22 replies to this topic

#1 Jonah Tebaa

Jonah Tebaa

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Lebanon

Posted 17 February 2014 - 17:18

I was just thinking that we could add some nice new buffs in the form of potions to the special section in AH and in potion bazaar. These could form a good gold sinc.

Potion name: FS Energy Drink
Buff name: Energize
Buff level: 100
Buff duration: 120 minutes
Description: while the buff is active, player gets an extra 1 stam gain for every 100 points in skill.
Potion cost: 50,000 gold minimum bid in AH and potion bazaar goes according to AH bids as usual.

Potion name: Richman's Energy Drink
Buff name: Ubergize
Buff level: 200
Buff Duration: 150 minutes
Description: while buff is active,and at every stam gain (tic), player spends 50,000 gold and gains 1 extra stam for every 100 points in skill.
Potion cost: 50,000 gold minimum bid in AH and potion bazaar goes according to AH bids as usual.

Potion name: Potion of Rejuvination
Buff name: Rejuvinate
Buff level: 150
Buff duration: 30 minutes
Discription: when buff is activated, all skills' duration currently active on player are extended by 0.05% per point.
Potion cost: 100,000 gold

#2 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 18:29

Your 1st two buffs cost a lot more then the fsp and gold upgrades for buying stamina.

The 3rd one could be useful if you just needed a few extra minuets at the end of your hunt to finish.

#3 Jonah Tebaa

Jonah Tebaa

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Lebanon

Posted 17 February 2014 - 18:49

Numbers could be changed. I didnt do the math. Or maybe durations could be increased.

#4 Chazz224

Chazz224

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:52

I was just thinking that we could add some nice new buffs in the form of potions to the special section in AH and in potion bazaar. These could form a good gold sinc.

Potion name: FS Energy Drink
Buff name: Energize
Buff level: 100
Buff duration: 120 minutes
Description: while the buff is active, player gets an extra 1 stam gain for every 100 points in skill.

Potion name: Richman's Energy Drink
Buff name: Ubergize
Buff level: 200
Buff Duration: 150 minutes
Description: while buff is active,and at every stam gain (tic), player spends 50,000 gold and gains 1 extra stam for every 100 points in skill.

Potion name: Potion of Rejuvination
Buff name: Rejuvinate
Buff level: 150
Buff duration: 30 minutes
Discription: when buff is activated, all skills' duration currently active on player are extended by 0.05% per point.
Potion cost: 100,000 gold

I doubt we need more stam gain - their are plenty of epics - titans and so fourth for this - while it seems ideal to hunt and level up once everyday - it's not practical - I don't think these pots are good sorry =(

#5 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:12

unmarked, bound,  mystery potions

made by a mad alchemist at the bazaar

might be fairly useless, like a great vigor lvl 25

or a small chance it might be epic, like  librarian ...500... or whatever

ya buys yer potion, ya takes yer chances

i'm thinking gold sink here

Edited by duktayp, 18 February 2014 - 02:18.

#6 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:20

That could be amusing but would people take the chance?

#7 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:35

There's only one way to find out ;)

If you make it something like 10% crap, 80% mediocre and 10% good, then I reckon folk would take a punt ...

How hard is it to give it a whirl ? ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#8 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:06

the issue with the mystery potions is you need to have unique[to the bazaar] potions to make it worth while, especially if they are going to be bound.

balancing the chance of a good potion, against maintaining existing potions (whether from caves, composing or arena for example) is going to be the headache for BG.

#9 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:08

I thought the pots in the bazaar were the left overs from auction house specials? That the price was based on average for that type being sold in the recent auctons. If more were added would they go on as specials??

And a mystery pot would be cool BUT if theres a chance at something like Lib500 then there should be a counter other than a low level and not as desirable buff. 

How about 10% chance at high level buff from a random list 

80% a random bazaar pot

5% debuff, a short term buff that has a negative effect. It cannot be broke, leached or removed and again will only last a short time (maybe 20min?) but some suggestions,,,

Black spot, the pot negates the effect of Holy flame, death wish, Chi strike, Great vigor, Aura of protection, constitution, ageless and severe condition. 

Fumbling, this pot negates the effects of enchant (any),, Keen edge, Savegry, shield strike, distraction, armored strike, evade, counter attack, side step, epic forge and craft.

Sedated, negates the effects of rage, fury, bloodthirst, berserk, shockwave, Coord atk and def, smashing hammer, DOUBLER, conserve and lightfoot.

Stupefied, negates the effects of Adept learner, Lib, doubler, and  avert gaze 

And finally magnetised,, this will last longer and maybe should be the most coomon of the bad pots comming in more like 10% than 5, negates the effects of deflect.

Edited by watagashi, 18 February 2014 - 11:09.

#10 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 18 February 2014 - 14:29

I like the idea of a mystery bazaar potion - that would be cool. However, I think a 10% for a "good" potion is fine, but "good" meaning that anything above level 175 buff wise, and make it possible to receive any given buff with each buff having a cap - ie DC500 should not be available to get, but a DC250 would be a cool possibility. It would be a great way to sink gold I would think for those who are willing to take a risk on potions.

#11 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 23:38

I, personally, would often chance some gold (sink) for a potentially high level potion

#12 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 00:09

You can also receive Frags on the mistery box.

Something like 100 common, 50 Rare, 15 Uniques. 
But will be better if you can find a way to send it to guildmates, something like 'Guild Bound'.

#13 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 00:53

Make it a traveling mad alchemist so it's limited time. Watch the fsp marketplace dip to new lows during the alchemist visits. This way, if it's a horrible idea, the alchemist will never return ;)

#14 Aboalarab

Aboalarab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 23:28

Great new idea !

#15 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:02

YES PLEASE

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#16 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 14:21

If implemented, this should be limited to one attempt every certain amount of time. Otherwise someone could just keep trying until they get that uber buff.

#17 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:09

bumping once - the bazaar is an underused facet of the game IMO

...limited to one attempt....

agree

the bazaar refreshes 72 times a day - might be fun if occasionally something interesting was randomly put in there

how about a frag pouch, with 1 - 5 frags

a great vigor 1000 pot

or...heck i don't know...a magic pranking scroll: cast this spell on someone on your ally list and for the next 24 hours their profile pic is replaced with something like this

27531-funny-monkey.jpg

(this would never happen...no one could possibly code it)

#18 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 01 September 2014 - 19:00

ROFL

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#19 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:44

I doubt we need more stam gain - their are plenty of epics - titans and so fourth for this - while it seems ideal to hunt and level up once everyday - it's not practical - I don't think these pots are good sorry =(

I thought more stamina would give more activity? And we are in need of activity. Thats a fact.

Though I agree and don't like these potions, but wouldn't mind other ideas to increase our stamina gains.

Edited by Nagoyaka, 02 September 2014 - 08:47.

#20 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:56

I thought more stamina would give more activity? And we are in need of activity. Thats a fact.

Though I agree and don't like these potions, but wouldn't mind other ideas to increase our stamina gains.

Rather than stamina boosting potions, maybe the option to buy more stamina regeneration upgrades? It would get the donations in as many would purchase this upgrade :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: