• Please log in to reply
604 replies to this topic

#41 Kayla

Kayla

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 09:08

The old woman sniffed as the angels sped away, a mix of sadness, pain and anger within her eyes. Her ancient eyes smiled sadly upon Lord Thomas as he came before her and then passed to the drow mage, who had struggled to approach, then fell to her knees, part in bow, part in exhaustion.

A withered hand reached beneath Kayla's chin and lifted her damp face to look upon her. "Hmm," she murmured that only her two Knights could hear. "I must have words with my Niece about this..."

She turned with much conviction to Lord Thomas and said, quitely, but full of command. "Bring the angel forth, my Knight."

#42 gothador_lordthomas

gothador_lordthomas
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2005 - 09:12

"Y-yes" Thomas muttered, flying back into the temple.

As he reached the fireplace the fire dimmed once more then vanished. He opened the trap door. "Rollina! It is safe, come out!" he yelled down.

#43 gothador_rollina

gothador_rollina
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2005 - 22:34

Rollina hearing Thomas's words rushed up, and hugged him tightly crying hard. "Are you ok? Your not hurt are you?" Tears streamed down her face. As she hugged him. Her white wings wrapped around him. "I was so scared I had lost you. You are my friend I never want to lose you." She looked up at him with worry. "Is everyone ok? Please tell me all is well." She had no idea of what had happened all she was happy about was that Thomas was ok, and she hoped everyone in the temple was ok. "What has happened?" She asks softly tears still comeing, and her voice seemed cracked.

#44 gothador_lordthomas

gothador_lordthomas
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2005 - 02:52

"It's ok, no problem...ouch!" Thomas winced as Rollina brushed against the wound on his chest. "Careful, don't get blood on you, Nanaea wants to see you right away. I suggest we go". The demon's voice seemed hurried.

Thomas then grabbed her hand as he flew off, leading the angel through the temple gates and landing in the courtyard next to the old goddess. Maven and the other knights who were at the temple that night, were already there, looking very tired.

"Ah! So this is the angel who has caused all this ruckus" Nanaea spoke softly yet firmly, a motherly sort of tone. "Well I can see why, she is a pretty young thing. Just don't let this girl cloud your better judgement again Thomas!".

"I-I...forgive me" He bowed somberly.

"Now I already know most of your story young lady" Nanaea turned to Rollina again. "But that particular clan of angels isn't very easy to convince. I may have scared them off but they'll be back. If you want to stay here we must sort this all out, do you understand?".

#45 gothador_rollina

gothador_rollina
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2005 - 04:32

Rollina's eyes go wide with worry when she see's Thomas's wound. "Thomas Im so sorry you got hurt because of me. Forgive me please?" She looked confused at his words. She had no idea who nanaea was, but she figured she was incharge of the temple or higher the way Thomas reacted.

She went with Thomas fear in her eyes.She looked around at the court yard when they had arived. Her tear stained face looks at everyone.

She coward when she heard Nanaea's voice.Fear in her eyes as se gazed upon the old godess. She curtseyed slowly to her to show respect, and let her wings hand limp at her back. She watched, and listened to her words, and Thomas's words. "Every thing is my fault please forgive me. I do understand, and I am so sorry for the problems I have caused everyone. I do wish to stay here, and I fear that you are right my clan is verry stubborn. I just wish I knew where to start looking for the one who killed my clans leader." She looks down as more tears stream down her face. "Forgive me for the problems I have caused you please. I dont want anyone to suffer or die. Please dont be mad at Thomas he was only protecting me he is the closest friend I have sence my clan turned against me. I take full responsability Nanaea"

#46 gothador_lordthomas

gothador_lordthomas
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2005 - 15:26

"Ha ha!" Nanaea laughed, waving off Rollina's fears. "Thomas hasn't really done anything wrong though has he". She cast him an odd glance.

Thomas blushed, if it is at all possible for demons to do so. "W-we should start at your village, there could be evidence there" said Thomas thoughtfully, scratching the back of his head.

"Maybe that can wait for another night, Thomas. It is very late after all" Maven added, trying hard not to yawn afterwards.

"Yes,yes! Very good idea, though I suppose a demon wouldn't be tired quite yet, the rest of us should head in. Even you miss!" said Nanaea looking at Rollina.

"Yes, I'll see you tomorrow night" added the Demon, as the his fellow knights turned to go. Though Nanaea stood where she was.

#47 gothador_rollina

gothador_rollina
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2005 - 16:57

Rollina looked at Thomas smileing, and blushing soft red colors, as she took his hand in hers. She smiled at nanaea brightly. "Thank you so much for every thing." She walked up to Nanaea and huggged her gently. " Your the best." Rollina let out a small yawn, and walked over to Thomas. "Are you ok?" She rips some of her fabric from her night gown, and wrapps up his wound on his chest. "We better get your woan properly taken care of."

#48 gothador_lordthomas

gothador_lordthomas
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2005 - 17:14

"Oh no no, you don't need to...." said Thomas bashfully as Rollina wrapped the homemade bandage aroung him. "It's fine, I'm a demon remember. It'll be healed after a few hours of sleep".

Thomas' red demonic face flushed a deep pink. "Perhaps we should head off to bed. We can go to your village tomorrow night...er...right...bed then". A flash of red flame and the demon was gone, Rollina found herself unexplicably in her room.

#49 gothador_rollina

gothador_rollina
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2005 - 04:20

Rollina looked around the room, in shock one moment she was talking to Thomas, and he was blushing. The next after the flames she was in her room. She slowly walked over to her bed, and layed down. A smile on her face. Tomorrow she would clear her name, and be free. She layed down after changeing into a silk gown, and fell asleep.

#50 gothador_lordthomas

gothador_lordthomas
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2005 - 05:22

The next night, Thomas sat in his room, reparing his tunic with a needle and thread. He swore loudly "that angel, ugh....ruining my best shirt...ouch!". Thomas had poked himself in the finger. 'I never was much of a tailor' he thought to himself, putting the tunic away.

Already dressed in black armour, sword sheathed at his side and shield hanging from his back, the demon was ready for the trip. He vanished from his room and reapparated in the main hall, which was quite empty save for a small angel sitting on a chair near the fire.

"Er....ready to go?" asked Thomas, smiling at Rollina.

#51 gothador_rollina

gothador_rollina
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2005 - 00:30

Rollina nodded smiling at Thomas when he appeared in the hall. "I will lead you to the village." Her words where soft and full of worry. She slowly stood up, and walked over to him.

#52 gothador_lordthomas

gothador_lordthomas
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2005 - 04:49

"Alright then" said Thomas, seemingly in deep thought. "You rested well I hope? We're in for a rough night."

He put his arm on Rollina's shoulder. "I'll follow until we get there, we should not fly in. It's best if we sneak, we don't want the entire village after us". His expression then changed, a rebelious flair came over his face. "Ready when you are".

#53 gothador_rollina

gothador_rollina
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2005 - 01:45

Rollina nodded her head and smiled softly at him placeing her hand on his. "I know a secret passage way I escaped into. From where I was kept we can sneak out, because it wont be gaurded. To the alley ways, and from there we can get to the cheif's hut." Her voice was low, and a whisper.

After she told him everything she lead him to the passage way, and opened it by pulling on a tree branch. A whole opened in the earth. deep within the forest. She broke a branch off a near by tree, and chanted as a bright blue flame exploded onto the branch makeing a torch. She lead him down a stair case to an under ground passage. It lead to another set of staires about 2 miles ahead. She made a shhh sighn, and opened the hatch above. There was a small room dime moon light shinned through. She slowly opened a back window that lead to the alleyway.

"Welcome to my village Thomas" She whispered to him, as she crawled out into the alley way.

#54 gothador_lordthomas

gothador_lordthomas
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2005 - 05:03

Thomas looked around, shadows filled the dirty roads that wound through the village. It wasn't as big as he thought it would be, but certainly wasn't small. Cottage type houses were scattered everywhere, flicked with shops every now and then. All dark, however, even the pubs were closed.

As Thomas followed Rollina, zigzagging through the alleyways and ducking from passersby, he could not help but be curious. Scanning the area, taking in his surroundings, as if looking for something once lost.

"Curious" the demon spoke in whispers. "I knew angels would be more reserved, but it seems this place is entirly dead, it's quiet for midnight".

His ears pricked up as he turned around. No one there, he could've sworn he heard someone following.

"This doesn't feel right" said Thomas, his hand now on the handle of his sword.

#55 gothador_rollina

gothador_rollina
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2005 - 09:49

Rollina nodded. "I agree this place is useualy bustleing more. I have a bad feeling as well." She whispered those words to him, as her heart started to race. Her eyes scanned for anything strange. She moved closer to Thomas worry filled her eyes. "Thomas things dont feel right. Something is wrong. We have to becareful around here. My body is giveing me warnning sighns." She wrapped her angel wings around her body tightly. Slowly she handed Thomas a small little box that she had hiden away in her cloths. "Thomas I want you to have this......It was my mothers before she died. Please keep safe I begg of you. No matter what happens keep safe." She heared something from the roof tops, and froze looking up wards, but saw nothing.

#56 gothador_lordthomas

gothador_lordthomas
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2005 - 05:18

"I-I mean no disrespect but, I cannot accept" He said, still whispering, moonlight shining on his scruffy demon face. "You will make it, I will personally see to that. No harm shall come to those under my, nor Nanaea's protection while I still draw breath".

Thomas stopped for a moment. He gazed around, quite sure now that someone was following. "Ok...I think we need to visit the site of the murder as soon as possible, how much further?".

#57 gothador_rollina

gothador_rollina
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2005 - 19:36

Rollina looked at Thomas nodding. "I know and trust you both, but it is also my way of saying thank you for everything you have done for me."

When Thomas mentions the murder site Rollina shivers a little. "It is not to far it is the next cottage. The largest in our village." They continued to walk till they came upon a Large cottage. Rollina's body froze at the site of the cottage. Her mind went over the events that had played out there. Tears slowly streamed down her face, but she quickly brushed them away so Thomas would not see them. "We have to be careful this is also Valki's home. So we have to be as quite as possable." Her voice a whisper.

#58 gothador_lordthomas

gothador_lordthomas
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2005 - 07:48

"Heh heh, I doubt Valki is who we should be worried about" whispered Thomas, picturing a one winged angel limping toward him swinging a crutch.

He smiled, the thought relaxed him enough for their upcoming task. A devilish grin now gracing his face, Thomas slowly approached the cottage door.

"You wait here, back in a flash" Thomas said to Rollina, fading into red flames then dissapearing. He then reapeared inside the rather large cottage.

Inspecting the every room quietly as possible, Thomas now came upon a large bedroom, inside rested an injured, sleeping Valki. Walking on eggshells he searched the room, drawer by drawer, every nook but to no avail. Until...

"Whats this?" Thomas almost said out loud. Covering his mouth at the last second. He had just noticed a silvery sword nestled in between Valki's pillows and bed. "Oooh, you tricky devil-er-angel you...hehe" Thomas thought, carefully relieving the sword from it's fluffy tomb.

"Interesting" The blade upon examination, shone bright blue stains. "Very interesting".

#59 gothador_rollina

gothador_rollina
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2005 - 16:11

Rollina nodded, and waited out side. Her body tensed as she listened to every sound. A look of fear in her eyes, as she said in her mind a silent prayer. She kept hearing sounds, and looked around her body tenseing by the secound. Her eyes scanned everything in site, as she quevered.

A thunderstorm was comeing at a fast pase. She hated the storms ever sence she was little. As another clash of thuder erupted in the sky Rollina's eyes caught site of something moveing fast not to far away. Her body tensed more. Then she saw more of them in the sky, as the thuder clashed. She couldnt tell what they where just that there where a lot of them. Her wings wrapped around her tighter, as fear weild up inside of her. She tryed to make a sound to warn Thomas something was wrong without wakeing Valki. Something inside her told her something was not right. Her mind raced over every thing. Angel stayed up till one am haveing fun, or training. They never watched the skys at night more so not during a storm. The feeling of being watched that she, and Thomas both felt as if they where being followed. Then it hit her it was a trap, as she snapped out of her thoughts. She tryed to get into the cottage, but the door was locked.

#60 gothador_lordthomas

gothador_lordthomas
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2005 - 06:58

Thomas had walked back towards the main quarters of the cottage, still holding the sword.

"Well this looks like all...I...need..." Thomas trailed off, the sound of the nearing fluttering of wings filled his demonic ears. A bright glow filled the room and golden chains appeared around the demon's wrists and ankles, binding him as though they weighed more than the sun itself.

As Thomas slumped to the ground wincing, he heard laughing coming from the bedroom. Valki stood now in the doorway, one wing heavily bandaged, though looking as if it were growing back. The angel limped over toward Thomas and picked up the sword, which had fallen to the ground.

"Filthy demon scum!" Valki slapped Thomas across the face, a look of delight on his face. "You got the best of me I admit, but revenge is sweet is it not?".

Thomas could not answer, his mouth felt as if sewn shut and burned with pain when he attempted to speak. He struggled a bit and glared at Valki, hatred in his eyes, but no fear.

"Persistent, but I assure you, there is no escape from these holy chains. They are designed specifically for use on your kind". The angel then glanced toward the door. "Your friend is waiting outside I do believe, you've grown close? Well I'll make sure you're executed together". Valki opened the door.

Rollina stood there, angels in full battle gear all landing beside her, a few of which were already affixing shackles to her wrists.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: