3 replies to this topic

#1 Unlucker

Unlucker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 January 2016 - 12:54

Hello devs. There are few things that are making new players confused before they eventually quit. I think you should focus on fixing them first. I've suggested a few things before Steam launch, but changes never happened.

So I was watching some videos and Let's plays on youtube and noticed some guy really confused about why he does low damage to mobs, which were hitting him really hard. For example this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ougSHprWZM

My 1. suggestion is:

Remove the DEATH'S DOOR debuff please! Or make it less brutal for new players!

As you can see in the video, that guy wonders why his damage is so low, while he has debuff active the whole time.

2. suggestion:

Make repair vendors more noticable. Put some wrenches or repair hammers over their head, so players can't miss it.

3. suggestion:

Make world chat noticable, in fact maybe rework the whole chat system... Those tabs are really tiny and it takes some time before people even notice that little star flashing in the tiny tab window.

There are more things that could be improved and I hope people will suggest them. Some changes are easy to do and should be not overlooked in my opinion. Or just ignore it if you are happy with current state of the game.

#2 SagaTeller

SagaTeller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 13:58

Death's door should just be more noticable. Like blinging or something that u cant miss. Even as older player I keep forgetting to buy it off from cooldown. Also better intro about this one for newbies.

Repair vendors are easy to find. Marked often in minimap and stuff so not really needed.

I dont understand third one.

BUYING ALL EP 6G/ea. Huge amounts of gold. Also buying all high level gear, gems and rares with gold. Will not run out of gold so your offer is always priority. Buying everything.

Head to: https://forums.hunte...showtopic=75969For more information!

-Gold Mine team.

#3 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 14:19

Death's Door shouldn't activate till the Barren Trail (when does death door start activating) and should have some sort of quest or visual guide that explains it and how to remove it.. Visually the debuff should be bigger than all other buffs with some haunting glow or pulsing red liner to it..

NPCs that can repair aren't always just there to repair.. Some have other vendor options too.. That needs to to be taken in with coming up with suggestions. Maybe a simple click tracking feature with an arrow guidance, which could be useful for much more than finding repairs, but for any useful NPC or location like a bank/inn..

Repair vendors are easy to find. Marked often in minimap and stuff so not really needed

The mini map is quite mini and without it being able to expand visually is a poor tool that needs to be upgraded.. With the actual map needed for a upgade as well.. They are just poor tools because visually they are horrible to use

The chat system does need a visual, among other, upgrades too.. Maybe a simple quest or suggestion in the beginning to direct players to say hello to the world chat

#4 Unlucker

Unlucker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 January 2016 - 14:41

Death's door should just be more noticable. Like blinging or something that u cant miss. Even as older player I keep forgetting to buy it off from cooldown. Also better intro about this one for newbies.

Repair vendors are easy to find. Marked often in minimap and stuff so not really needed.

I dont understand third one.

Well I've noticed few NPCs that can repair stuff aren't marked on the map nor minimap - for example the NPC that the guy on video was doing quests for. NPC's name is Reder - He can repair stuff, but it isn't marked on map/minimap

More noticable world chat would help them with ingame progress and tips/tricks or simply they wouldn't feel this game is that abbandoned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: