105 replies to this topic

#101 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:34

When Arena Combat was set @ 100,500,1000,1500 and 2500 the entries are so fast and the Battle is so furious..just my observation..right now ?? it's seems that it is slow and sometimes no entry at all :(

the reason this was going so fast..was that players that could get into these tourneys ( very few of them and the rest of us excluded !!) realized that they had a short time frame to take full advantage of the horrible pricing of the prizes....that is why they were flying of the shelves...those levels hurt arena more than you realize because it excluded almost all of the players in the game..many of us could not even join 1 of them...and any player level 400 and below could only join 1...it was a horrlibe decision to alllow those levels to begin with..think of the whole community..not just yourself and all the other high level players..

#102 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:39

I'm happy to see new faces in arena now :) seems the idea is kinda working... but Higher level tourneys seems to fill faster than lower ones guess the high level players more active and interested to play arena

easy...the higher levels players have more gold, more setups, more knowledge,  more players that know that arena exists... so yes the high level tourneys are going to fill faster..the low level players cant afford all that is needed to be very active in arena...plain and simple

#103 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:52

I'd prefer to see the idea hoof had a couple years ago: Arenas with a supplied equipment list to choose from. That way all players would be on equal footing. Tick the equipment you want from the list and have at it. It would take care of the biggest problem: It would do away with the arena masters with the best most expensive gear having a huge advantage. All would be equal. It would come down to equipment choice and moves. 

Yes, I like this idea too.

It would work, only possible issue I could see is it would make the gear actually only used for arena's worthless.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#104 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 13:12

hooray !!   random matchups... :D ...hooray, better level distribution :D , now just get the price in the store to reflect the true value of the prizes and we may have a winner :D ..i know this is stunning...i am happy for once on the forums, but finally we are turning the corner to having a better arena..keep levels as they are..arena is moving at a good pace...lets hope it stays that way after a few weeks when the market has been flooded..not sure how that will happen

#105 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 27 June 2014 - 13:19

Yes, I like this idea too.

It would work, only possible issue I could see is it would make the gear actually only used for arena's worthless.

only way it would be decent is if there was many hundreds of items to choose from, 10 or 15 combinations isnt really much fun and would grow stale,

wouldnt most guilds have the gear for the arena though bar yours obviously mr doom, apart from common/rare items with hp i dont think i use really anything fancy ... skull carvers is farmable, ogrekin is farmable to give a couple of examples, most LE sets go for under 10 fsp and how much advantage does something like glaring reptilian that sells for 100 fsp a set(now worth about 15 fsp) give really, cant one just use an armor setup to counter act this? or a hybrid maybe and trap both :P

the moves arent a problem either, you shouldnt enter moves enabled arenas without moves, enter non moves arenas till u get a win then buy every move or half of them :)

and finally, will we see you in the arena mr doom or this update like i suspect has done nothing for you?

#106 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,817 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 June 2014 - 13:20

New update thread : HERE!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font: