28 replies to this topic

#1 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 05 November 2021 - 20:41

I am not receiving notifications for guild leader chat…. Anyone else having this problem?

#2 IVANIDAS

IVANIDAS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 05 November 2021 - 21:46

Yep, no notis 

1XUAuwf.png

#3 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 06 November 2021 - 01:22

Working fine for me

#4 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 06 November 2021 - 03:12

Our guild leader chat has not worked for over a month :(

Click on leader chat and get a blank white screen.

Edited by WandKing, 07 November 2021 - 08:18.

#5 IVANIDAS

IVANIDAS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 06 November 2021 - 03:32

Overall Guild Logs dont appear nor show current actions

1XUAuwf.png

#6 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 November 2021 - 02:24

everyone should be moving away from game chats and create a discord channel. communication is much better on discord and you can control your notifications.

sigma_468x60.jpg

#7 IVANIDAS

IVANIDAS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 07 November 2021 - 02:39

everyone should be moving away from game chats and create a discord channel. communication is much better on discord and you can control your notifications.

Yes, but before the guild logs were messed up too. It seems it got fixed  B)

1XUAuwf.png

#8 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 07 November 2021 - 08:20

Driving me back to RL or my dusty old Game Cube. Been years since and am missing my Zelda :P

#9 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 November 2021 - 18:42

Id rather things get fixed then saying oh well lets move on to discord mentality. Pretty soon everyone is on autoload and you realize your playing along in the game haha. 

#10 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 08 November 2021 - 20:52

Fix it, but give it the absolute lowest priority as it has no effect on people living in 2021 due to discord.

#11 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 November 2021 - 00:49

Id rather things get fixed then saying oh well lets move on to discord mentality. Pretty soon everyone is on autoload and you realize your playing along in the game haha.

Fix it, but give it the absolute lowest priority as it has no effect on people living in 2021 due to discord.

This right here. Why downgrade when you can upgrade. This is something guild leaders should be pushing their members to join if they cared at all about communicating and advancing their guild in different aspects of the game. It's 2021 keep up.

Edited by Alisa, 09 November 2021 - 00:55.

sigma_468x60.jpg

#12 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 09 November 2021 - 02:24

This right here. Why downgrade when you can upgrade. This is something guild leaders should be pushing their members to join if they cared at all about communicating and advancing their guild in different aspects of the game. It's 2021 keep up.

Not everybody is comfortable in the discord.... most because of some thinking it's voice only, others thinking they need to download something to their phone or PC... both of these are untrue....

I myself access discord from my Chrome browser...  it's actually the only thing I have ever allowed notifications for.

It's important for guild leadership to allay these "fears" and encourage members and other leaders to join the discord if they wish to have most guild conversations there.

That said, it's pointless to have a feature in game that does not work properly.... cows should fix it or just eliminate it entirely.  Having it there and broken for such a long time does nothing to alleviate attrition rates of the game as a whole. 

And yeah, I know I don't have a dog in this hunt as I'm not guild leadership by any means, but I do care about the good health and longevity of FS as a whole.... having guild leaders happy is vital for that to continue....

Edited by BadPenny, 09 November 2021 - 02:24.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#13 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 09 November 2021 - 02:33

Realistically they should A. remove it or B. make it more organized aside from one mega chat. Leaning towards A in all honesty way more things that need to be developed.

Like for instance the permission for other members to disband relics.

Edited by EpicPiety, 09 November 2021 - 02:33.

#14 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 09 November 2021 - 17:32

Is discord a HCS product?

Per en.wikipedia.org it is not.

I guess everyone is replacing the guild website link under guild logo with discord.

Players from all over the world have different experiences with a multitude of apps old and new.

Yet many of our guildmates prefer to avoid some of those apps and favor ingame apps.

We do have members that use outside apps such as discord which is great for them.

As for the rest of our guildmates, we prefer something simple; no pics, no videos, no phone calls etc.

Guild Leader chat is a no frills part of FS where guild decisions are made.

I think it best to keep guild chat and guild leader chat operating as was.

I also feel my personal information and chatting is better protected in Fallen Sword

Edited by WandKing, 09 November 2021 - 18:14.

#15 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 November 2021 - 19:02

I agree with WandKing. Discord will always be available for those that want it. But the chat should be fixed. simple enough. 

#16 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 09 November 2021 - 19:23

Don't just fix it, improve it at the very least. However extremely low priority given discord is a trusted and reputable company powering gaming all over the world. Living in 2021 is great  :D and it seems the cows endorse discord GREAT MOVE imo.

#17 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 09 November 2021 - 19:26

Is discord a HCS product?

Per en.wikipedia.org it is not.

I guess everyone is replacing the guild website link under guild logo with discord.

Players from all over the world have different experiences with a multitude of apps old and new.

Yet many of our guildmates prefer to avoid some of those apps and favor ingame apps.

We do have members that use outside apps such as discord which is great for them.

As for the rest of our guildmates, we prefer something simple; no pics, no videos, no phone calls etc.

Guild Leader chat is a no frills part of FS where guild decisions are made.

I think it best to keep guild chat and guild leader chat operating as was.

I also feel my personal information and chatting is better protected in Fallen Sword

I'll make your guild a discord and hand ownership over free of charge to help out in this period where leader chat is broke :).

#18 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 09 November 2021 - 22:59

Don't just fix it, improve it at the very least. However extremely low priority given discord is a trusted and reputable company powering gaming all over the world. Living in 2021 is great  :D and it seems the cows endorse discord GREAT MOVE imo.

So was Face Book...I believe they had a data breach that possibly happened months before they made it public

#19 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 09 November 2021 - 23:03

So was Face Book...I believe they had a data breach that possibly happened months before they made it public

Merely connecting to the internet in any capacity puts your data at risk. Fortunately i'm not nearly important enough for my data being access to mean anything. Cheers to those who are 0.0

VPN's and all sorts of tools can help with those concerns.

Edited by EpicPiety, 09 November 2021 - 23:09.

#20 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 09 November 2021 - 23:12

Merely connecting to the internet in any capacity puts your data at risk. Fortunately i'm not nearly important enough for my data being access to mean anything. Cheers to those who are 0.0

Yes, there are many forms of off-site communication that we can use, not only to socialize but to strategize...  but I think you're missing the point that a lot of FS players either can't or won't utilize off site methods.   Sure, a lot are under the misconception that they have to download something, which as I already said isn't true, but there may be other considerations as well.. many social media sites are restricted at workplaces and even in other nations... 
Back in the long ago, when I had to play FS from my local library, FB and comparable sites were blocked, as were many of the more sophisticated games of that time.. FS was the only game I was able to access from there, as a matter of fact.

So, though you do make some valid points, you still seem to have some tunnel vision in that respect...  Unfortunately, not everybody shares your views 

Edited by BadPenny, 09 November 2021 - 23:13.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: