• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Croscahd

Croscahd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 20:12

Is it possible to steal gear off of an inactive member who is not in a guild?

#2 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 30 June 2014 - 20:17

Is it possible to steal gear off of an inactive member who is not in a guild?

No.

It won't be implemented either. It's on the List Of Things That Will Not Happen.

#3 Croscahd

Croscahd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 21:02

Such a waste of beautiful gear

#4 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 21:40

Such a waste of beautiful gear

shine on, you crazy diamond  :)

i look forward to your next post/topic

#5 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 23:56

Old players do come back. If you're an old player you wouldn't want to come back and find someone stole your gear.

#6 Croscahd

Croscahd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:45

shine on, you crazy diamond  :)

i look forward to your next post/topic

Thanks I try, I'm just a seasoned player with a low level :D 

Old players do come back. If you're an old player you wouldn't want to come back and find someone stole your gear.

Touche but they deserve it kind of like mutiny in a guild after thirty days of inactivity someone can take over

#7 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:00

Touche but they deserve it kind of like mutiny in a guild after thirty days of inactivity someone can take over

There is a huge difference between stealing gear off inactive players and a guild mutiny.

A guild mutiny against an inactive founder is allowed so that the guild can continue on even though the founder has gone MIA. If the founder comes back, the guild can choose to reinstate the founder if they want to.

Stealing gear from inactive players is just plain wrong. Imagine if you lost your internet access due to some disaster, military deployment, etc., and then you finally make it back online to find that your gear has been pilfered from you by people who just don't feel like buying their own. Coming back to that would probably be not only infuriating, but the player would probably quit permanently. 

#8 Croscahd

Croscahd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 14:56

There is a huge difference between stealing gear off inactive players and a guild mutiny.

A guild mutiny against an inactive founder is allowed so that the guild can continue on even though the founder has gone MIA. If the founder comes back, the guild can choose to reinstate the founder if they want to.

Stealing gear from inactive players is just plain wrong. Imagine if you lost your internet access due to some disaster, military deployment, etc., and then you finally make it back online to find that your gear has been pilfered from you by people who just don't feel like buying their own. Coming back to that would probably be not only infuriating, but the player would probably quit permanently. 

Although I see where you are coming from, many of these players don't ever come back and maybe say after a year inactive gear could be stolen or maybe it gets put up for auction, I don't know it's just an idea. It's not great to see a pair of Ogalith's Fiery Grasp sitting on a characther that hasn't been played for well over a year.

#9 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 July 2014 - 15:30

Although I see where you are coming from, many of these players don't ever come back and maybe say after a year inactive gear could be stolen or maybe it gets put up for auction, I don't know it's just an idea. It's not great to see a pair of Ogalith's Fiery Grasp sitting on a characther that hasn't been played for well over a year.

I have seen people come back from a year or more inactivity and start playing again. If they own their own gear, it should never be forcibly taken from them. Ever.

#10 tirila

tirila

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:46

I stayed inactive for 3 years. If some one stole my gear I would not be happy. Sorry but I think this is very bad idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: