#21 minddrag

minddrag

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Canada

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:05

Umm ya I've encountered some of those people... Good that I read this first... Cuz whomdosent like free money? But I play at library sometimes an have 2 laptops... Is this a problem?

2zgi4n8.jpg

My Signature Shop:

https://forums.hunte...e-shop-startup/

#22 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:40

Umm ya I've encountered some of those people... Good that I read this first... Cuz whomdosent like free money? But I play at library sometimes an have 2 laptops... Is this a problem?

No as long you don't create another account.

The world is cruel...as will I....

#23 Kiriito

Kiriito

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:30

Lucky i read this as a guy whispered me a few days ago asking if i wanted free EP he was low lvl to.

kirito_signature_by_trafal_guy-d5kzitk.p

#24 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:48

If I had to guess i'd say Phishing,Emails and Keyloggers though.

lol used to love this program. bring it back

• KeS likes this

#25 oxye

oxye

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 06:48

https://www.youtube....h?v=HHFFdy2NSdE

Something came in the Eldevin Forum today. :DDDD

#26 LuthorHuss

LuthorHuss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:20

Regarding multiple accounts, would a Kongregate account apply?  I discovered the game through Kongregate and played for maybe thirty minutes.  Since I liked the game, I decided to create an account directly through Hunted Cow and downloaded the launcher, since I play this game more seriously and didn't want to access it through Kongregate.

#27 oxye

oxye

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 16:38

Well, I feel that as a player Eldevin.
We should do what we have to
It is hard to find out who is trading. Plus there are websites where you are able to sell your account or put it up for auction. Every mmorpg game is going to have a % of players that are not going to obey the rules. In my opinion this problem will be happening throughout our game experience as a rode in players. When there's a game that has chat mode enabled there are always going to be the hackers/ traders that are going to break the rules regardless.
This will he a discussion that will not change. Banning players will only make them make another account and repeat the process. I'm not promoting this but I am saying that there is no end for this.

#28 Anameisaname

Anameisaname

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 17:20

Yes, same with murder. But we still put murderers to jail, interesting huh?

#29 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 May 2015 - 15:07

Regarding, trading and warnings.
I notice that there are auction websites for selling your game account for money. Does this break the rules?
I was attempting to sell my user but was quite skeptical about doing it.

Zorg stated on the front page "Game accounts are non-transferable under any circumstances." this means 3rd party websites also.

The line "I was attempting to sell my user but was quite skeptical about doing it."  You may as well have said "I went to sell my account but I'm not sure if I'll get away with it."

You just don't happen to come across these websites day to day for selling accounts unless you're looking for them.

Warning spoiler may not be suitable for kids.

Spoiler

If buff or wave to you in passing, it means hello!
@AntEldevin
##ETradin Buy & Sell Chat

http://webchat.freenode.net

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#30 csenye

csenye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 20:03

What about married couple playing in same home address and premium paid with same CC? that is 2 accounts paid with same card but for 2 different individuals, 2 dif emails and user names. Dif IP since playing in different computers but same home. Could that be mistaken by 2 accounts for one individual?

#31 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 01 May 2015 - 22:22

What about married couple playing in same home address and premium paid with same CC? that is 2 accounts paid with same card but for 2 different individuals, 2 dif emails and user names. Dif IP since playing in different computers but same home. Could that be mistaken by 2 accounts for one individual?

I know for their other games you could provde sufficient ID for the accounts then it was fine, assume it is similar for this game. Just contact them.

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#32 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 May 2015 - 00:49

Just an fyi.  I assume you're both using the same router/modem and going to a single service provider.  The IP you see on your computer is the IP going to the router.  Your router uses a single IP to communicate to your provider, and that's the IP that HCS sees.

If you are using two different modems then there is no problem, as HCS will see two different IPs.

Edited by Irradiated, 02 May 2015 - 00:51.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#33 Tisric

Tisric

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:16

Sad to say, IP's don't tend to be enough of a standard for locking in user accounts. Most; if not all ISPs, provide users with dynamic IPs that change every few days to every few months. In addition, MAC-association would limit players to their own devices rather than logging in from a friend's location.

Carders obtain the cc details from the deep web market places in most cases.. the ones using them here will not be the ones actually phishing/hacking databases. They will however, use VPNs with a clean socks4/5 in the same area as the cardholder in order to try and have it processed without needing to call the card issuer. 

Is it possible for the devs to include one of the checks for cards and compare to user IPs? I.e. if the card is issued to a person in another state/country than the registered IP on the game account, it denies the transaction automatically?

Just a suggestion.. it's getting harder and harder for them to use those stolen cards, so they'll try using them.. anywhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: