#21 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 02 January 2019 - 17:35

Seems a long time ago when AM didn't work on LEs - they spawned a certain number every 10mins I think it was and you had lots of people in a realm killing the LEs on the spot and racing against others to find any remaining then waiting till they respawned again - was a lot more fun back then - I think it should have stayed like this, really felt like a Legendary event when lots of people are online and waiting for them to spawn - waves of LEs appear every 10mins - a natural way to reduce supply, right not AM500 + lots of stam means supply is almost unlimited.

Agreed, it was MUCH more fun back then ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#22 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:01

sink gears by turning them into components to create higher tier gears(upgraded) or somewhat useful potions. E.g., to create level 9999 Epic Craft Items Required: Potion bottle and Beetle Juice potion solution. Components Required: Deathbloom Flower and components from Barbnisis set. 

Same can be done with epics such as Skaldirs Frostbitten Steps to create a greater Epic Craft potion.

Well that's my idea feel free to add into it.

Also add ">" to Break Down just like you see on "Send to Folder". You will see 2 options, to either break down to fragments or random components.

Attached Thumbnails

• potions idea.jpg

sigma_468x60.jpg

#23 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 03 January 2019 - 05:58

Seems a long time ago when AM didn't work on LEs - they spawned a certain number every 10mins I think it was and you had lots of people in a realm killing the LEs on the spot and racing against others to find any remaining then waiting till they respawned again - was a lot more fun back then - I think it should have stayed like this

hell yes it was crazy back then ,were people and stuff flying in all directions

5aZzW0p.png,

#24 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 03 January 2019 - 11:15

the drop rates were lowered a long time ago 1.5% for legendaries before FI.

Seems a long time ago when AM didn't work on LEs - they spawned a certain number every 10mins I think it was and you had lots of people in a realm killing the LEs on the spot and racing against others to find any remaining then waiting till they respawned again - was a lot more fun back then - I think it should have stayed like this, really felt like a Legendary event when lots of people are online and waiting for them to spawn - waves of LEs appear every 10mins - a natural way to reduce supply, right not AM500 + lots of stam means supply is almost unlimited.

Now it is just too easy to whack open FI1840 + AM500 + Conserve500+ and just sit in one spot and farm - probably auto refreshing as well so little to no effort to collect hundreds of drops - takes minutes like you said to kill hundreds of them and have perfect sets, very little stam used as well with a good conserve.

It all reminds of the long thread about the overpowered pots in PvP

LE events were as rare as a 2x XP event back then as well, we didn't have global events, we didn't have any type of OP pots (I think we had specials and some invented pots) FSP sold for 100k tops on the market (there was a cap, remember?)  and EoC was <1k.  The game has changed a lot since then, and in some ways the evolution has been good, in other ways bad.  You have to remember also that the average game population (not total, mind you) at any given time was >1k then, and more during any kind of event.  Now it's a third of that.  These factors alone can cause a glut in gear, skewing the overall economy.  I don't believe that guild tagging alone is responsible for this problem.  

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#25 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 15:10

LE events were as rare as a 2x XP event back then as well, we didn't have global events, we didn't have any type of OP pots (I think we had specials and some invented pots) FSP sold for 100k tops on the market (there was a cap, remember?) and EoC was <1k. The game has changed a lot since then, and in some ways the evolution has been good, in other ways bad. You have to remember also that the average game population (not total, mind you) at any given time was >1k then, and more during any kind of event. Now it's a third of that. These factors alone can cause a glut in gear, skewing the overall economy. I don't believe that guild tagging alone is responsible for this problem.

Nothing is ever solely responsible generally when it comes to an MMO. I will be happy to settle with reverting back to how LE were previously treated in the game. Yes there is more LE so we get more events but if am didnt work they spawned in 10-15 minutes bursts only a few at a time it would help. Would certainly increase the fun factor too.

Edited by EpicPiety, 03 January 2019 - 15:11.

#26 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 21:10

Nothing is ever solely responsible generally when it comes to an MMO. I will be happy to settle with reverting back to how LE were previously treated in the game. Yes there is more LE so we get more events but if am didnt work they spawned in 10-15 minutes bursts only a few at a time it would help. Would certainly increase the fun factor too.

I couldn't have said it better.  And if you ask me, the drop rates need to be adjusted as well. Even SE items have little value except for a select few..... I have several drops from various SE's that I can't even give away, and I can't bring myself to frag them BECAUSE they are SE drops.

In addition, we need more buffs that DON'T depend on set items, so that common and unique items are useful for more than just composing. There are countless ideas for buffs and pots in the official thread for such suggestions that would be nice to have implemented.   I've noticed that a lot of new players especially get disillusioned quickly because there's no market value for the stuff they get.   Since most of those items are commons, with a few rare, and all quest rewards are unique and stand alone, it only makes sense for them to have a use again.  I used to use a conglomeration of such items just for PvP/GvG usage, now they aren't as effective because of the coordinated buffs....  

I'm not sure what all should be done to make FS as alive and vibrant as it was when we were "young" in the game, but I know I sure do miss those days and wish our new players could experience that, too.  The economy of FS isn't the only factor that needs a shot in the arm.  

Edited by BadPenny, 03 January 2019 - 21:10.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#27 Melons

Melons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 03:52

I agree that reverting how LE spawns could help with the supply issue. In my opinion, it would be less controversial then changing guild tagging. 

you had lots of people in a realm killing the LEs on the spot and racing against others

I do apologize for going off topic here a bit, but I've been always disappointed with the lack of competition today versus back then. In the old days, there was competition in pretty much every aspect of the game, titan hunting, GvG, PvP, you name it. There was a challenge in whatever you were doing, which I enjoyed a lot. Today, if you want an easy secure, just pop a tele 200+ pot, and you can get a guaranteed secure. If you want to win in PvP/GvG, just chug a Dispel Curse 500 pot and some composed pots, then you are pretty much untouchable.

Slowly start bringing in competition to the game, starting with this, and you might even see more active players again. Right now, just feels like everything has a win button. 

Edited by Melons, 04 January 2019 - 04:13.

#28 gapukas

gapukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 January 2019 - 05:02

Maybe some kind of durability, that every time you equip it its durability lowers and when its 0 its breaks.

Edited by gapukas, 04 January 2019 - 05:04.

#29 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 11:01

Maybe some kind of durability, that every time you equip it its durability lowers and when its 0 its breaks.

So every time you equip a piece to try a different setup, even if you don't actually use it for anything, it loses durability? I'm sure the arena players would be thrilled at that. No, that is worse than making gear crystalline.

Screenshot everything!

#30 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 05 January 2019 - 04:27

what if there was a limit on the times it can be worn ,ie after 1000 it needs replacing,im sure the arena folk could afford to get a new item after 1000 wears,would also increase activity in ah as stuff wears out ,they will need new ones ,different levels of wear for different types maybe ??

5aZzW0p.png,

#31 gapukas

gapukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 January 2019 - 08:01

So every time you equip a piece to try a different setup, even if you don't actually use it for anything, it loses durability? I'm sure the arena players would be thrilled at that. No, that is worse than making gear crystalline.

Would make people think more what to wear, also theres a set site for fs to see stats on combined sets.

#32 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 13:20

Would make people think more what to wear, also theres a set site for fs to see stats on combined sets.

I'm sorry, I agree with Yote on this.  For example, hunting sets are designed to be used for several hundred levels.  The items I use that are guild tagged are extremely rare because they are STF drops, and the only ones I ever found in the AH were more than I'll ever be able to afford. And yes, I used the set calculator site to find it, and it happens to be the same setup Windy designed for this range.  This set is designed to be used well into the 1600's, and it's the only set SA has.  With your idea, I would be unable to hunt after a few hunts, and the next person in line to need the same set would be stuck out completely.  NO, any kind of item decay would be impractical on the best day.  

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#33 fmedic

fmedic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 01:20

Wow I can't believe we're even entertaining the idea of something this ludicrous. Hell no!

#34 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 03:07

Wow I can't believe we're even entertaining the idea of something this ludicrous. Hell no!

To what are you talking about. There is like 5 different things being discussed.

#35 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 03:39

To what are you talking about. There is like 5 different things being discussed.

I think he means either scrapping guild tagging or item decay of any kind.... hopefully

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#36 Drake2010

Drake2010

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 12:21

I don't know if this would solve the problem but here is an idea.

Put a contribution point system in Guilds so when players take an item they will need to save contribution points first.
How does a player earn CP(contribution points)?
*Hunting exp. contribution
*Guild donation
*GvG participation and other guild group things like titan hunting etc.

Also guild items cannot be sent to other players directly, they can only be stored and get in the guild store to prevent hording items (though this would mean expansion of GS space).
Also when a new player join a guild he is given free CP's se he can start with a little ease.
Also the guild loyalty level can increase the CP you earn.
I think this will address the issue of hopping guilds.

What do you think guys?

#37 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 13:21

I think this whole discussion is a solution looking for a problem. The existing system has worked all these years and it's not broken now so why are we trying to fix it? Gear is accessible to everyone, not just the rich. I fail to see how this is a bad thing.

Screenshot everything!

#38 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 18:46

I think this whole discussion is a solution looking for a problem. The existing system has worked all these years and it's not broken now so why are we trying to fix it? Gear is accessible to everyone, not just the rich. I fail to see how this is a bad thing.

Can I hear an AMEN?

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#39 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 07 January 2019 - 16:11

HELL YES AND AMEN

5aZzW0p.png,

#40 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 16:37

The problem is the game has 10000000 supply of every item imaginable except for very very few and about 100 demand. Maybe the decay isnt the best idea I will admit that. But I do believe like previously stated the old way LE were treated would be a fix and be super fun.

If you think everything is working fine as it is now your grossly wrong. The speed at which auctions move is a prime example of why it's not working. Players dont wanna play a game in which they can only profit through their wallet. As it is now due to the market players cant grow from playing the game alone.

Something you can surely point out is player population sure... But even if we had 5x the players it wouldn't make all that much of a difference. Items come into the game too quickly. Like I've stated multiple times if a new LE comes out I can supply every player in the game plus their kids and kids kids and kids kids kids.

Find item needs to be discontinued at such a high level as does high level lady luck. Spawns need to be turned down and changed to how they used to be. Inventor 2 pots need to be entirely removed from the game and discontinued as does inventor over level 250.

Edited by EpicPiety, 07 January 2019 - 16:51.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: