• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 iceman66

iceman66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:09

01:45 21/Jun/2013 Your bank deposits have now been reset and you have gained 5 Allegiance Tokens!

What about we tweak the values of how many are gained?  I think we should base it off how long people have been playing this game for.  At the above rate, it would take 100 days to buy an Unbreakable 200 potion with your allegiance tokens assuming you don't buy FSP.  I think 5 per day is a good number for people who have just started this game.  What I propose is that we double it for people who have been playing 2 years, triple is for people playing for 3 years and quadruple it for people who have been playing for 4 years etc etc.

For example: Instead of getting 5 I would get 25 because I have my ruby loyalty medal (5 years).  Now, these values are just an idea and can change of course.  I just want to see what the community thinks :)  Thanks for taking the time to listen.

#2 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:12

im all for this because it would benefit me alot .... but im going to say no as much as i would like it. i just see it turning into something ugly but i get where your coming from maybe they should switch it to how many days we log on straight with a max #

#3 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:12

nice one Icey :D

I'm all for it! An ever increasing alegiance token strategy might keep players playing.

#4 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:14

im all for this because it would benefit me alot .... but im going to say no as much as i would like it. i just see it turning into something ugly but i get where your coming from maybe they should switch it to how many days we log on straight with a max #

Yeah, it could also be an increase in tokens for the longevity of activity, as opposed to how many years you've played.

nice one gilby ;)

#5 iceman66

iceman66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:15

nice one Icey :D

I'm all for it! An ever increasing alegiance token strategy might keep players playing.

Honestly, this is an incentive to keep people playing and to make those potions a little more attainable if you cannot afford FSP.  Then once people have a taste of the potions, they just might donate to get them quicker which is also their prerogative.

#6 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:17

yeah iceman but i think we should go with the days we logged on daily instead of years because seems unfair to me in so many ways even though it would benefit me... even though i was gone for like 3 years haha

#7 iceman66

iceman66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:18

Another option could be increase the cost of the loyalty potions if this change was made.

#8 iceman66

iceman66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:20

yeah iceman but i think we should go with the days we logged on daily instead of years because seems unfair to me in so many ways even though it would benefit me... even though i was gone for like 3 years haha

If it were based on days straight logged in, that could work as well.  Maybe for every 5 days straight, you get 5 tokens or something and that number doubles for every 10 after that.  I'm no good with formulas...but something like that.

#9 thisple

thisple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:23

I like the consecutive login idea.  Would encourage new players, and old alike, to come back every day :-)

#10 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:23

i like the 5 day ring to it ill increase by 5 and max at 20... in this case i would say unfair bcz i would get screwed here bcz of travelling due to being in season but would be a good idea i would really try to log on while im at a hotel or something

#11 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:48

I like the idea of tokens increasing by the number of years played.. a little iffy on the 5 day login thing with a max of 20, it just seems confusing to me is all. I think the yearly upgrade in tokens would be an easier tweak and have more of a positive outcome.

#12 iceman66

iceman66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:54

I like the idea of tokens increasing by the number of years played.. a little iffy on the 5 day login thing with a max of 20, it just seems confusing to me is all. I think the yearly upgrade in tokens would be an easier tweak and have more of a positive outcome.

For all the old players, it's a nice little bonus.  And for all the new players, it's something to work towards.

#13 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:56

the bad thing about the yearly tweak doesnt really encourage to log on as the logging on daily so u can keep your increase would in my point a view and noone can complain because its a fair system

#14 iceman66

iceman66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:01

the bad thing about the yearly tweak doesnt really encourage to log on as the logging on daily so u can keep your increase would in my point a view and noone can complain because its a fair system

It's only really works if you're active though.  Once you go inactive, you stop gaining them I believe.

#15 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:04

well how would we tell the difference from who went inactive example me i stop playing for 3 years

#16 iceman66

iceman66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:13

well how would we tell the difference from who went inactive example me i stop playing for 3 years

I think you literally stop gaining allegiance tokens when you go inactive.  For example: 7 days of doing nothing, and the tokens stop getting added to your account.  The fact that you came back after 3 years shows loyalty, lol

#17 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:19

I'm gonna call this as I see it ... GREED.

The cows don't have to give us ANY allegiance tokens on a daily basis. They were, after all, brought in to reward donations and allowed those who financially supported the game get a few potions that were slightly better than otherwise available. So, for non-donating players to get any at all is good, is it not ?

(for the record, I have my ruby loyalty and would benefit from this suggestion)

For too long, those that don't donate have wanted easy (easier) access to the potions (mainly LightFoot) that the donors have access to.

In my opinion, if they want them - either donate or wait until they've accrued enough tokens to "buy one". Without the donators, there is no game after all.

Hopefully this will get a resounding NO from the cows...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#18 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:23

hahahahaha ... ill still stand by my daily thing i just feel it promotes a higher incentive to log on daily and play if the idea goes thru but i agree with par greed  but im just suggesting my thoughts if it to get carried out i think this would be the most beneficial way for players and the game

#19 iceman66

iceman66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:04

I'm gonna call this as I see it ... GREED.

The cows don't have to give us ANY allegiance tokens on a daily basis. They were, after all, brought in to reward donations and allowed those who financially supported the game get a few potions that were slightly better than otherwise available. So, for non-donating players to get any at all is good, is it not ?

(for the record, I have my ruby loyalty and would benefit from this suggestion)

For too long, those that don't donate have wanted easy (easier) access to the potions (mainly LightFoot) that the donors have access to.

In my opinion, if they want them - either donate or wait until they've accrued enough tokens to "buy one". Without the donators, there is no game after all.

Hopefully this will get a resounding NO from the cows...

I don 't see how this is greedy at all.  It only give players the opportunity to improve their hunts on an individual level.  They can't sell the pots or give the pots to other people.  I am a donator and a veteran of this game, and I see myself looking for reasons to keep playing.  This would be an incentive for players to keep coming back which right now, FS needs more than ever.

Why should the newer players not have the option to look forward to something?  Basically level dictates everything you can do in this game.  And levels are trivial.  We need to make players want to keep playing and this is just a step in that direction.  How would it disadvantage anyone?  It's not like the Cows are giving away free potions.  This also makes that loyalty medal worth something.  By disagreeing with this post, you are basically saying that the new players should have it as hard as we used to and should have to donate which in my opinion is more "greedy" then this change.  Activity is what makes this game work.  I won't disagree that money helps, but the Cows have other forms of income.

#20 iceman66

iceman66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:10

The definition of Greed courtesy of Merriam-Webster: "A Selfish and excessive desire for more of something (as money) than is needed."  Fallen Sword NEEDS activity and incentive, so this is not greed by any means.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: