• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 19:53

hi everyone...not sure if there was ever a thread about this..but im looking to see if its possible for the HCS or even in FSHELPER...to come up with a way that guild members OR just founders can buff their guild, with out going player by player.  Im thinking i could enter "level 1490 to 1590" and all players in that range in my guild get pulled up for me to buff.  Yes, those of us in large guilds can easily take four minutes bringing up players names, especially with all the strange spellings...and then clicking on the buffs....losing the precious timing it takes to make the hitters lose a hit during a GVG.  this might get shut down..but this is not just for GVGs...it can be great in relic wars!  Or if your guild gets on the BB...OR if you are having a guild wide hunting challenge.  or  just cuz you like to buff. 

please give it a thought..because i know if i go to ACTIONS..i can pull up all players in the game by putting in what ever range i want...and for the guild, i can just use the "X" if player is in active and i dont want to waste stam.

this can be one of the guild upgrades.......or even a structure.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME!

Edited by lapdragon, 19 February 2018 - 22:15.

#2 fmedic

fmedic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 20:09

Good idea! As a structure I think. Lot of guilds would build it

#3 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 20:18

Even the anti GvG/PvP crew would like this idea, surely. I mean, what is there not to like? A Guild Structure that allows Guild members to blanket buff between certain level ranges sounds good to me. It's use could also be added to Guild Permissions.

Cheers.

wil72

#4 davidutz

davidutz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Badge
  • Romania

Posted 19 February 2018 - 20:25

Yap really nice idea, i would like to see it implemented, it will help lots of players to log in the game and be buffed for some stuff, like if there is event i can buff all guild with the basic buffs for hunt , scav , farm , etc.  

Really nice idea :) 

#5 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 20:31

Most important thing that needs to be addressed in the buff packages is dropping players who don't have the stam to cast the buff(s), much like the FSP market started dropping players with insufficient gold. It seems pretty simple and it's been asked for for so long it is easily forgotten.

Attached Thumbnails

• Do it100x100.jpg

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#6 raining3s

raining3s

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 23:11

Im not really sure how well that would work out. It would deff need some adjustments. First of all, certai people would need different buffs considering what they are wearing. Next, many people are inactive and serve as storage within guilds. There would be absolutely no point of wasting stam to buff them. Once again, youll need to open profiles to check the gear they are wearing to determine buffs, so isnt that the same thing time wise... as quick buff?? Maybe if you use general buffs only.. but once again i dont think it serves much of a dramatic purpose.

#7 Kontiki

Kontiki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 23:17

Yes! I'd love this! Great idea :)

#8 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 23:36

Im not really sure how well that would work out........purpose.

yes if you have the time...but let me explain bit deeper.  say your guild is having a hunting event...you log on, and you want to quickly buff your level 200s in your guild...you can pull up buff menu, click "from" add 199 then "to" 299 and buff with what ever you want...there is always a huge red X next to each player so hit the X if they are inactive.  for GVG, this is even better.  easily KE, DC, SH, etc can be quickly give in ranges of players being hit.  instead of, typing in each players name in that range....especially if you are in a HUGE guild with multiple players in each range.  TIME SAVE!!!!

Edited by lapdragon, 19 February 2018 - 23:37.

#9 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 19 February 2018 - 23:56

yes if you have the time...but let me explain bit deeper.  say your guild is having a hunting event...you log on, and you want to quickly buff your level 200s in your guild...you can pull up buff menu, click "from" add 199 then "to" 299 and buff with what ever you want...there is always a huge red X next to each player so hit the X if they are inactive.  for GVG, this is even better.  easily KE, DC, SH, etc can be quickly give in ranges of players being hit.  instead of, typing in each players name in that range....especially if you are in a HUGE guild with multiple players in each range.  TIME SAVE!!!!

Thing is, there, Lappy, as often as not, offline players tend to be wearing epics.... Unless they've equipped at least 1 full set, KE and SH have 0 effect, and if they are wearing even 1 Epic, Coor att/def do nothing at all, right?  So you still have to look at each individual to ensure that your buffs and stam aren't wasted...... at least as a defensive measure during a GvG.  

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#10 raining3s

raining3s

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 00:25

The problem with that is... you still havw to check their gear.. otherwise those buffs are near useless. As far as GVG is concerned and huge guilds.. you would never buff every member. Thats absolutely waste of stamina. You only buff targets who are being attacked or are able to get attacked. Implementing this for the couple buffs that work with any set isnt really ideal.. you would still gave to check wvery member. To check for durability and if they ar eveing attacked. And look at enemy guilds for potential attckers. Considering there are 50/75/100 attacks... theres really no reason to buff so many members. We would be left with stam-less higher level buffers

#11 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:04

ok your missing the point...the point is....can there be a structure or a privilege that allows you to pull up levels on the guild buff screen to buff levels?  for what EVER reason.  In MY guild, for examlpe, it would be beneficial to have some thing that lets me go and buff RANGES in my guild...and the EXAMPLE that i am using is for GVG...we are getting hit, i look and see that the incoming hits are from a level 953 player.  i therefore can type in 853 to 1053 and all guidies in that range come up and then i am quickly able to buff them.  it can be used for hunting if your guild does hunting days.  im not going to debate the buffs you can use...i used a few as an example.  ANY guild who does any kind of GVG knows to look for who is hitting etc.  i have 8 players in that range alone.  the time that is saved by punching in level ranges as opposed to names is a HUGE saver of time.  ESPECIALLY in a GVG.  if your guild has all guidies in epics and you see a hitter at XXXX level hitting, pull up the range and buff your guidies with Invigorate....or what ever.  or dont use it at all.  but my guild would gladly use this .......i dont know how to code but i know i can do this if i look for players in the game...why not have it fine tuned for better control of my guild and the buffing we do??

Edited by lapdragon, 20 February 2018 - 02:08.

#12 raining3s

raining3s

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:01

I completely understand what you are saying. And i get it. But YOU are also missing the point. How would you know they are in epics ? You will still have to look at your members that are in that range. Sure, this would be helpful for deflect, last ditch, forceshield, etc.. a few buffs that work with all setups. But once again, you will have to check their profiles and buff them accordingly. Armor setup, defence setup, hybrid etc. You have to specifically buff players according to their gear. What are you gonna do ? Buff everyone with deflect and last ditch and whatever else... and then open each attacked player in your guild and buff them all over again with different buffs they personally need ? This is a double job and silly. DOUBLE TIME WASTED. Its a good start to an idea though ! I like the base of the idea :) good luck.

#13 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:05

I've said this before in Rye's thread.... we need a defensive RP pack for this type of scenario.... Buffs should include: Deflect, Last Ditch, Erosion, Smite, and Sealed.  

I'm not saying your idea doesn't have merit, Lappy, I'm just saying it only fixes PART of the problem.  Which also means we need to discuss this more to brainstorm and work out the flaws that lie therein.....

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#14 raining3s

raining3s

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:06

Edit: you wouldnt be buffing NMV to your member, if he needs attack to defend a high defence target. You wouldnt be buffing armor boost/layered armor to your defence geared member. You will not be buffing set oriented buffs to a member in full epics. You will not be buffing shield wall on a member with an armor setup. Just so you understand what im getting at.

#15 raining3s

raining3s

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:07

I've said this before in Rye's thread.... we need a defensive RP pack for this type of scenario.... Buffs should include: Deflect, Last Ditch, Erosion, Smite, and Sealed.  

I'm not saying your idea doesn't have merit, Lappy, I'm just saying it only fixes PART of the problem.  Which also means we need to discuss this more to brainstorm and work out the flaws that lie therein.....

This ^^^^^

#16 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:25

Edit: you wouldnt be buffing NMV to your member,... getting at.

errr, thank you for telling me about buffs, but it has nothing to do with what im talking about...im not talking about a buff PACKAGE.  im talking about BUFFING BY LEVEL RANGES as a group in guilds only.  currently i have to type each players name when i am doing a mass buffing, FOR EXAMPLE, a gvg.  if i was able to pull up groups to buff by typing in RANGES, instead of individual names, it would save time because 4 players hitting us, with 8 targets each in just my 900 range can EASILY blow thru 100 hits in 10 mins, while i am still typing in names to buff, never mind going thru the list to pick the buffs.

please keep this on topic of my idea, NOT the buffs to use.  that can be in a different thread.  again, im not talking about buffs, buff packages or what buffs for what sets, im talking about buffing by LEVEL RANGES in guilds by typing in the ranges i want to buff.  it could be a new structure to purchase for the guild or guild privilege, Or just a character upgrade.

#17 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:30

I've said this before in Rye's thread.... we need a defensive RP pack for this type of scenari......... that lie therein.....

thanks PENNY, but again, i am not talking of that either, tho the guild RP packs can definitely be tweeked.  again please see my comment above ^^^^^^^^^^  again a better WAY to buff, not the buffs themselves. 

#18 wazzimoto

wazzimoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:39

I think this is a great idea that could be (easily??) implemented! Being able to buff level ranges in a Guild without the excess typing of members names in the "quick buff" section would absolutely be of benefit....especially when playing from a phone! I think it's biggest advantage would be during Guild Conflicts!! :)

aUcTiOnS  ---->   Check out my current auctions here!

WazziSig1_zps86dd99f5.png

#19 wazzimoto

wazzimoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 20 February 2018 - 13:39

Once again you miss the point. Would you like to tell me what you are blindly buffing level ranges with.

1) When we GvG we have NO members in EPICS for that period .... 2) It's not blindly if you know the level of the players that are hitting your members...   

aUcTiOnS  ---->   Check out my current auctions here!

WazziSig1_zps86dd99f5.png

#20 raining3s

raining3s

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 13:46

1) When we GvG we have NO members in EPICS for that period .... 2) It's not blindly if you know the level of the players that are hitting your members...

The level is redundant. They use different sets. Hybrid sets, defensive sets, armor sets. You must buff accordingly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: