Photo

Optimal Hunting Buffs Setup For Double XP!

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 17:43

I am level 981. So does that mean I should hit

Volmar Ram (Champion) lvl 980 until I am level 984.

Then hunt normal mobs until 987. Then hit Dark Horseman (Champion) lvl 987 until I am level 991? Rinse and Repeat?

correct stop at the 4th i think can test yourself to make sure.

#22 pinkdude

pinkdude

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 18:52

correct stop at the 4th i think can test yourself to make sure.

Thanks! I'll try it out for sure. I never heard about hunting champions for more XP

#23 Thiudimir

Thiudimir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 19:20

Thanks! I'll try it out for sure. I never heard about hunting champions for more XP

If you can one-hit them, it's pretty smart, especially if you have a high AM running.

I'd never really considered hitting them below my level, though. That's a good tip.

#24 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 21:06

I am level 981. So does that mean I should hit
Volmar Ram (Champion) lvl 980 until I am level 984.
Then hunt normal mobs until 987. Then hit Dark Horseman (Champion) lvl 987 until I am level 991? Rinse and Repeat?

if you are in Karthak. Some of those Champions are Quest locked. There are some you can hit. I know there's a guide to leveling through. Probably your best bet

#25 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 21:09

If you can one-hit them, it's pretty smart, especially if you have a high AM running.

I'd never really considered hitting them below my level, though. That's a good tip.

Yes. ONLY hunt Champs with AM 500 or higher. That way you save the Stam from not moving for hitting more creatures

#26 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 13 December 2017 - 22:00

3 and 4th level give you same xp as reg creature but a lot more gxp.

gxp is the same percentage of your gained xp, (this does include hourly xp gains) except for quest rewards, regardless of what critter you're hitting.  So, sorry, EP, you appear to be misinformed.  

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#27 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 22:21

gxp is the same percentage of your gained xp, (this does include hourly xp gains) except for quest rewards, regardless of what critter you're hitting.  So, sorry, EP, you appear to be misinformed.  

Weird then i guess we are spending billions of stamina to gain our gxp here in MoM. Because once your 25 levels over content you pretty much get 1 xp per mob. You are stuck in the past BP that was changed over 4 years ago. it's % of the base gxp a monster gives forever and always doesn't matter your level :).

https://forums.hunte...363&hl=sublevel

Edited by Mutiny Raid Boss, 13 December 2017 - 22:25.

#28 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:48

Oh snap

#29 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 03:43

Hi all,

I just wanted to share what I thought might be the best hunting buffs for the upcoming double xp. Feel free to offer suggestions or share your own! :)

Skill (Level):
Adept Learner (750)
Animal Magnetism (500)
Librarian (750)
Conserve (750)
Smashing Hammer (390 or higher)
Overkill (1000)
Wither (450)
Doubler (1500)
Sacrifice (500)
Reckoning (200)
Stalker (300)
PvP Prestige (10)
Teleport (only when moving)
Unbreakable (200)

Potion drinking order: Brewing master 175 -> Zombie Brew -> Pride (if applicable) -> Brewers Art -> all potions above.

Remove Brewing Master, Distill, and Pride buffs before attacking creatures!!!

Additional Tip: Make sure to note where the champions are since you can kill them for 2-4 levels.

Alternative to level 750 boxes:

You also have Emblazoned Royal Chest. Also the Bloodthirsty Vampiric Chest

#30 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:21

Weird then i guess we are spending billions of stamina to gain our gxp here in MoM. Because once your 25 levels over content you pretty much get 1 xp per mob. You are stuck in the past BP that was changed over 4 years ago. it's % of the base gxp a monster gives forever and always doesn't matter your level :).

https://forums.hunte...363&hl=sublevel

This is something I have never been told.  That thread was during my time away.  I didn't return to FS until late spring of 2014, and nobody has ever told me about it.   So how am I supposed to have known?

However, in the spirit of this event, I don't really give an iota about gxp anyway.  I'm going after the most xp for me, and I know from experience from spending years losing and regaining levels that at my level with all those fancy pots, 2 levels over that champ and I'm not getting any extra benefits....   I'm pretty sure my guild founder doesn't mind if I work on myself rather than guild standing for this event, as I contribute to the guild in more important ways.....   

I know I will never see EoC, but I never thought I'd break 1k either, and you can see I was wrong about that too....

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#31 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:05

Below 1200 2 levels per champ if your ambition is levels gained 3 levels to 1800 ish if same  4 levels above there.

Secondly find the Highest elite that instant spawns within reason to level at end of your hunt and gain GXP. This has been the case after the last few xp events..so hopefully continues.

Finally Death dealer and similar buffs are simply not needed kills streaks and their loss has no effect on xp gain you lose less stam dying without using imps dd etc etc simply but either 1 hit killing or dying.

Edited by zizzwyly, 14 December 2017 - 10:09.

#32 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 14:37

This is something I have never been told.  That thread was during my time away.  I didn't return to FS until late spring of 2014, and nobody has ever told me about it.   So how am I supposed to have known?

However, in the spirit of this event, I don't really give an iota about gxp anyway.  I'm going after the most xp for me, and I know from experience from spending years losing and regaining levels that at my level with all those fancy pots, 2 levels over that champ and I'm not getting any extra benefits....   I'm pretty sure my guild founder doesn't mind if I work on myself rather than guild standing for this event, as I contribute to the guild in more important ways.....   

I know I will never see EoC, but I never thought I'd break 1k either, and you can see I was wrong about that too....

Just wanted to make sure people didn't think what you said was true. No harm done.

#33 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 18:00

2 events in a row and I forgot to activate my PvP prestige :(

#34 JayTo

JayTo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 14:28

I am always telling people to hunt with minimum buffs, because reckoning gives much xp when it is triggering on AL/LIB/CON...In order to make this whole thing worthwhile you need the Reckoning 200.

I get laughed at and called a stupid noob when ppl find out I don't use lightfoot (and basically every other buff). I move from portal to portal, spending 20 movement stam and get my level. While I spend 20 stam to move, as long as I'm using minimum buffs, I am getting MORE xp because reckoning is triggering more often on my big xp buffs instead of uselessly on LF. 

Reckoning DOES trigger on UB, you don't want UB.

Lightfoot, epic craft, epic forge - or anything extra beyond achieving 1-hit damg is unnecessary and losing you XP.

Only use AM if you are doing the champs. The ~20 stam spent walking to portals is not a lot. Reckoning on AM will lose you more xp than the 20, 30, 40 stam from walking. You lose xp because you are removing odds of reckoning triggering on buffs that give big XP boost.

Imagine a 40x Doubler with CON500 and reckoning hits. Now, instead of a basic 25% chance of using no stam, the conserve is 50% chance of using no stam. Therefore, each reckoning hit on CON500 is worth 10 stam - 25% better chance of saving 40 stam is 10 stam. You might hit conserve with reckoning 5+ times on every level = saving you 50 stam. It's happening 5+ times on Adept and Lib too! Adding any buff like lightfoot is taking away from these big bonus's.

If you do champs then you can use the AM and get even more XP, but it is difficult to find champs every 2-3 level in my experience. If you do the champs you probably need Death Dealer too.

Depending on the level and amount of your other buffs, stalker is probably not worth using. In my tests a level 300 stalker gave only ~6% more xp. When you have bigger buffs that benefit lots more from a reckoning hit, stalker could be net xp loss since it's soaking (~15% of) reckoning hits.

Players below level 600 can get away without using any damg buffs! All they need is (distilled) 450 wither! They have CON/LIB/AL/Wither - 4 buffs that reckoning can hit, a 75% chance to hit a big xp buff. If you add just one more buff (a 5th target for reckoning), now it's down to a 60% (instead of 75%) chance to hit the big xp buffs. Think about that: 15% LESS chance to hit one of 3 buffs that average 100% more xp = 15% less xp, just by adding one buff! That is why you can't have ANYTHING extra. Anything extra and you ruin the whole idea - the odds of reckoning hitting on your big buffs drop dramatically with every extra buff. A couple extra non-xp buffs like Epic craft / forge, you are failing in any case. A couple extra buffs, and you won't even notice results. The first extra buff is the most harmful to your XP.

For anyone that disbelieves this minimum buff idea. I challenge you to look at it in simple rational: Reckoning is ~45% chance to double a buff. You have a few buffs that give essentially 100% more xp. Why get buffs you don't need? Don't you want high odds of doubling your 100% xp buffs?

It does get a lot more complicated than just what I put above. There is actually a lot of math to look at. The value of reckoning + any single buff is dynamic, changing from net gain/loss based on the level and number your other buffs. 10% of prestige is dang near that threshold with level 500 xp buffs.

This all only works if you are using level 500ish+ AL/LIB/CON. If you do it with low level xp buffs, then OK, Prestige, even stalker becomes worthwhile in relation to the other lower level buffs.

If you can't wrap your head around the math just do a hunt and see the difference plain as day - simple. Reckoning200, Wither450, Adept/Lib/Conserve 500's+, Doubler1000+, Composed SH (for level 600+), SSI Should be all you need. If you still need more damg, maybe charge up Death Dealer or just COA. remember adding just 1-2 more buffs will ruin the whole thing - only hunt with minimum damg buffs necessary for 1-hit in order to have best odds for reckoning on biggest xp buffs.

Overkill: The overblown from arena is only level 400. The 400 isn't enough extra XP to justify adding a single damg buff in order for it to work. There is a level 1000 OK in the ruby chest, it is strong enough to help, but you will need to add damg buff to make it work. Also, the high level sacrifice comes in the chest, it will help especially since you are adding another damg buff to make the OK work. However, you miss out on all your gold, and the extra xp is not a lot actually, nowhere near the ~20% more as you would be lead to believe on the surface.

Edited by JayTo, 31 May 2018 - 03:05.

#35 zzephyr

zzephyr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 18:19

SSI.

Using SSI is actually less efficient than going full suicide with a high-level doubler because dying loses 1 stam and a fraction of the xp you would gain from using the 2-hit SSI stam on two successful 1-hit kills.

#36 JayTo

JayTo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 18:25

Using SSI is actually less efficient than going full suicide with a high-level doubler because dying loses 1 stam and a fraction of the xp you would gain from using the 2-hit SSI stam on two successful 1-hit kills.

Yea, if you have 10% higher attack than their defense you are dying only 2% of the time.

Depends how much you value gold vs xp. Taking those deaths could be losing many fsp depending how much you're stuck holding - and it would be happening more than once. Is 2% more xp worth all the gold lost? The more max stam and longer your run, the more you will lose unless you offload it to a friend or bid on a friends item on AH. There are work around for saving it.

Personally, I use SSI and save the trouble and my gold. Without SSI I would be losing half of it, I think. 2% xp is okay to let go for me. This minimum buffs hunt is adding way more % xp vs what most ppl are doing though, for relatively cheap.

Gold vs XP is a concern for this minimum buff hunt too though. Those are expensive potions. Usually 15fsp for both. I wouldn't recommend doing it unless you have 15k+ stam. This way your gold from hunt pretty much pays for the potions you need.

Edited by JayTo, 31 May 2018 - 01:08.

#37 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 18:54

I have always 2 hit about 10% of the time... Arterial Strike adds bonus XP when I do...  I must be doing something right, since I appear to always have the same players in range.....

I'm in no hurry to get to EoC though, pushing myself feels like work, and that's not why I play games.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#38 JayTo

JayTo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 22:37

I have always 2 hit about 10% of the time... Arterial Strike adds bonus XP when I do...  I must be doing something right, since I appear to always have the same players in range.....

I'm in no hurry to get to EoC though, pushing myself feels like work, and that's not why I play games.

You always appear to be in the same range as your peers because they are probably all hunting with a bunch of not-needed buffs. Everyone I ever saw has been. Just because everyone does something doesn't make it 'right'.

Edited by JayTo, 30 May 2018 - 22:42.

#39 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 22:47

You always appear to be in the same range as your peers because they are probably all hunting with a bunch of buffs too, lit like an inefficient x-mas tree. At least everyone I ever saw has been. 

I rarely use any uber buffs, outside what I compose for myself, and what I get from global chests and event gifts from the cow gods, I just move forward slowly. I march to the beat of my own drummer. I don't have my points 100% damage, I use sets I design with the help of trusted friends, and I plod along on this tiny phone.  That I can keep up is an accomplishment in my eyes, that I'm still here after 11 years come next week is due to pure obsession.

I don't purport to be an expert by any means, I know that the support of my guild and my friends has gotten me where I am today.  I'm willing to learn from others, and to pass along what I have learned to those in need, but I also feel that all should be able to play the game in their own way.  There is no right or wrong, as long as one makes progress in some fashion.  Don't you agree?

Edited by BadPenny, 30 May 2018 - 22:48.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#40 JayTo

JayTo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 23:08

I rarely use any uber buffs, outside what I compose for myself, and what I get from global chests and event gifts from the cow gods, I just move forward slowly. I march to the beat of my own drummer. I don't have my points 100% damage, I use sets I design with the help of trusted friends, and I plod along on this tiny phone.  That I can keep up is an accomplishment in my eyes, that I'm still here after 11 years come next week is due to pure obsession.

I don't purport to be an expert by any means, I know that the support of my guild and my friends has gotten me where I am today.  I'm willing to learn from others, and to pass along what I have learned to those in need, but I also feel that all should be able to play the game in their own way.  There is no right or wrong, as long as one makes progress in some fashion.  Don't you agree?

Yea. Play how you want. Didn't say anything about that. I don't use expensive pots neither. I only use pvp crystal chest (450/500/1100 LIB/CON/DOUBLER) buffs along with GE 500 adepts, darksun gives 12! All my xp pots come from PVP and GE. If I were not using level 500 buffs, all this wouldn't be worth doing, because the buffs would be too low level, and it would be better to do an overkill hunt with prestige and stalker like everyone else.

To me, fun is playing as efficiently as possible. If I am going to hunt, I am going to get the most xp possible, otherwise I feel I am wasting my time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: