15 replies to this topic

#1 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 November 2013 - 14:45

Nidaros Fair Quest - Please add option for archer for "Show of Strength" at the Nidaros Arena.  There is no option for it, only mages and melee.  With all points in ranger I can't complete.

Gathering:   Crystal Cutting 44 - Farming 32 - Fishing 49 - Foraging 49 - Forestry 49 - Prospecting 49 - Skinning 49

Crafting:   Alchemy 49 - Armorsmithing 1 - Cooking 49 - Jewelry 1 - Leatherworking 12 - Tailoring 1 - Weaponsmithing 1

#2 Visual Kei

Visual Kei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 20 November 2013 - 15:22

totally agree with this post, I've been wondering about that for quite some time as well.. there should be a bow in there for rangers :)

drocell_visual_kei___signature_by_ryuuki

IGN: Infinity

Class: Prophet

Server: Oceanic

Guild: Log Horizon

#3 GiovannaTeles

GiovannaTeles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 November 2013 - 15:28

I have the same problem as sage, we can't use our bows in it so we take time to complete that quest. Before the reser I only completed it 10 levels later, when I was level 28.  :)

Edit: I forgot to mention, but there is an staff and a sword in the plagued quests that have bonus damage againist the plagued, but there is no bow, so again the rangers are in disadvantage. 

Edited by GiovannaTeles, 20 November 2013 - 15:50.

eov6.jpg

Giovanna_Teles - Level 6 - Ranger

#4 Alpion

Alpion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 November 2013 - 15:57

You can still use your damage over time skills without it disqualifying you.  I found those did more than enough damage for me to finish around the level.

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

#5 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 November 2013 - 16:11

I'd like to have a bow option rather than spend all that time and wreck my armor.  It now costs over 2 gold to repair and replacing the gold is not that easy.

Gathering:   Crystal Cutting 44 - Farming 32 - Fishing 49 - Foraging 49 - Forestry 49 - Prospecting 49 - Skinning 49

Crafting:   Alchemy 49 - Armorsmithing 1 - Cooking 49 - Jewelry 1 - Leatherworking 12 - Tailoring 1 - Weaponsmithing 1

#6 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 20 November 2013 - 17:57

No bow is hard, But possible matter get full buff's before heading in, Mage,Prof,WAr,Sin,  Over all All those buff shoudl get you thought alone with food, Potion Buff's , Make sure get food! Bow in it self would save some time but still possible to do when have better gear, And potion's, Before Solo After had lvl 24 Potion's Crafted, Working Show Str now As Archer lvl 18.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#7 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 November 2013 - 18:25

You're over-complicating this, red.  As Alpion said, just use envenom while running in a circle.  With the fleetfoot buff, that's all you need do.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#8 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 November 2013 - 18:49

You cannot use any bow equipment while in the Nidaros Arena, you're only allowed the sword or staff.  Envenom will not work there.  We need option for Rangers.  Rangers are omitted from exceptional weapons in a lot of the quests including fighting the plagued.  Pretty simple request in my opinion.  I would like to have my odds of completing evened up with those who are melee and mage based characters.

Edited by Sage, 20 November 2013 - 18:51.

#9 Alpion

Alpion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 November 2013 - 20:40

No, you can equip the sword, and still have your bow equipped.  Don't use your bow or skills, just your envenom and even hemorrhage I believe both work (you'll have to test that as I don't remember).

I mean I understand it would be nice to have a bow weapon option, but without one, just use these skills that don't disqualify you.

--EDIT--

I will apologize if my advice is based on the previous build of the game.  I will admit I have not done it since the latest update, so my information may now be incorrect.  I will just say to go ahead and "try" to use the 2 dots and see if they work.  If not then you'll have to choose another tactic.

Edited by Alpion, 20 November 2013 - 21:05.

#10 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 November 2013 - 21:39

in show of strength i didnt get a bow or staff option it forces me to use a sword. so maybe it needs a update for mages and rangers.

even when i destroy the sword and go for replacement it doesnt give me the option,it did before this update for me the past 3 characters i did.

Edited by HuMoR, 20 November 2013 - 21:41.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#11 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 November 2013 - 21:54

There was never a bow option for this quest.  Unless you're saying it didn't give you any replacement options, in which case post as a bug.  If you destroy the sword, it should give you another.  But still no bow.

But I don't consider the lack of bow an issue, unless and until someone posts that they actually tried envenom and it failed.  Just because they give you a sword and require you to equip it doesn't mean much, as you still have your bow equipped to try envenom.

Yes, this quest is tougher for rangers then for melee classes.  And a bow option would be wonderful.  But there are plenty of quests where ranged has the advantage, so I guess it all evens out.  (If envenom still works.)

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#12 Oops

Oops

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 November 2013 - 22:29

I am a healer and it gave me a staff to do it with had no problems but like sage said there is no option for ranger

#13 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:00

Lvl 19 Unable comeplete Quest!

Update use tactic of runing aroudn envoum worked nicely!

Edited by redsmokeboy, 21 November 2013 - 02:15.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#14 Alpion

Alpion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:37

Lvl 19 Unable comeplete Quest!

Update use tactic of runing aroudn envoum worked nicely!

Thank you, red.

#15 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:50

Hey guys,

I just wanted to let you know that in the next update this quest will have the option of a bow for the rangers. :)

#16 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2013 - 14:14

Anikiro thank you so much!  Yeahhhh!!!   You rock!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: