest? Tiers whether it is according to level or according to join date, or what ever other method are needed.

#9 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:24

I really don't think tiers are needed. I know when I started playing FS it wasn't to compete with anyone. I started playing to have fun. I have continued to play for fun and to  talk to friends. Tiers would not help this any at all.  New players will decide on whether they want to invest in their character and play or not; not based on a tier, but on the people they talk with, the friends they make, and if they are having fun. 

As far as having the same chances, new players now have better chances due to new gear, buffs, potions, and the experience of the players that have been around for years. 

#10 Uralus

Uralus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:35

Not competing, but yet you have a top 100 ruby medal? I agree the community also makes a difference. Having fun is important, but so is competing. Being able to compete is part of the fun.

#11 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:49

Ranks should be created because if want to do the global quest i wont be leveling or if i want to level and not stay behind i have to skip the global quest.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#12 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:40

I  believe this would reduce the amount of overall kills, thus lesser rewards. Just my thought. I like it as is.

#13 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:00

[...] incentive to get in the top 100 kills list. I find it nearly impossible for any newer player to be able to ever achieve this feat. It will always go to players with high max stam. [...] To even this playing out I was thinking of possibly changing it from the top 100 overall to the top 10 in each 100 level range so like the ladder it would be the top 10 players for levels 1-99, 100-199, and so on. 

There has never been a level limitation on purchasing max or current stamina. Anyone at any level can buy stamina if they have the currency [FSP or cash] to do so. For example, earlier tonight I saw a level 40-something who had over 20k max stamina.

The minimum number of kills for a player to qualify for the event is such that anyone can do it, even with no upgrades. If someone wants more, they will just have to work for it. Isn't that the point of being on a "top" list?

#14 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:11

Without top 100 who spends lots of stamina on this event then these new players won't even achieve the best reward :)

My guess this event will achieve Crystal Tier... low chance for Ruby Tier

Edited by shindrak, 17 February 2014 - 12:12.

#15 insaner6

insaner6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:17

I think it's impossible for the community to reach 17500000   kills...   seems too much...

#16 Uralus

Uralus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:56

This like telling a 7 year old you have run against those 16 year olds. If you want to beat them, then train more.

Eventually he could beat them, or more likely he will just give up.

Edited by Uralus, 17 February 2014 - 12:58.

#17 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 17 February 2014 - 13:31

No one needs a Global Top 100 medal to enjoy the game.  People do, however, enjoy working towards a goal and that then provides game satisfaction.  

When I play a 3D war MMORPH game where other players have been there for years and their toons have numerous tricks and skills because of their experience in the game, I'm at a disadvantage, but I'm also motivated to get better and overcome that disadvantage.  These are games, thus there's suppose to be a challenge.

Keep the set up the way it is. No reason to lower the standards for the top 100.  The top 100 helps everyone earn a bigger chest and a newb can earn the overall reward.

This subject has been discussed repeatedly and the consensus is consistently against changing it, as it's not logical to do so.

Ruby Tier - we've made it before, so it is possible, but we don't seem to be doing it this time.  That will provide motivation the next time to those who have more stam but only do the minimum.

#18 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 13:38

This like telling a 7 year old you have run against those 16 year olds. If you want to beat them, then train more.

Eventually he could beat them, or more likely he will just give up.

No Games have nothing to do with age :) There's 15 years old players play better than 30 years old player's because its game not RL ;)

Edited by shindrak, 17 February 2014 - 13:38.

#19 Uralus

Uralus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 13:40

Yes there is supposed to be a challenge, but looking at the top 100 list I find not 1 that has a join date of 2012 or 2013, so there is no challenge for them. If we don't give them a challenge, then it is no game.

The consensus is against changing it, (or rather was, because has been discussed is in the past)? Is that players from 2013 saying this? We do want new players to join us, or do we only expect them to join us and then say: wow, you guys are so great...

no, not age, but we say to the player that joined in 2013, go and compete against the player from 2006 or 2007. If you want to beat him, buy more stam.

If no one needs the top 100 to enjoy the game, then remove the top 100, afterall, nobody needs it.

Edited by Uralus, 17 February 2014 - 13:47.

#20 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,817 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 February 2014 - 15:32

Staggered tiers are not the way to go. The top 100 works just fine as it is. 

*Locked*

~ Grim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: