BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,878 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 November 2012 - 16:31

Hi all.

In this code update we have made the following changes to Titan Hunting.

1. We've tweaked the minimum movement speed on maps with titans due to it causing issues for some players.

2. We've made it so if you leave or are kicked from a guild, any active titan cooldowns on the guild are now applied to the player when they leave.

As ever, we look forward to your constructive feedback.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 16:34

Cool thanks.

Still have my fingers crossed and hoping for the kill Titan fix. Any idea if that is coming soon?

#3 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 16:35

Nice :) hope its going to be fine now
what about auto refresh attack box? its really annoying when you open player's profile tons of times while killing titans using 0 to refresh

#4 callmeabc

callmeabc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 16:36

50 kinds of off topic, but the RSS news feed is still broken...

Avatar upgrade - http://forums.hunted...showtopic=55576

GvG tracking ideas -

In the advisor - http://forums.hunted...showtopic=55250

In a building - http://forums.hunted...showtopic=53004

#5 laserlars

laserlars

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 16:37

So if you leave just before the cooldown is activated, you are not affected?

#6 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 16:38

I'd say make it not possible to kill titan without guild.. that will make it less complicated

#7 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 14 November 2012 - 16:41

I'd say make it not possible to kill titan without guild.. that will make it less complicated

+Infinite

#8 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,878 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 November 2012 - 16:45

what about auto refresh attack box?

Not yet. Hopefully soon.

There's no cooldown, so no. But what would be the point? If you rejoin the guild or join another, you have seven days to wait until you can hunt again.

#9 Yuuzhan

Yuuzhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 14 November 2012 - 16:47

what about auto refresh attack box?

Not yet. Hopefully soon.

There's no cooldown, so no. But what would be the point? If you rejoin the guild or join another, you have seven days to wait until you can hunt again.

Leaving a guild (and then joining one) gives you a 7 day cooldown on ALL titans, right?

#10 defabs

defabs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 16:56

is it been fixed as well that if u have already the tkp for an item and dindt bought it yet and hunt the titan again u get the cooldown. we had 4700 tkp on an itm needed 4600tkp we killed the titan after it and dindt gained enough for an item and got a cooldown cos we already had the tkp

#11 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,878 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 November 2012 - 17:05

Leaving a guild (and then joining one) gives you a 7 day cooldown on ALL titans, right?

Correct.

Leaving a Guild means you take any cooldowns with you.

Joining a guild means you are on cooldown with EVERY Titan.

we had 4700 tkp on an itm needed 4600tkp we killed the titan after it and dindt gained enough for an item and got a cooldown cos we already had the tkp

So you had enough TKP to obtain the item but didn't, then hunted the Titan and got cooldown? If so, that's working correctly.

If you have enough TKP to obtain the item, best to do so if you wish to hunt the Titan again.

#12 alexlouis

alexlouis

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 17:12

I would like to be titan hunting right now but the recent changes are preventing me from playing your game... think about that while I go play another game.

There are plenty of Titans in the game with more coming. If you are focusing on a single Titan, you are limiting yourself, not us.

On cooldown: Epidemicus, Dragonbane, Guardian, Tsukiyaomo and Venoxa. That list would be longer if the cooldown hadn't been reset.

Besides Colossus (junk) there isn't a titan available that's even 1/3rd of my level for the next 6 days. Let's be clear that HCS is limiting me, I'm not limiting myself here...

I'd also like to clarify that I was not childishly threatening to leave the game, but implying that since I couldn't titan hunt at that moment that I would do something else. Perhaps I should let you guys know how displeased I am with these changes while I wait 6 days?

#13 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,878 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 November 2012 - 17:20

I'd also like to clarify that I was not childishly threatening to leave the game, but implying that since I couldn't titan hunt at that moment that I would do something else. Perhaps I should let you guys know how displeased I am with these changes while I wait 6 days?

Well as I stated, more will be coming but these things take a bit of time to produce so have some patience.

#14 alexlouis

alexlouis

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 17:35

Well as I stated, more will be coming but these things take a bit of time to produce so have some patience.

I'm glad that you're adding more to the game, but you did not have to enact these limitations to do so. When more titans are added it gives everyone more options, which is great, but if I want to focus on a specific titan(s) I should be allowed to and any player(s) that also wants them should have to compete with me for it. Isn't that what titan hunting is about?

#15 defabs

defabs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 17:39

Correct.

Leaving a Guild means you take any cooldowns with you.

Joining a guild means you are on cooldown with EVERY Titan.

we had 4700 tkp on an itm needed 4600tkp we killed the titan after it and dindt gained enough for an item and got a cooldown cos we already had the tkp

So you had enough TKP to obtain the item but didn't, then hunted the Titan and got cooldown? If so, that's working correctly.

If you have enough TKP to obtain the item, best to do so if you wish to hunt the Titan again.

so u mean cos the new implemates that where made after we had the tkp already, no one bought the item yes cos it was not possible cos they wherent here we just shoulnd had hunted it. that means if we dindt hunted it we coulded had bought the item first and after that we could gained the second one?

#16 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,878 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 November 2012 - 17:48

Them should have to compete with me for it. Isn't that what titan hunting is about?

Except due to the fact that a few Guilds were dominating Titan Hunting, no one would try it. Even to learn how. So obviously, Titan Hunting was not work as intended. It does now though. We're seeing plenty of others making a try for it now.

Furthermore, because no-one bothered, there was no reason to create new Titans as there was no real interest. Now, however, there is.

so u mean cos the new implemates that where made after we had the tkp already, no one bought the item yes cos it was not possible cos they wherent here we just shoulnd had hunted it. that means if we dindt hunted it we coulded had bought the item first and after that we could gained the second one?

Essentially, yes. Once you have the needed TKP, you are better off using them to obtain the item. This was explained in the thread when these changes were introduced. It sucks you've been caught out by it this time but all the changes to the Titan Hunting system are for the betterment of the game.

#17 alexlouis

alexlouis

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 18:01

Them should have to compete with me for it. Isn't that what titan hunting is about?

Except due to the fact that a few Guilds were dominating Titan Hunting, no one would try it. Even to learn how. So obviously, Titan Hunting was not work as intended. It does now though. We're seeing plenty of others making a try for it now.

Furthermore, because no-one bothered, there was no reason to create new Titans as there was no real interest. Now, however, there is.

You could make this argument about any part of the game. There are guilds/players that dominate PvP/GvG/arena/AH/potion making, etc. If you believe that limiting players actions makes things fair then nuke those aspects of the game too. Limit the amount of potions that can be made by a guild or limit the amount of times you can enter the arena to once a week and see what the reaction is. My point is that you're decreasing the activity of players who enjoy an aspect of the game. Less activity is bad for the game.

#18 Mher

Mher

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Lebanon

Posted 14 November 2012 - 18:11

Hi all,

Thank you very much for your progress but infect i'm very upset cause i still can't hunt titans normally. I have a connection not very fast but not bad and also i don't use anyyyyy script....so, when it was 250ms, i've couldn't hunt titan and even sometimes i didn't pass the 50 kill (usually 150kill minimum) and also with this new update still giving me this 100ms. So, let me understand this, hardly walking on the map, hardly scrolls the refresh and i'm fast in walking ????????????
And also there's other things that i'm not understanding too:
1- Lets say that i'm gone move 4 steps towards the titan. Suddenly in the 1st step, the action list scrolls and scrolls for almost 3 second then you get to the 2nd step...3rd step... and it's gives 250ms before and now 100ms now.

2- There's many players or lets say some guilds, when they get online to hunt this specific Titan. The realm that contains this Titan starts to make lagging. Like the other day when hunting Tommy with a group of guild mates from all around the world, a specific guild were hunting very fast and very quickly , but we were not cause there was lagging.
and also same happened for the wickerman titan, the specific guild started to hunt and the same lagging started and we were hunting with a group of guild mates from all around the world again.

#19 alexlouis

alexlouis

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 18:19

You could make this argument about any part of the game. There are guilds/players that dominate PvP/GvG/arena/AH/potion making, etc. If you believe that limiting players actions makes things fair then nuke those aspects of the game too. Limit the amount of potions that can be made by a guild or limit the amount of times you can enter the arena to once a week and see what the reaction is. My point is that you're decreasing the activity of players who enjoy an aspect of the game. Less activity is bad for the game.

I'll give you a concrete example. I very very rarely scavenge in the caves. Why? Because I know that I would have to compete with a handful of well established players that dominate that portion of the game. I would have to compete with them on quantity, price, and finding customers. It is a free market, so I could attempt this but I am discouraged because those players are more experienced, established with customers and have appropriate character upgrades. They really specialize in this part of the game. Now if you wanted to apply your notion of 'fair' as you are with titan hunting then limit the amount of times a player/guild can scavenge. This fixes the market so that I can more easily enter and makes irrelevant many of the upgrades and time/effort that those established players put into their craft.

This is what you have done to titan hunters. You have taken away their specialization/craft of which they put time, effort and resources into. You have taken the free market choices out of the game and sided with communism for a notion of 'fair' that was incited by players that didn't want to put the work into being able to compete in a free market.

#20 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 18:19

I was saying that ... but i think i was wrong as i see there's more guilds going after titans now
im going more for titans now as i can get fair kills with my 230ms ping to FS... thing is different than other aspects.. what if they make epics guild bound? will u go after them ? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: