Booshy's Content

There have been 15 items by Booshy (Search limited from 14-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#830235 Dungeon loot bug after death

Posted by Booshy on 13 December 2013 - 17:24 in Archived Bug Reports

Ran the Vault today and on the final boss 3 of us died, myself included, but the other 2 beat the boss.  After the boss was dead someone looted the chest and the equipment came onto my screen to roll need/greed (while I was still dead and had the option to resurrect).  I chose to resurrect (since res also seems to be bugged) and I respawned in the sewer area.  I could then roll on the drops.  I actually won the gloves for my set, but they did not go into my inventory.  The chest is also still sitting in the dungeon and no one can loot it anymore.  So the gloves seem to have vanished.

#830196 Achievement point rewards need optimizing

Posted by Booshy on 13 December 2013 - 13:36 in Suggestions

So this clearly isn't a big deal, but something to look at.  Too many achievements that are insanely hard to do (get 7 professions to level 50 for example) have the same point reward as a ton of easy ones.  Take a look at a couple examples:

Get 1 profession to level 50 - 10 points

Get 7 professions to level 50 - 10 points

Individual resurrection achievements - 10 points

Resurrection meta achievement - 10 points

Now some of the other ones are done more appropriately:

Weapons proficiency - 5 points

Weapons proficiency meta achievement - 25 points

So I think some of them are good but some need tweaking - and as I posted in another thread more awards would be good as well.

#829115 Your 5 most wanted things to add to Eldevin

Posted by Booshy on 11 December 2013 - 03:50 in Suggestions

1.  Better achievement awards.

2.  Rare mobs and achievements for those.

3.  Able to move camera how you would like.

4.  WASD movement.

5.  Less crafting grind (increase xp or decrease xp requirements)

#828656 Achievement - Isle of Nasaroth Resurrection points bugged

Posted by Booshy on 10 December 2013 - 09:52 in Archived Bug Reports

Resurrecting at Roshaven is not giving credit towards the achievement.  Only Nasaroth Forest res is.

#827558 Crafted weapon vendoring price revised

Posted by Booshy on 09 December 2013 - 15:38 in Suggestions

I agree this is a fun little game but it took me 2 days to realize and decide this crafting system is not for me - definitely one of the biggest time and money sink grindy crafting systems I've seen and I've played a lot of mmo's.  So I'll just enjoy the other stuff and leave crafting alone here.

#827552 Kaen's Free Trade System

Posted by Booshy on 09 December 2013 - 15:29 in Suggestions

This is a really REALLY good idea.

#827549 Boost Rested Exp Gain

Posted by Booshy on 09 December 2013 - 15:26 in Suggestions

I don't really care one way or another since I like slow leveling - but having said that I will say this is the slowest rested xp gain I've seen in an mmo.  Doesn't even seem worth going out of your way to get in a rested xp area.

#827464 Quest - Final Touches

Posted by Booshy on 09 December 2013 - 11:26 in Archived Bug Reports

This is a level 10 quest and stage 1 says "Speak with Tralek in Nidaros mines".  Now, the first issue is that in order to enter Nidaros mines you have to be level 36, it won't let you in I've tried.  The second interesting thing here is that the quest tracker doesn't even point to you going anywhere near Nidaros mines really, it puts a purple dot right on top of Adera Barrows North Entrance.  But this area is also inaccessible as you have to be level 28 to go in there.  So there seems to be no way to talk to this Tralek character to go forward in this quest.

#827087 Do NOT make the game easier.

Posted by Booshy on 08 December 2013 - 16:08 in Suggestions

Very well said. A game has to have mass appeal if it is to survive. I've watched many MMOs fall through because their target audience was too small. I enjoy the game the way it is, but every gamer has their own style. To each their own, as long as it keeps people playing and keeps the game alive.

I would argue that by trying to appeal to the masses and appease everyone you just become one of the hundreds of clones out there already with no lasting appeal. That's one of the huge problems with the genre - companies trying to bring as many people in as possible by doing a ton of different things in their games but none of them very well because the focus is all over the place.

You say you've seen games fail if they don't appeal to the masses and I say I've seen plenty fail because that's all they try to do. Thank god for kickstarter as it seems to be the only way companies are able to fund games that are not cookie cutter copies which is all investors seem to want and pretty much all we get anymore.

Someone posted on mmorpg.com about this game saying why play this when you could be playing something like RIFT. LOTRO, EQ2, whatever - all f2p mmos also. And that's the thing - they don't have the sense of exploration, adventure, accomplishment, and community this one does. But if this game decides to do what every other game does by dumbing it down to appeal to as many casuals as possible then it truly is just another clone and there is no reason to play it over those other games.

#826921 Do NOT make the game easier.

Posted by Booshy on 08 December 2013 - 06:13 in Suggestions

I see quite a few posts from people asking for things like auto route, quest finder, etc.  As it is there is a sense of exploration and wonder in the game, an old school feel that I was drawn to regardless of the old graphics and I know I'm not alone.  Add all those modern "features" and you will kill the thing about this game it really has going for it, that all the AAA mmo's released in the last 10 years (minus maybe Vanguard and a couple others) have lacked - gameplay that encourages exploration, using your brain, reading quest text, and interacting with a community of people to form exactly that - a community.

Less is more here.  Less hand holding and playing the game for you equals more sense of accomplishment, community and fun.  There are endless mmo's out there that cater to those that want to be catered to - let them go there and please don't change this game to accommodate that mentality here. 

#826916 OVER-PRICED STORAGE!

Posted by Booshy on 08 December 2013 - 06:04 in Suggestions

Please check the other comments. Also you can survive without any extra space, just buy sacks on the eldevin store or from other players, they can carry 10 stacks of any craft material. And they only cost 50 EP or 50 Us cents.

I did read the other comments before my reply and my opinion stands.  There is no excusing 10-15 dollars real money for a bag - and telling me I could "survive" without it or go through other means of circumventing the problem doesn't eliminate the problem:  it costs 10-15 dollars for a bag.   

#826910 wouldn't Auto Route be nice?

Posted by Booshy on 08 December 2013 - 06:01 in Suggestions

please god no auto route

#826909 URGENTLY NEEDED: Quest Finder

Posted by Booshy on 08 December 2013 - 06:00 in Suggestions

I agree with no thank you - the horrible trend of increasing handholding in mmo's over the last 10 years has been one of the worst things to happen to the genre in my opinion.  Try talking to people in chat if you have questions.

#826812 OVER-PRICED STORAGE!

Posted by Booshy on 07 December 2013 - 23:59 in Suggestions

Look I like the game a lot so far, but the OP is completely correct that storage space is way overpriced in this game.  And it doesn't help at all that a lot of items max stack is 10 - which is probably by design also to encourage storage space purchases.  And the idea that being a subscriber is your ticket to storage space is laughable - it would take months to save enough of the points you are given to purchase 1 bag.

#826518 More achievement rewards please

Posted by Booshy on 07 December 2013 - 05:16 in Suggestions

Was just browsing through the achievements and just would suggest adding a few more rewards.  There are a few but not that many from what I saw.  Adds a little motivation to complete some of them in my opinion and makes it more fun.  

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: