Photo

[Declined] How about a client for: ipad-plus-bluetooth-keyboard?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Petta

Petta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 15:27

I searched this forum for "iPad" and got no hits, which surprised me. Now that there is a client, how about adapting it for the iPad? I would be happy if a keyboard was still required, and that would simplify the effort of porting the game to IOS. I want to play Eldevin on my iPad, even if I have to use my bluetooth keyboard to do it.

I urge others, if you agree that ipad+keyboard would be a good way to play eleven, to add your comments.

WebRep

currentVote

noRating
noWeight

#2 Kijjum

Kijjum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 July 2014 - 15:37

Honestly.... I hope they don't

#3 Petta

Petta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 18:37

Gosh, I admit it: I know exactly what you mean.

#4 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 July 2014 - 22:09

Don't know how much work this would be, or how much business it would generate.  The two key questions.

That said, I won't object as long as they don't push key features back again.  Finish what's already promised before considering any other changes.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#5 Petta

Petta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 14:07

WebRep

currentVote

noRating
noWeight

I believe there is only one decent western-style mmorpg on the iPad: Order and Chaos. There's plenty of room for a good one like Eldevin. Order and Chaos features a lot of free exploring, an auction house, and fairly pitiful professions. Its map is not nearly as fascinating as Eldevin's, its quests are more narrowly specified, and there is less variation in its monsters.

I think Eldevin would succeed on the iPad. Even better, could you port it to both the iPad and android?

#6 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 14:13

If they turn it into an Ipad compatible game, all the design/character/GUI will have to turned into a cartoon style theme.

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#7 Sayleros

Sayleros

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 14:55

truth be told eldevin is designed for pc personally I think it should stay like that

:/

#8 cfurlin

cfurlin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 01 August 2014 - 13:07

If they turn it into an Ipad compatible game, all the design/character/GUI will have to turned into a cartoon style theme.

Because the Unreal and Unity engines only do cartoon graphics?  <_<

#9 BlackProto

BlackProto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 13:14

Could really do with his happening. My laptop somehow burst into flames last week... Weird. But now only got iPad and can't play eldevin ;(

#10 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:44

As others said, if it doesn't require too much work...

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

#11 Berlo

Berlo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:57

Eldevin is developed and compiled in Java, I doubt we will see Java implementation into iOS at any stage. Android platforms are plausible but highly unlikely. Especially with Android L just around the corner, they are moving away from Dalvik, it will be all Android runtime.

#12 cfurlin

cfurlin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 06 August 2014 - 13:24

Eldevin is developed and compiled in Java, I doubt we will see Java implementation into iOS at any stage. Android platforms are plausible but highly unlikely. Especially with Android L just around the corner, they are moving away from Dalvik, it will be all Android runtime.

As much as I would love a client for iOS, no Java on the platform please.

What is this? 2001? Java has been is steady decline since 2002 (http://www.tiobe.com...tpci/index.html).

Now when iOS 8 comes out, let's see what you can do with Swift and Metal.  :)

#13 Berlo

Berlo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 00:27

This is why a lot of developers opt for Unity engine these days, as it is quite vast in which devices it can be compiled for. I'm not quite sure what sort of plans Hunted Cow have for the hardware rendering for Eldevin, whether it be OpenGL/DirectX for Java, but I don't really see them moving to Unity in such a short space of time.

#14 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:15

I think I can safely say we're not looking to port to iOS in the foreseeable future. Of course anything's possible down the line, but it's not something I can see happening if only due to the extra workload for the systems guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: