2 replies to this topic

#1 Zelena

Zelena

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 21:10

I ran into a bug on a side quest, "A study in blood."

I went through the window in the artist's house and waited for an unusually long time for him to go upstairs (I think that was just because I had to hide in the room rather than stay waiting in the adjoining room), and then successfully stole the portrait. There were no yellow pop up words telling me of my success and to go back to Sabina, but the purple marker on the map changed to her location which made me think I could finish the quest. However, when I went back to Sabina's house and double clicked to talk, no dialogue box popped up: it was just generic 'good luck' and 'don't stay long, it will seem suspicious' as if I hadn't just successfully completed her task. I can't give the portrait back to her because of this, it's taking up space in my backpack and I can't get my quest reward and experience from her...

Please help, thank you.

#2 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:15

What I would recommend for the moment is that you delete the painting and steal it again. From what I can tell the quest doesn't think you've stolen it yet. I'll make a note to look at that, since you shouldn't have the painting while still being on the stage you're at.

#3 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:51

So an update to this issue:

We think we've found where the problem is. However we won't be able to get a fix out in time for today's update. In the meanwhile (after today's update) if you log out and in again while you have the painting in your inventory the quest should fix itself, letting you speak to Sabina. We're hoping to have a proper fix for this with the update after today's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: