Posted 01 August 2014 - 19:01

uhm....bump? or someone say "no, bad idea"

edit: silly gif

13-1-11%255B1%255D.gif

Bloody show off! 

huge.96.481018.JPG

Do this, doggie.

DP

Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#42 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 21:31

I'd be happy enough to look over the Mercs and boost the stats of some of the weaker ones. I just have a lot I'm working on at the mo. Events (Quango Island), new Arena prizes (will open a thread for that soon.) and new GRP prizes (will open a thread for that soon too). Various other odds and end as well as keeping Support up to date.

Thank you for taking the time to even consider this....i do realize you all have a lot of things on your plate...and we want it all....LOL!!  Nice to see that there is some cool stuff going on as usual and that your handling all the overwhelming needs and desires we put out with calmness and a positive attitude.....IT IS MUCH APPRECIATE!!

#43 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 22:09

I'd be happy enough to look over the Mercs and boost the stats of some of the weaker ones. I just have a lot I'm working on at the mo. Events (Quango Island), new Arena prizes (will open a thread for that soon.) and new GRP prizes (will open a thread for that soon too). Various other odds and end as well as keeping Support up to date.

santas-coming.gifNEW ARENA PRIZES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#44 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 September 2014 - 19:14

BUMPS to remind BG of his above comment ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#45 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 September 2014 - 22:26

Agreed. There are usually ~90-110 mercs left unused as groups with just a few guild members provide better stats than about 2/3 of existing mercs. Lierally putting a 0 on the end of each of the weakest mercs stats could go a long way for most of them.

Edited by Gutie, 29 September 2014 - 22:27.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#46 insaner6

insaner6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 17:11

anything new on this?

#47 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:57

Also, once more. I think the concept was directly brought up recently. Just curious if it got brought up in the office by chance. :o

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#48 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 November 2014 - 20:23

BUMP

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#49 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 21:25

yep...radneto please check out this thread..more work for you.hoof and zorg..this needs attention at some time...

#50 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 18 November 2014 - 22:10

Yeah, to the best of my knowledge, it's been years since we got new mercs.  When I hire them, they're almost always in the mid 200's or so.... There need to be many many more high level ones, and maybe a couple of new low level ones as well.  

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#51 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 November 2014 - 22:43

Yeah, to the best of my knowledge, it's been years since we got new mercs.  When I hire them, they're almost always in the mid 200's or so.... There need to be many many more high level ones, and maybe a couple of new low level ones as well.  

Easiest solution would just be to multiply most of the existing ones stats by a factor somewhere between 5 and 10 - but yes, a whole new pool of higher level ones in addition to the lower level (and, for the most part, useless) ones is good too :)

#52 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 22:48

All I know is that they are for the most part useless for killing a high level SE for me, which is what I would use them for anyway... Modern buffs make it so I can solo just about anything else if I dress the part.  Please, Hoofie, Rad, BG, all of ya'll, this is something way too long neglected.  At least add it to the roadmap...

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#53 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 November 2014 - 23:09

Also consider adding or changing the tavern so you can enter Tavern A for high end mercs or Tavern B for low end mercs as it is boring and zero fun cycling through 78 mercs to get the same rubbish level 65 dwarf or something equally pants over and over. A few classic examples are:

Woodland Sprite

Fallen Warrior

Assassin

Frogling Brave

Warrior Priest

i got those lot from searching 10 times just now, the Woodland Sprite was obviously desperate as she appeared twice... :wub:

#54 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 23:34

I rarely use mercs anymore, but on occasion they are handy and it is VERY boring to sit and search over and over for one or two that will be useful. Please help out the poor low level mercs! They have been trying for years to level up!  :)

#55 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 23:35

I have always Failed to see why we need Mercs in the first place...I was taught it was better to teach players how to solo things and give them the sense of achievement instead of relying on others..

before smashing hammer co ord attack and def and Shield wall were added getting def may have been hard ..combined with Flinch 288 or 230 easily available and SES 175 all Se become easy solo's..

#56 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:17

I have always Failed to see why we need Mercs in the first place...I was taught it was better to teach players how to solo things and give them the sense of achievement instead of relying on others..

before smashing hammer co ord attack and def and Shield wall were added getting def may have been hard ..combined with Flinch 288 or 230 easily available and SES 175 all Se become easy solo's..

Look, sugar, I'm no wet behind the ears newbie.  I solo what I can.... I do know how to fish, though, and there are SE's I couldn't solo it it meant stopping the apocalypse.  And there are not always WK members online to join a group when one of my loyal scouts trips over one of these particular SE's.  It hurts my pride to have to give these beasts away to my competitors, merely because I can't get a big enough merc to help me out.  This is ridiculous, to say the least, imo.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#57 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:42

Look, sugar, I'm no wet behind the ears newbie.  I solo what I can.... I do know how to fish, though, and there are SE's I couldn't solo it it meant stopping the apocalypse.  And there are not always WK members online to join a group when one of my loyal scouts trips over one of these particular SE's.  It hurts my pride to have to give these beasts away to my competitors, merely because I can't get a big enough merc to help me out.  This is ridiculous, to say the least, imo.

It is not meant in that Fashion Penny, People at level 5 can encounter skull carver can they kill it of course not ask your self at what point do we stop adding to make things possible...or does it provide the incentive to level up and gain new gear to enable players to kill them ?

#58 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 19:35

It is not meant in that Fashion Penny, People at level 5 can encounter skull carver can they kill it of course not ask your self at what point do we stop adding to make things possible...or does it provide the incentive to level up and gain new gear to enable players to kill them ?

I DO level up... but when the average player is 1000+ and the average merc is lvl 300, there is some severe disparity here.  I don't want an easy button, I just want a fair shake.  We need the merc system revamped... It's not an unreasonable request at all.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#59 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 21:51

I DO level up... but when the average player is 1000+ and the average merc is lvl 300, there is some severe disparity here.  I don't want an easy button, I just want a fair shake.  We need the merc system revamped... It's not an unreasonable request at all.

Do you? could have sworn you have been level 500 for 4 years at least .... Accept you made choices the same as we all do that effect how we can play other parts of the game.

#60 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 23:47

Actually, I just recently attained 500 after an absence of almost 2 years.  Yes, I have made my choices and taken the scenic route, but I play the whole game (well, not the caves) and I also listen to what my friends have to say.  Including you.... That said, I'm not speaking just for myself, I rarely do, as what is best for Erildath is usually what is best for me. You can't tell me that bigger and better mercs would be a bad thing, I won't believe it, nor will the majority of the community.   I may never see EOC, (not that I care, as levels do not make the player, nor do they indicate a player's overall prowess in the game) but I do have enough knowledge of the game to know when something is needed, and this is one of those things.

Edited by BadPenny, 19 November 2014 - 23:47.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: