• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 RUSTEDCORE

RUSTEDCORE

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:31

I played this game years ago when the highest lv player was 600, I got to 400 and quit as it was too unfair being in a game with people who had a few years head start.

I would like to restart this game but to my shock/ amazement/ disappointment ...hunted cow is yet to add new servers or seperate lv 1900 players from lv 1 players.

This seems like the most obvious thing possible to me....yet hunted cow has not implemented it...at all.

Why not?

Will you?...and when?

If no ...I will never look at hunted cows games again and will find a different game by a different company ...but I would like to know so I can stop waiting for what I think Hunted cow should have been working on since day 1....honestly who wants to join a competitive time based game where the competition has years headstart.

Oh and eldevin is ...well....i will put it bluntly...crap....if i wanted to play a game like that I would have just played runescape.

#2 Removed4427

Removed4427

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:55

Could+anyone+slow+this+down+a+bit+_97de1

#3 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:50

Oh and eldevin is ...well....i will put it bluntly...crap....

Just because you don't like something doesn't make it crap :P

I played this game years ago when the highest lv player was 600, I got to 400 and quit as it was too unfair being in a game with people who had a few years head start.

I would like to restart this game but to my shock/ amazement/ disappointment ...hunted cow is yet to add new servers or seperate lv 1900 players from lv 1 players.

This seems like the most obvious thing possible to me....yet hunted cow has not implemented it...at all.

Why not?

Will you?...and when?

It's something we've looked at doing in the past and something we may still do in the future however at the moment we're focused on the Development Roadmap :)

#4 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 23:25

I dont think the idea as written is very good, I could write a book on this but the most glaring weakness in it is FS isnt a game where level matters like it does in other places. The creatures and leveling areas never change and therefore it doesnt matter when you started you get the same content as the guy who started 5 years ago (actually you get more and a easier path than the other guy did). Other aspects of the game such as tagging and buffs are made to allow older players to play with new ones just fine.

To me reading what the OP posted isnt about playing with high levs but reaching a point where they no longer want to work or donate for the things needed to keep going.

Another thing,,, have they just tossed out the multi rules?? I would hope something was talked about on message with this guy because as it reads a guy went to 400 and quit then made a multi account and a admin didnt even address it!

I would rather see a 2nd set of servers where everyone could enjoy a "mirror reality" of FS and start a 2nd character within rules in the other servers, splitting the game into halves, one for new players and one for old or even other server groups like a no pvp server isnt going to help the game, activity or economy at all.

Edited by watagashi, 02 February 2014 - 23:27.

#5 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:00

While everyone gets the same content, not everyone has the same opportunity.  I know that I will never achieve top 100, much less top player, and I joined a long time ago.  Players joining now have no chance for those either unless they want to drop some serious cash so I can definitely understand why they would feel like they will always be at the bottom, or at least never able to rise to the top.

Screenshot everything!

#6 RUSTEDCORE

RUSTEDCORE

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:15

It should take you a week to add a second server.... I honestly feel like you just dont care about fallensword.

Other games can add servers weekly....they make a ton of money off the same players every few servers and add new players who will actually start playing because they are not on the same server as someone 3 years + ahead of them (minimum for fallensword).

As for it not mattering....I dont know why or how you play but I only play games to be competitive and I wouldnt even start a server if there was a lv 100 on it... maybe 50...but 1900+ ...I feel the majority of serious MMO players would feel likewise which essentially makes fallensword a dead game only staying open as people have put money into their accounts so HC cant close it.

Oh and as for Eldevin being crap...of course thats just my opinion...I think runescape is crap ....betterthan Eldevin but still crap...I havnt played it but I probably think WOW is crap too...so Eldevin could be succesful... just in my opinion it is crap.

I personally dont like all this running around mini quest nonsense....give me 1 objective....to become stronger...I neither care about graphics nor a story I will skip as much of that as possible....I want competition and the opportunity to out think/strategize  the opponent.

#7 Uralus

Uralus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 13:16

Creating a new server is a two-edged sword. The existing server will certainly remain, but activity will certainly drop on it. It will become a dead server. As long as they don't feel the gain will outweigh the loss, a new server will not happen. Someday it could change. The day that profits are getting too low on this server.

#8 Removed4427

Removed4427

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 14:40

3772501+_315b27cb2325d5c20715fd9bc3e584d

#9 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 15:36

It should take you a week to add a second server.... I honestly feel like you just dont care about fallensword.
Other games can add servers weekly....they make a ton of money off the same players every few servers and add new players who will actually start playing because they are not on the same server as someone 3 years + ahead of them (minimum for fallensword).

As for it not mattering....I dont know why or how you play but I only play games to be competitive and I wouldnt even start a server if there was a lv 100 on it... maybe 50...but 1900+ ...I feel the majority of serious MMO players would feel likewise which essentially makes fallensword a dead game only staying open as people have put money into their accounts so HC cant close it.

Oh and as for Eldevin being crap...of course thats just my opinion...I think runescape is crap ....betterthan Eldevin but still crap...I havnt played it but I probably think WOW is crap too...so Eldevin could be succesful... just in my opinion it is crap.
I personally dont like all this running around mini quest nonsense....give me 1 objective....to become stronger...I neither care about graphics nor a story I will skip as much of that as possible....I want competition and the opportunity to out think/strategize the opponent.

Based on what you say, sounds like you won't stick around even if HCS builds a new server. Personally, I don't see the point. I get a lot of help and guidance from the high levels or experienced players. Sure, some are crotchety grouches, some won't share any info, but there are far many more that will. I would like to see more consistent performance of what we have and the mentorship program spruced up. I just don't see how a new server that splits the gaming population helps at all.

#10 Removed4427

Removed4427

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 18:33

qU2k1y1391452293_zpscc66ef20.jpg

#11 WWWolf

WWWolf
  • United States of America

Posted 04 February 2014 - 20:30

I personally dont like all this running around mini quest nonsense....give me 1 objective....to become stronger...I neither care about graphics nor a story I will skip as much of that as possible....I want competition and the opportunity to out think/strategize  the opponent.

I really don't see any need to add more servers just so you can be at the top level for that server.  The list that shows the top 100 players who joined the same month as you did is more than sufficient for this and like Yotwehc said, it is more to your benefit to have the higher level players there to give you a boost.

Besides that, where would it end? If you add another server now, you will eventually need to add another and then another, and so on until you have 100 servers with few if any remaining players on them just sitting there wasting space instead of how the game is now with multiple servers working together to spread the load of the one unifying core. (If you notice, the IP address you see listed changes from time to time when you log in.  Each server has it's own IP and they all work together to balance the load and keep the game as stable as possible.)

#12 handitover

handitover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 21:03

Don.t think there should be another server just because some don.t want to do the work like ever one else and earn their place.Just because someone is lvl 1900  why would that have a effect on a lvl 1 or 100 player.We all started at the same lvl and worked are way up to where we are now.I think it looks like you are looking for a easy way.Just my 2 cents.The game is still even for everyone we can all donate to make our player better.

#13 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:01

Relax.  It's a game.  If you looked around you would see there are many players who are active, have played a long time and they're low levels - because levels do not equate to enjoying the game.   If you're a PvP'er and a good one, you can beat players many levels above you.  There are many PvP'ers better than me and I've beaten a buffed, geared-up PvP player 600 levels above me, who at that time was 2 times my level, and as I say that's just me and I'm not one of the best.  A Level 300 and Level 1900 can square up over a Level 100 titan and the L300 can win.  Arena allows various experience and levels to match up and the low level again has just as much chance of winning as the high level.

I like us all being on one server - it's a community.  We, regardless of level, learn from each other and help each other.

I've dabbled in various games and when I do, I don't seek to change it all to accommodate me - I see if it fits me and if it doesn't, *shrug* it doesn't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: