#1 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 August 2014 - 13:13

ok,so here is what i have came to the conclusion of,this current forcefulness of TA is a very bad situation to throw your players into. You have made it so in order for time to be worth spending on skills that they have to go to Ta and possibly die in an area where they just have no need or desire to go to. I do not care about dying in TA im there every single day killing and skilling so could care less.

but seeing the bigger picture here is what would be a far better route.

Take all the TA resources and repsawn speeds and such and throw them into a new enclosed area
Make this area require lvl 32+ of every skill to access it or 32 of individual skills to access certain areas of it,make this place have all the same resources and respawn rates.and include all skills into the mix. why? because this will level out the economy and create equal worth between all skills.
(gatherers fortress)

and to TA
throw mobs on there..these mobs drop only smuggled items!!!
smuggled fusion powder,smuggled items and also!! a chance for every kill to drop valor bags! smuggled of course...also increase the drop rates of these slightly(basically a loot booster pot of increased chances)
Also give a extremely rare loot table to these mobs,where they can drop pvp based items with pvp based rolls for classes.
Example: 1h small axe lvl 45 scaled pvp 17 vit,34 melee,34 energy + in pvp this causes 15% more AOE dmg= increases lethal concoct and spires by 15% overall.
Example: 1h mage book lvl 45 scaled pvp 15 vit 29 sorc 29 energy + in PVP this book has a 30% chance to negate stun/snare/silence effects. 

just basic ideas for pvp based weapons that can create fun as well as a market. 

will add more later.

Edited by HuMoR, 06 August 2014 - 13:15.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#2 Skywaker

Skywaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 13:40

32+ seems a bit harsh on some skills. like fishing and foraging maybe 24 for those to and tbh you can only do 4 skills in TA. But i do understand your point :) 

Edited by Skywaker, 06 August 2014 - 13:41.

I love to help out people and if you need any raw mats just ask me or pm me in game US server mostly :)

#3 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 August 2014 - 13:50

32+ seems a bit harsh on some skills. like fishing and foraging maybe 24 for those to and tbh you can only do 4 skills in TA. But i do understand your point :)

that's the point...make it worth while and a longer goal to access a much better area. forestry,prospecting,crystal cutting,fishing,foraging are all able to be done from Ta and gives you the resources to do all those corresponding skills.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#4 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 13:53

TA is a bit .. umm not right in terms of a fair chance.

A player shouldnt be able to attack anyone who is 3 levels lower than him, so if they make a cap, where anyone can only attack a player who's in a range of 3 level + or - It would settle it i think. no?

About wepons, i'd like a pvp set purchasable and up gradable using valor. This set will have new pvp attributes that are worthless for pve.

For example toughness?.. uh resist or something.

Pvp sets worthless for pve.and pve sets worthless for pvp.

But that means new players wont have a standing chance? Add a system that automatically replaces any pve item to the basic pvp set items as long as the player has something equiped in that slot.... As long as he is in a pvp zone. like trappers or in arena.

Edited by xpwaste, 06 August 2014 - 13:57.

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#5 Skywaker

Skywaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 13:54

that's the point...make it worth while and a longer goal to access a much better area. forestry,prospecting,crystal cutting,fishing,foraging are all able to be done from Ta and gives you the resources to do all those corresponding skills.

but both fishing and foraging have no in game market as of right now,the only fish really bought for gold is the lvl 40 fish (idk how its spelled) and as for cc i really don't see people selling the stuff i have about 5.3k smuggled avent quartz with the powder sitting in my bank to be sold to someone but no one seems to what to buy it. The only real thing sold from TA is copper,coal,bronze and iron ore and i don't see the timber being sold much either i mean every now and then ya but its mostly the ores.

Edited by Skywaker, 06 August 2014 - 13:57.

I love to help out people and if you need any raw mats just ask me or pm me in game US server mostly :)

#6 Skywaker

Skywaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 13:55

TA is a bit .. umm not right in terms of a fair chance.

A player shouldnt be able to attack anyone who is 3 levels lower than him, so if they make a cap, where anyone can only attack a player who's in a range of 3 level + or - It would settle it i think. no?

that would also work to but then it wouldn't be a 'pvp' zone maybe only 3 levels during PL cause thats when pkers go and kill alot of low lvls trying to do the daily pl kills

#7 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 August 2014 - 13:57

but both fishing and foraging have no in game market as of right now,the only fish really bought for gold is the lvl 40 fish (idk how its spelled) and as for cc i really don't see people selling the stuff i have about 5.3k smuggled avent quartz with the powder sitting in my bank to be sold to someone but no one seems to what to buy it. The only real thing sold from TA is copper,coal,bronze and iron ore.

no one is buying because everyone can speed to it and access it themselves and ruins the market....where as if everyone had to put in more effort to reap more rewards from a lvl 32+ area less people will have stockpiled from TA and would be buying.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#8 Skywaker

Skywaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 13:59

no one is buying because everyone can speed to it and access it themselves and ruins the market....where as if everyone had to put in more effort to reap more rewards from a lvl 32+ area less people will have stockpiled from TA and would be buying.

true but how will this help when Steam comes out? will it have a positive or negative affect on the market?

#9 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 14:00

I remember someone posting it, to make TA split into zones level wise.

So 1-15, 15-35, 35-40,40-45.

you'll need to be that level to enter that particular zone regardless of you profession level. 

If they implement this with the level range or +-3.. just maybe something good will come out?

previously:

#10 Skywaker

Skywaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 14:03

you'll need to be that level to enter that particular zone regardless of you profession level. 

If they implement this with the level range or +-3.. just maybe something good will come out?

if you do it that way how are the lvls 15-35 going to be able to kill pl without lvl 45's help? cause ive seen how hard it is to kill it with two lvl 45's help. Plus you have to be lvl 15 to even enter TA

Edited by Skywaker, 06 August 2014 - 14:03.

#11 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 August 2014 - 14:05

true but how will this help when Steam comes out? will it have a positive or negative affect on the market?

positive as the farther you get the more beneficial it will be,the less people will have access to said area until they have worked to get there. so if you are at 32+ you will not only have got far you will benefit of a new said area by gaining more resources faster. mediocre supply a lot of demand increasing prices for the more rare items of the game= is needed.

no it just needs a change in general,its never good to force non pvpers who like skilling to fight a pvper to keep their hard work. this will kill aspects of the game when steam live happens.

pvp areas are focused on the aspects of fighting,so new mobs need to be introduced and the island expanded a bit with lvl tiered zones that have drop tables slightly increased. with all of what i said above included.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#12 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 14:06

if you do it that way how are the lvls 15-35 going to be able to kill pl without lvl 45's help? cause ive seen how hard it is to kill it with two lvl 45's help. Plus you have to be lvl 15 to even enter TA

Shift PL to one of the islands. that anyone can enter, but no resources on that island so no one can farm there. There is 1 island of no use in TA already.

That makes it accessible to all. Once you enter that area you are locked in it until you die or the PL is killed. Once the PL is killed there will be 2 boats that you can run out from on either sides of the island.

And yeah 15 is required i forgot about that, ignore the 1-15 zone then.

previously:

#13 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 14:08

positive as the farther you get the more beneficial it will be,the less people will have access to said area until they have worked to get there. so if you are at 32+ you will not only have got far you will benefit of a new said area by gaining more resources faster. mediocre supply a lot of demand increasing prices for the more rare items of the game= is needed.

no it just needs a change in general,its never good to force non pvpers who like skilling to fight a pvper to keep their hard work. this will kill aspects of the game when steam live happens.

pvp areas are focused on the aspects of fighting,so new mobs need to be introduced and the island expanded a bit with lvl tiered zones that have drop tables slightly increased. with all of what i said above included.

Disagree with the mobs idea, Mobs are environment , it's a pvp zone... you won't want to fight mobs there. or tab select them by mistake while in a fight with someone else. 

Disagree on it being forced. no one is forced to farm in TA. it;s a personal choice.

previously:

#14 Skywaker

Skywaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 14:10

True but your also going to have prices change alot once the lvl 50 content comes out and you have silver ore and silver bars. I do like this idea mostly cause cc,mining are both lvl 32+ and my forsty and foraging are within grasp to get to lvl 32 easily but i do also understand the 'hardwork will give you great rewards in the end' stuff so for once i agree Guthix :) 

#15 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 August 2014 - 14:11

Disagree with the mobs idea, Mobs are environment , it's a pvp zone... you won't want to fight mobs there. or tab select them by mistake while in a fight with someone else. 

Disagree on it being forced. no one is forced to farm in TA. it;s a personal choice.

erm Ta is wilderness zone,which doesn't necessarily mean pvp only ;) also a challenge for 10k kills...not 10k player kills :D would indicate someone has already thought of this possibility but maybe second guessed themself by mistake as a wilderness area shouldn't be focusing on pvp vs skillers....as that is way more harsh.

Also in all honesty...it really is forced no matter how you look at it. outside of TA..you get mobs you have to fight in order to pick...and in TA you get 2x faster mats 2x faster respawns and only stopped when attacked which can be avoided as 32+ outside you cant avoid it you basically have to fight mobs just to continue picking. So you could say it isnt forced..but when you think about it you are put into a scenario of picking your poison...when in reality it should just be about "how do we make furthering ones self in skilling more rewarding" instead of....let people get to lvl 15 and easily speed to all 45s and kill the longevity of our game.

Edited by HuMoR, 06 August 2014 - 14:15.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#16 Skywaker

Skywaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 14:12

I wouldn't mind seeing mobs in TA its adds more fun to the place :) 

#17 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 14:14

erm Ta is wilderness zone,which doesn't necessarily mean pvp only ;) also a challenge for 10k kills...not 10k player kills :D would indicate someone has already thought of this possibility but maybe second guessed themself by mistake as a wilderness area shouldn't be focusing on pvp vs skillers....as that is way more harsh.

Personal choice, let it stay without mobs.

As for what i want TA to be, although im fine with what it is. It makes people want to level up to max and kill everyone for revenge imo. but anyways.

Divide it into player level zones.

add a cap or 3 level + or -

Move PL to the empty island.

previously:

#18 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 August 2014 - 14:20

Personal choice, let it stay without mobs.

As for what i want TA to be, although im fine with what it is. It makes people want to level up to max and kill everyone for revenge imo. but anyways.

Divide it into player level zones.

add a cap or 3 level + or -

Move PL to the empty island.

no point in conversing back with you,you aren't understanding the giant negative impact this actually has on the community. It causes a giant split down the center of the community that wasn't there before. Community was all fine and dandy then this happened and now look...tons of people hating each other that use to be friends....tons of non combative based chars being killed by pvpers when they are trying to enjoy the game their way. Not a good vibe this will send to anyone. A wilderness zone based off combat should be just that, based off solely combat. 

Lets throw the all of the best responding resources into an area..let people work hard there and then if they get killed drop anywhere from 55%-90% of their work on death to someone focused in pvp...and then! to add more salt to the wound let them try and buy back their losses from the person who killed them and ruined hours of effort for something already not worth much in the end :)
^
this mentality of making a game is what will kill a game. Easy to see and dozens of cases to show.

Edited by HuMoR, 06 August 2014 - 14:22.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#19 Skywaker

Skywaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 14:21

no point in conversing back with you,you aren't understanding the giant negative impact this actually has on the community. It causes a giant split down the center of the community that wasn't there before. Community was all fine and dandy then this happened and now look...tons of people hating each other that use to be friends....tons of non combative based chars being killed by pvpers when they are trying to enjoy the game their way. Not a good vibe this will send to anyone. A wilderness zone based off combat should be just that, based off solely combat. 

Lets throw the all of the best responding resources into an area..let people work hard their and then if they get killed drop anywhere from 55%-90% of their work on death to someone focused in pvp...and then! to add more salt to the wound let them try and buy back their losses from the person who killed them and ruined hours of effort for something already not worth much in the end :)
^
this mentality of making a game is what will kill a game. Easy to see and dozens of cases to show.

i have to agree to Guthix i was mining in ta for 2 hours one day and got killed by ben and almost raged quit cause of him.

#20 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 14:33

Limit daily farming time in ta for 1hour. Shouldn't let anyone flood the economy with mats they can farm for hours non stop due to no threat to them. Let them reap the benefits of endless resources for free.

Sad to see the game go the way it is.

previously:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt