Photo

What date is the Double EXP event going to be on this month?

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#21 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:47

It will be interesting to see just how much stam people sink into this global event, with so much conjecture of an XP event on the horizon.

I personally would like to see something else mid year, however it's much easier for the cows to flick a switch than it is to come up with something new, fun and unique.

#22 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:03

Ha! Coming from the guy who caused one of these freakin stupid xp events, I scoff at thee bry, SCOFF!!

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#23 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:26

Ha! Coming from the guy who caused one of these freakin stupid xp events, I scoff at thee bry, SCOFF!!

My bad, shall we gather the angry mob again? :P

simpsons-villagers-pitchfork-torches.jpe

#24 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:35

Gomez -- semantics:

Hello Gomez,

You're not succeeding in your arguments as Davros responses have already been deemed to be found negative by multiple readers. How we arrived at this is through reading comprehension of the semantics of his posts where we the reader are gathering the logic of his quips and smirks.  If what I say is not what he intended, then how is it that others also interpreted him negatively?  When we write anything it is our burden to convey our true meaning to the reader. 

By Davros's use of the word "surely" in the following statement  feigns ignorance of what it would be like to level during an xp event, as he's asking the reader how it can be fun using weak sarcasm.  Again, word choices -- semantics.

How is rifling through content fun in any case, surely if you're power levelling through it you are not actually enjoying that content to it's fullest??

Bottomline and the last I will post on this thread as it's not productive - I found Davros' response to be negative and condescending.  Having players be negative to someone who is just asking when an XP event might take place when they apparently have no interest in it is beyond my comprehension, as it's just mean spirited.  I don't like to see that behavior, thus I respond when I have the time to do so.

Whether HCS has one, a dozen, or heck a Negative XP event -  all of it doesn't really matter that much to me, as I've always just played my game the way I chose in the moment; however, I will defend and support my fellow players to play the game they chose.  I will always apply logic to situations and not go out of my way to be negative to someone unless, in particular, when they are negative to someone else undeservedly so, as in this case.

Semantics, huh? Well, if you weren't just looking for the bad, you would see his entire post says "an XP event is not necessarily needed".   ;) <--- Wait, does that make my post negative and condescending now?

#25 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 14:36

I like the 2XP events! :) I guess if I was at EOC they would be worthless. However I am not. So I say "MORE MORE MORE XP 2XP 3XP 4XP EVENTS!!!" ..How about a one time 2000XP event where HCS loses their  mind and we all get to EOC on one maddening night in June! *** looks for inhaler** :)

86763-3413.jpg

20fq746.gif

#26 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 June 2014 - 14:59

Please keep this civil everyone.

#27 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 15:36

For the average non-donating player these event are the best thing to happen in the game for them. If they don't take up being a merchant, titan hunting, farming, potion making. They don't and most won't make a ton just off of PVP or Basic Leveling, and then it will take years to reach anywhere near EOC. You really want to tell new players with no intention of donating that they won't reach the end of the game, the best buffs, etc.. Or you want to give them a bit of a brighter outlook and tell them there are 2 double xp events a year where if they participate in globals keep beneficial chests, save their fsp they can make up that ground easy. Everyone knows the more content you have unlocked the better the game is just on a gaming standpoint not a social one.

As for the "Double XP" event happening randomly, that really makes no sense at all to have such an event randomly happen when you have so many players in the game with such high max stamina. You really want players who take weeks to stam gain, burn stamina. Then a day or so later the event comes out. They get penalized for playing the game? "Thanks for being active and playing our game, sorry you burnt your stamina maybe you can partake in the next one 6 months from now". Our Double XP event are more delicate compared to several other games that offer it because of the fact other games you don't necessarily have to build something similar to "stamina" in order to partake in the event. If we didnt have to have stamina to participate i would be for random XP events, but since its the lifeline of this game there's no changing that as there should be no changing the spontaneity of these events.

And ok maybe EOC may be boring, but that's your evaluation. One person can't speak for everyone, every facet in the game is there at your feet and a ton of stamina not being burnt due to leveling at your disposal. I don't see how you could be bored, other than the boredom you yourself create by not doing anything. But thats your choice to do or not do. Everyone plays the game differently you have a variety or players and playing styles, its diverse. So where one person doesn't do something another will. And saying there shouldn't be XP events so as to almost keep people out of EOC "cause it puts more pressure on the cows", i think thats their call. Why you would want to prevent players from enjoying the game is beyond me. You figure these events raises activity, they help potion makers and merchants as there is a rise in Auction House/Player to Player trading. Every guild looks forward to this to continue and build on there current progress, from top to bottom in any guild find me one player not intrigued by the event who isn't near EOC where it might be close to pointless to participate in their eyes. Guilds and their players prep for this, this is where you make your jump in the top 250 guilds and break into it. The list does really go on..

#28 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 17:57

I think these are as good for COW as they are for the entire community(except Davros, I guess)  They generate revenue for everyone (in one form or another), they get everyone more involved (even for a short time) and are a WELCOME change. Ohhh and the PVP guilds are even happy for a while with more gold, BB, etc. 

#29 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 19:50

This could all be solved if the COWS would say if or when it is going to happen.

#30 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 23:03

Serious! I really do like the 2/3XP events :)

101379-Jim-Carrey-I-like-it-alot-gif-Gfl

#31 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 00:29

I know i am looking forward to this event and have Thee best Potions i can afford LOL.. ready and waiting to be used! Now i am sitting on 31k stamina patiently waiting :/... sucks but would rather sit and wait then miss it :))... fun fun.. :))

#32 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:20

543abbb0547f528d708b9e90824a4497ad0.jpg

Santork Claws says too many naughty boys and girls! So much whining and bickering! No XP event shall be gifted upon the FS world!  :angry: 

Now run and hide before my Flamedeer catches up with you! Roooooaaarrrr! 

541729661eff1e8add53e6919ad436e71e0.jpg

Oh you're not scared of the Flamedeer, you say? Bring out the Hooftest!!!

542.jpg?1401761905

#33 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:54

IF we do a Double XP Event, we'll give a weeks heads up, like usual. Have we done so yet? Nope! So get out there and kill Wraiths!

#34 Gorrent

Gorrent

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:58

i dont need a weekz headz up for double xp event. :P

I want TRIPLE XP Event.wub.png

#35 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 June 2014 - 13:05

To be blunt this is partly why occasional 10-25% bonus xp/gold events would be good to do scattered in between on weekends to spur activity and the like rather than relaiance on two specific timeframes in the year much like many other MMOs do. Something modest but rewarding to do at random like globals.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#36 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 June 2014 - 14:58

I want TRIPLE XP Event.wub.png

I don't see us doing a triple XP ever again. It's far, FAR to much.

Double, if and when we do it, is what we will continue with.

#37 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 15:43

IF we do a Double XP Event, we'll give a weeks heads up, like usual. Have we done so yet? Nope! So get out there and kill Wraiths!

Will not be fooled by your trickery :P me and probably everyone else will still horde their stamina :P.

#38 lyons027

lyons027

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 June 2014 - 18:43

#39 lyons027

lyons027

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 June 2014 - 18:53

@BigGrim, There are some players that are correct in this area about helping guilds out and giving players chances. Some players can donate thousands of dollars in a matter of minutes or a few months or even a year, other players like myself can't do that, there is almost no way small players will ever have a chance for being EOC, because the cost is way too much.

You say no Triple Xp Events but this doesn't hurt anyone only helps the COWS out by recieving more and morw donations to keep this game going, please dont get me wrong Double Xp Event are awesome as well but it will never give small players to high players a chance to become a much higher level without a very large donation and waiting every 6 months or more for a Double Xp Event. Also on the Topic, I noticed that someone said the truth for once, Double or Triple Xp Events are to Help Players but if we already hunt it does nothing for us amd only hurts us more but waiting 6 more months and alsothis shouldn't be a secret event, just like global events are announced I believe that the XP Events should be announced as well. I understand that my opinion might not matter but I hope it is at least considered for the future Events

Thank You BigGrim for your time
Michael (Lyons027)

#40 Azarek

Azarek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 18:55

Will not be fooled by your trickery :P me and probably everyone else will still horde their stamina :P.

BG is watching you, and as soon as you take off your leveling gear, the one weeks notice will be sent to the community. :P

Edited by Azarek, 03 June 2014 - 18:57.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: