ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:10

Please, a week or so before any balance/skill/attribute/etc updates (that are or are not discussed in forums before hand) can we have an official discussion in forums about them.

It has happened a few times now where one concerned person has sent a ticket or done something quietly behind the scenes to alert the cows to something they dont like. Whether it is meant to be that way or not a discussion thread on the forums of a proposed update would ease the pain of the sudden changes, and also before you implement it, your community may be able to offer compromises to make the best possible solution.

Having played fallensword, I know you have done similar things there with proposed updates. I know this is a different game and is coded differently and probably takes more time to get these changes done.

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#2 Alphamale

Alphamale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:11

They're monitoring stuff tho...

/Glenn

Liberae sunt nostrae cogitationes, Lex Talionis

If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge? - William shakespeare

/Glenn aka Alphadouche

#3 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:00

As i suggested earlier in "behind the scene " suggestion post. Let us know what your planning for the next month in advance.

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#4 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:30

Totally agree

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#5 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:12

I agree. Also, if patch notes could be posted, say, a minimum of 24 hours in advance, that would be lovely. At least for the big updates.

Guild Founder of The Golden Horde

Zshmaendal - Level 45 Prophet | Superfluous - Level 35 Warrior | Ulysses - Level 13 Ranger

Louis - Level 8 Warrior | Ephemeral - Level 12 Assassin | Connotation - Level 8 Mage

Crystal Cutting - 9 | Fishing - 10 | Forestry - 10 | Skinning - 8 | Farming - 19 | Foraging - 28 | Prospecting - 16

Alchemy - 36 | Cooking - 11 | Leatherworking - 4 | Weaponsmithing - 5 | Armorsmithing - 7 | Jewelry - 6 | Tailoring - 16

#6 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:50

Some things simply can't be discussed on forums,due to the fact of people wanting to exploit things. Not specifying names,but those void portal rifts were an example of what to expect when anything exploitable is found or to be fixed. Other then that most of the updates should be discussed and some positive things should be still remain a surprise. 

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#7 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 13:02

Some things simply can't be discussed on forums,due to the fact of people wanting to exploit things. Not specifying names,but those void portal rifts were an example of what to expect when anything exploitable is found or to be fixed. Other then that most of the updates should be discussed and some positive things should be still remain a surprise. 

In general, I agree with what Guthix says.  When I play, I like to leave it to the game developers to "surprise me".  

I think most players are this way too, it's just, the despair nerf (and lack of prioritizing mainly) was a really "nasty surprise".  In the end, the despair nerf is not a big deal.  In itself.  Tanks can still keep aggro, and it IS part of a good dps to learn how much to dps anyway.  But with all the lack of love given to tanks previously, I think this was the final straw for even more (badly needed) tanks.  

And it IS also true that the developers for this game is pretty silent, we have little idea of what they are working on right now.  If this were not such a great game, there wouldn't be so many people sticking around and complaining, because they just wouldn't care.  

So no, I don't want to know everything they are working on.

But yes, I want the devs to come out and respond once in awhile in forums (aside from we are watching, we are observing, we are taking into consideration, something concrete would be nice)

Edited by Alteration, 01 June 2014 - 13:04.

#8 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 01 June 2014 - 20:08

I agree with exploitable glitches and bugs, dont post the details of them or how to do them.

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: