• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 goolsby7

goolsby7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 19:33

I would likely participate (because that's what I do) but I don't see the need for a concentration on higher fragments (and I am level 60 Composing)

I dont think it necessarily has to be higher frag amounts, but for it to be focused on frag rewards :o We already have plenty of globals in place that give up some pretty good (if not goddly in some cases) potion chests, so some sort of other reward would be good :D Frags would be a good start methinks

Gold / Kill peaks at about Level 310 or so - and then drops again twice - once at 1601 (from average 300g / kill with no doubler/mer/th to 250g / kill) and then again at at 1626 (down another 50g / kill to an average of 200g / kill)

#22 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 August 2018 - 21:52

I dont think it necessarily has to be higher frag amounts, but for it to be focused on frag rewards :o We already have plenty of globals in place that give up some pretty good (if not goddly in some cases) potion chests, so some sort of other reward would be good :D Frags would be a good start methinks

Rise of the Wraiths, Pinata Frenzy are the two global events where the rewards are Frag chests instead of potion chests.

As BG said the composing formula is set up in a way where you don't need many of the higher frags.

Common/Rare/Unique can be easily farmed in game or killing global mobs for frag stashes.

Legendary/Crystalline - some global mobs drop frag stashes containing small amounts of these, alternatively there are LE events throughout the year + crystalline chomper events where LE/crystal frags can be topped up easily.

Super Elite - These are maybe the hardest to get I currently have 10,282 which is more than enough for what I make -- the easiest way to get them I think is inventing deathspinner items or buying frag stashes dropped from chests. 

For people wondering who may not compose as much here goes possibly a more realistic potion people make to show costs

:

Step 1: Add Skills

Skill Level 19_b.gif Adept Learner 300 39_b.gif Conserve 300 24_b.gif Animal Magnetism 400 20_b.gif Librarian 30067_b.gif Light Foot 740

Step 2: Review Fragment Usage

Fragment Required 0.gif Common 306 1.gif Rare 216 2.gif Unique 171 3.gif Legendary 141 5.gif Crystalline 96 4.gif Super Elite 18

Step 3: Duration, Tagging and Cost

Duration: 90 minute(s) Guild Tagged: Gold Cost: 183600 Time to create: 5h 5m

You can cut the frag cost + gold cost a lot by altering the potion to 30 minutes rather than 90 and using brewing master + pride to make the potion last longer -- don't see why you would need a levelling potion to last such a long time, unless you have a lot of stamina, in which case you shouldn't have any problems getting enough frags.

I can see why you suggested the idea because I know a lot of people who are low on the 3 frags you mentioned but I don't see the need for a new global specifically for these frags when there are already in game methods to acquire them.

Edited by sohail94, 13 August 2018 - 21:54.

#23 goolsby7

goolsby7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 01:32

Rise of the Wraiths, Pinata Frenzy are the two global events where the rewards are Frag chests instead of potion chests.

Super Elite - These are maybe the hardest to get I currently have 10,282 which is more than enough for what I make -- the easiest way to get them I think is inventing deathspinner items or buying frag stashes dropped from chests. 

You can cut the frag cost + gold cost a lot by altering the potion to 30 minutes rather than 90 and using brewing master + pride to make the potion last longer -- don't see why you would need a levelling potion to last such a long time, unless you have a lot of stamina, in which case you shouldn't have any problems getting enough frags.

I can see why you suggested the idea because I know a lot of people who are low on the 3 frags you mentioned but I don't see the need for a new global specifically for these frags when there are already in game methods to acquire them.

Honestly i forgot about wraiths and pinatas, but i think that the idea to have the reward to be a specific fragment type rather then a spread would be nice.

on SE frags, the deathspinner is much more viable then chest drops XD purchased or not. 

as far as time, i don't think that's a big factor currently since that was simply just an example potion :o

Gold / Kill peaks at about Level 310 or so - and then drops again twice - once at 1601 (from average 300g / kill with no doubler/mer/th to 250g / kill) and then again at at 1626 (down another 50g / kill to an average of 200g / kill)

#24 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 August 2018 - 10:42

Honestly i forgot about wraiths and pinatas, but i think that the idea to have the reward to be a specific fragment type rather then a spread would be nice.

on SE frags, the deathspinner is much more viable then chest drops XD purchased or not. 

as far as time, i don't think that's a big factor currently since that was simply just an example potion :o

Tripling the time will triple the gold cost and the frags cost, so it makes a big difference.

#25 goolsby7

goolsby7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 20:25

Tripling the time will triple the gold cost and the frags cost, so it makes a big difference.

That i did not think about. The majority of.. well, all of my pots XD are made super cheep since im just leveling it in my spare time as cheep as i can lol

But even so, sometimes a potion with longer duration can always be useful for a variety of reasons. Sure you can use brew/pride, but sometimes the extra time comes in handy, 'specially if you have over 25kstam and end up having to step away for any reason

#26 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 August 2018 - 20:40

But even so, sometimes a potion with longer duration can always be useful for a variety of reasons. Sure you can use brew/pride, but sometimes the extra time comes in handy, 'specially if you have over 25kstam and end up having to step away for any reason

For sure, the point I was making is if you have a large amount of stam and use longer duration potions then you shouldn't have any problems getting the frags to sustain that usage. After all that is what composing was for - giving worth to stuff you usually would have binned, if it just becomes really easy to get frags with little to no effort then it defeats the purpose.

As of now, there are 3 LE creatures always available so LE frags can be farmed/bought easily.

SE frags are available through deathspinner items.

Only crystals you have to wait for either a chomper event or a global mob which drops  stash containing them - which happens pretty frequently.

It comes down to whether you want to spend a lot of stamina farming items or just do 5k-9k kills and get a chest full of them, imo better for the game if farming was more attractive than being handed everything for little effort.

#27 goolsby7

goolsby7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 15:06

It comes down to whether you want to spend a lot of stamina farming items or just do 5k-9k kills and get a chest full of them, imo better for the game if farming was more attractive than being handed everything for little effort.

i can agree with this :o

And as for the other items and stuff, it would potentially be good if the rewards for breaking down forged gear was made to be very enticing, would help incentivise more gears removal lol.

All that aside, we do still need an event with rewards that aren't just godly potions (as much as i love them lol)

#28 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 00:45

As BG said the composing formula is set up in a way where you don't need many of the higher frags.

Common/Rare/Unique can be easily farmed in game or killing global mobs for frag stashes.

Legendary/Crystalline - some global mobs drop frag stashes containing small amounts of these, alternatively there are LE events throughout the year + crystalline chomper events where LE/crystal frags can be topped up easily.

While yes there are the two other globals, they dont focus on the 3 mentioned frags. Do the frag stashes or reward chest need to give alot of frags? not really, when i was making this i just went with the presented numbers to create the visual. It is a lot easy to dissect something concrete. This would probably work better if we kept the current rewards from those two globals and just had the creature(s) from this said global drop those 3 frags in a small stash at a lower drop rate.

The example for the composing pot was just random and showing how the frags and cost could be, not everyone would use a composing pot duration the same way because of stamaina, time, internet connections, devices, etc..  :)

Another thing aside from this frag global is the fact that this can be added to the mix and hopefully that can help our LE and Crystalline events to become more random or few and far in between along side everything else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: