Photo

Problem With Warriors in PvP

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
186 replies to this topic

#61 slipknot84

slipknot84

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 00:54

ibnUG6zabAsGRN.gif  most of the time i may aswell just do the cowboy dance in pvp... every class has virtually the same health, dps, defences, skillset...the big differences..range dont need to use 4 skills just to get anywhere close to being able to attack..can kite pretty much all the time...oh and shoot through walls.

tumblr_nahbpgs7Pm1rpnbr6o1_500.gif

#62 Doja

Doja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 04:29

ibnUG6zabAsGRN.gif  most of the time i may aswell just do the cowboy dance in pvp... every class has virtually the same health, dps, defences, skillset...the big differences..range dont need to use 4 skills just to get anywhere close to being able to attack..can kite pretty much all the time...oh and shoot through walls.

This is a fairly accurate representation of your current vanity selection.  :D

Doja - Level 47

Spellthor - Level 47

Deadeye - Level 36

Deputy_Junior - Level 26

Mike_Rotch - Level 24

#63 Majjer

Majjer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:03

We need an official Melee Revamp thread, to discuss new talent trees and skills for melee to balance them with other classes.

I think adding Riftwalker-esque abilities to such classes would solve many problems: http://forums2.battl....asp?m=21432457

Basically, these techniques can attack mana/energy, halve enemy's damage, attack multiple enemies in their vitals by skirting through them, combo auto-attack and increase base dps per hit (in succession through the combo), etc.

Add some kind of Disabler skill to it where you can majorly decrease an enemy's accuracy by 75% and lock their skills for a time, and the ability to summon shadow clones and you have a fixed melee class.

Oh! And increasing the area of effect for slash techniques would also help, in addition to adding skill-cancel and deflect as a chance-to-activate passive. :/

mana drain spell/skill/talent/gems ... that's what we really need against mages, me likes :)

there is an idea in sin talent tree called "chemistry". in actual setup it is worthless (10% acc decrease for 5sec? hahaha), but shows the way how new things could be implemented.

style5,Majjer.png

#64 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 November 2014 - 10:21

there are alot of useless things in the sin tree... lol

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#65 slipknot84

slipknot84

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:00

can you please like spend half a day discussing why melee have a vast disadvantage in pvp sometime this week and figure out the simple things...i understand you had to make them shoot %50 further..and completely screw over melee by doing so...and then add cc immune ..completely screwing them over again..just goddammit...some fricking balance.  you added skills to make people immortal...more skills to make range unable to be caught by melee..come on.  atm we have like 4 melee pvpers...compared to 56 range...get the hint.

#66 slipknot84

slipknot84

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:06

i blame l3fty..its allways l3fty.    giphy.gif

#67 PeasantJoe

PeasantJoe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 18:22

also 2h warrior skill for 1k gold Reap is crap with 90s cd and average dmg :D i want 1k gold back

#68 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 November 2014 - 18:39

also 2h warrior skill for 1k gold Reap is crap with 90s cd and average dmg :D i want 1k gold back

380% damage when they under 30% health is average damage?  :blink:

I have never used the skill though, so I can not really comment. :P

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#69 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 November 2014 - 18:51

Used skill, with upgrade's =30% even so still underpowered

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#70 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 November 2014 - 19:07

I guess its underpowered comparing it to Ignite that has 300% and only 15s cooldown

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#71 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 19:17

Another weird thing is when you click the auto attack skill you walk towards them if they move out of their current location after you pressed the auto attack button, your character would just sit there, doing nothing and cancel the auto attack processes.Because of this if you are silenced you do literally no damage to people who are fast and can kite you.What I had to do with my sin was literally walk inside the person then use a skill for it can land,if they are faster then me i can't land a single shot.Not only that what is with DoTs procing the snare enchant?If I rupture,lacerate,sear,concoction i have a really high chance of getting snared if someone has it.Even after I die and they are suffering from my DoT's I still can get snared if I revive.Posted this in the Bug section on the forums , didn't get fixed.

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Best Tv Shows-Gotham,Flash,Arrow,TheBlackList,TheLastShip. :D

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#72 Doja

Doja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 21:47

Another weird thing is when you click the auto attack skill you walk towards them if they move out of their current location after you pressed the auto attack button, your character would just sit there, doing nothing and cancel the auto attack processes.Because of this if you are silenced you do literally no damage to people who are fast and can kite you.What I had to do with my sin was literally walk inside the person then use a skill for it can land,if they are faster then me i can't land a single shot.

I posted specifically about there here: https://forums.hunte...locked-targets/

Doja - Level 47

Spellthor - Level 47

Deadeye - Level 36

Deputy_Junior - Level 26

Mike_Rotch - Level 24

#73 Doja

Doja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 22:02

I'm all about open discussion.  I strive for understanding and balance, not merely pushing a personal agenda.  So in all fairness I must post the following:

mfX0IRb.png

But lets not get carried away thinking Warriors dominate.  That a Warrior can finish off kills is nothing new.  The results can be better explained by the fact that Flash (aka Mango) is extremely dominant in PvP, that Saxon is a tank, and that Chopan was able to partially offset Lahara's amazing heals by healing as well (notice his 0 kills - and the zero deaths by Flash and myself are as much a credit to him).

The match directly prior to this the high levels were: (1) Flash, Hunt, and Chopan on one team; (2) Myself, Ultra, and Frog on the other.  My team got utterly destroyed.  I would get hit with a stun and their focus fire would kill me before the stun wore off.  So while I had a good game in the above game not much can be put in this.  When I fight Flash one vs. one, not only do I typically get horribly kited but on the occasion when I do catch him my chain of attacks does not kill him before he gets away (hint: he uses a shield).  And he uses a rare bow!  I have a fabled set and it makes no difference.  Guthix killed me the other day with his alt, Optic, using a level 10 bow, so idk what to think about that.

Edited by Doja, 23 November 2014 - 22:05.

Doja - Level 47

Spellthor - Level 47

Deadeye - Level 36

Deputy_Junior - Level 26

Mike_Rotch - Level 24

#74 slipknot84

slipknot84

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 22:06

fun isnt it.

tumblr_inline_ndibxtKbFQ1t023it.gif

Edited by slipknot84, 23 November 2014 - 22:09.

#75 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 November 2014 - 22:51

Guthix killed me the other day with his alt, Optic, using a level 10 bow, so idk what to think about that.

haha thats funny :D

Also shows how unbalanced it is!

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#76 slipknot84

slipknot84

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 23:30

mikasa_vs_colossal_titan-151632.gif

#77 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:26

well...tbh..you wont like a balance if and when it does come..because in order to make up in something you must forfeit another,if you will be able to keep up and consistently hit ranged classes,you wont be allowed to have such high dmg...i think we have all seen what the war class and sin class does in 3 hits..its a bit more then mage and range classes :D about 25-30% more..(except sin class which can kill you in that even if a tank)

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#78 slipknot84

slipknot84

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:29

whatchu mean high dmg...we get pummeled by mages and rangers in 4-5 moves

#79 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:33

compare the wars and sins dps possibilities...with your high amount of moves with higher % of dps base....that's what i mean..rangers have lower dmg,faster hits, mages have semi high hits with high cooldowns except ignite which..if you are still alive you can use again ;) Lets see.....warsin has what? 6 moves my bad 7 moves that can hit 5k+ in pvp...mages have 1...rangers have none :D warsins dont need to hit high..they have infinite bleeds that you cant possibly get rid of em all.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#80 slipknot84

slipknot84

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:38

having it is one thing...being able to use it is another. mage with proph talents...infinite soothsaying.

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: