Vampire of Stratos II - The Game

• Please log in to reply
719 replies to this topic

#1 gothador_sephidroth

gothador_sephidroth
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2005 - 11:59

Time to get started!

I'm assuming that most people already know how to play, either having participated in or at least followed along with the first installment of the game, so I'm not going to repeat the full rules here.
If you need to review, the rules from the first time around can be found at http://forum.gothado...pic.php?t=20469
And the first game is at http://forum.gothado...pic.php?t=20889
If anyone has questions, feel free to post them or PM them to me.

The Players!
Aero - lynched (vampire)
Ayla - eaten by vampires
Balord
Butters
Chaotix
Cynyth - eaten by vampires
DarkDragon88
Grimgrot - eaten by vampires
JimmyMac
Kareena - lynched (innocent)
Kayla
Mamori
Maniaxe
Maxie - lynched (vampire)
Nukleardog - eaten by vampires
PurgatoriX
Roxatha - lynched (vampire)
Snap - lynched (vampire)
Truffle
TomTom
WolfJack

The Roles!
Note that not every role is used in every game, and which ones are included is sometimes switched around to add variety - below is a listing of the roles present in this game, along with a brief description of their power.
The Good Guys
Angel - each night, the Angel PMs me the name of the person they wish to protect. The Angel cannot protect himself, and cannot select the same person two nights in a row. If that person is the Vampire's target for the night, he is protected and does not get eaten. If the Master Vampire attempts to convert that target, the conversion fails and use of that power is lost. If the Master Vampire attempts to convert the Angel, the Master Vampire dies. Note that the Angel is not notified when the Vampires attempt to attack the target of his protection - when the villagers wake up in the morning and find that no one died that night, it is possible that the Vampire's target was the Elf (see below) and not the one protected by the Angel.
Seer - each night, the Seer PMs me the name of someone he wishes to sense. He will then be told exactly what role that person has. If the person he senses is one of the Lovers, he will not sense that part, only his actual role. If the person he senses is a converted vampire, he will only sense that he is a vampire, not the person's original role.
Cupid and the Lovers - On the first night, Cupid will send me a PM with the name of two other people he has selected as the Lovers. He is allowed to choose himself as one of the Lovers. If one of the pair should die, then the other one will die (of grief) as well. In the event that one of the lovers is a vampire and the other is not, then the non-vampiric lover become a de-facto member of their team, siding with them to help his partner win, and he does not have to be killed off or converted for the vampires to win.
Priest - once during the game, the Priest can resurrect someone that has already been killed. He cannot resurrect someone who was a vampire, as vampires turn to dust upon death and leave behind no corpse to bring back to life. The person resurected resumes the same role he had. A resurrected Seer can continue to sense someone each night, a resurrected Assasssin will take someone else to the grave with him the next time he dies, etc. The only exception is Cupid, who does not get to pick another set of lovers.
Assassin - upon his death, the Assassin strikes out, taking someone else to the grave with him. He is the only one whose role is publically revealed upon death, when he picks a target.
Necromancer - able to talk to the dead, the role of everyone else who dies will be revealed to him, and he can continue to communicate with them (via secret means - PMs, Y!M, etc) so they can, if they wish, pass along whatever information they had before they died. Note that as ghosts, they can continue to lie if they wish. If he is converted, he loses the ability to sense what each person's role was when they die, however he can continue talking to their spirits! The ghosts might therefore have good reason to be careful what they tell him.
Elf - due to his cloak ability, the Vampires will not be able to find him if they select him as their target for the night, and they do not get to pick a new target either. The Elf can still be converted, however, and he can also still be lynched of killed by the Assassin.
Guardian - each morning, the village guardian "protects" one of the villagers by locking him in his own home! That person cannot be lynched that day, and cannot be targetted by the Assassin or any other daytime events either. He cannot participate in any discussions for the duration of that day, although he can still cast a vote in the lynching (by shouting the name from his window). The protected person does not know who it is that locked him up. Similar to the Angel, the Guardian cannot select himself, and cannot select the same person two days in a row.
Cowboys - two of the villagers are the ones that tend to the local herds. They have no other special powers, but the years of working together ever day was enough so that they fog which has erased everyone's memory was not able to completely elimate their knowledge of who their partner is. They start the game off knowing the identity of the other one, and therefore knowing that other player is not a vampire. Although he could be converted later. Or the lover of one of them.

The Bad Guys
Vampires - this time around, there are three regular vampires (in addition to the Master, for four total). They start off knowing who each other are, and each night confir in secret to select a target. If their target is the Elf, they cannot find him, and no one dies that night. If their target is protected by the Angel, they cannot approach him, and once again no one dies that night.
Master Vampire - the ringleader of the Vampires, the Master has the additional ability to convert one of the other villagers to their side, transforming that person into a vampire as well. Once during the game, at night, the Master can select who he wishes to convert. If that target is protected by the Angel that night, the conversion fails and use of the power lost. If that target is the Angel himself, the Master Vampire dies for the attempt, and if the target is the Priest, then they both die. In all other cases, the target becomes a vampire, losing any other special powers he had (except for the Necromancer, see above).

Remember, its perfectly acceptable to lie within the context of the game, about what role you are (or are not) or whatever reasons you have for wanting to lynch a particular person.

Now, as I said at the start I think we all know how to play, so lets get started! I am PM'ing roles out as soon as I'm done with this post - the first things that need to happen after that are for Cupid to pick the Lovers, for the Vampires to select a target, and for the Angel to pick someone to protect. In order to try and keep things moving at a decent speed, I will normally set a time limit of two days for each nighttime phase, and three days for each daytime phase. Good luck and have fun!

#2 gothador_sephidroth

gothador_sephidroth
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2005 - 12:34

All the messages with people's roles have been sent out, if you didn't get yours for some reason let me know.

The game starts with the falling of the first night. Things that need to happen:
Cupid - PM me the names of the two lovers
Angel - let me know who your wish to protect
Seer - let me know who you wish to sense
Vampires - plot, and pick a target, you have two "real" days to PM me the name of your first victim

#3 gothador_sephidroth

gothador_sephidroth
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2005 - 07:53

Rules update and clarification:

A couple points to be made clear, concerning who will know what if the vampires pick a target that they cannot kill.

If the vampires pick as their target the person protected by the angel that night, then the angel will sense that his shield was hit by the vampires. So the angel will know that the person he protected was their target, and the vampires will know that their target was protected. The target himself, however, will not know that he was the one they attempted to kill, or that he was protected.

If the vampires attempt to come after the elf, then the elf will know they were looking for him, and the vampires will know they couldn't find him because he was the elf.

In the morning, the rest of the village will know if the vampires attempted to kill the elf (but not who the elf is) because the village will have been ransacked in their searching for him. If there was no death that night and the village is not ransacked, then it means they either attempted to kill the target of the angels protection, or did not attempt to kill anyone that night (which can happen if they miss the deadline for sending me a PM of who their target is).

One other thing to clarify about the elf: you can leave whatever hints you want, but only the elf can publicaly make the claim "I am the elf", proving it by lowering his hood to show his pointy ears. Since by nature of his power he cannot be killed by the vampires in the night anyway, he is probably a bit safer in doing this that some of the other roles - but also note that he can still be converted!

#4 gothador_sephidroth

gothador_sephidroth
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2005 - 22:07

The sun rises ... all is quiet as the villagers each wake up in their homes ... still no one has any memories of anything from before last night, but the memories of the night itself seem to have stayed, so at least there is hope that whatever happens now will not also be forgotten. This hope is darkened by the discovery that one of the villagers did not emerge safely from his home however. A quick search, and the body of Grimgrot is discovered, drained of all blood and having been feasted upon by the vampires. Near his body is a cauldron, empty but with a stain of blood still upon its rim, and warm from a fire recently used to heat it.

It is now morning, and the first thing the surviving villagers need to do is elect a Mayor. Put forth your votes now, this phase will last two days or until a majority is reached. At any time before the voting ends you can change your vote as well.

#5 gothador_kareena

gothador_kareena
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2005 - 22:59

OOC:
Sephidroth;
Could you please place a strike through the players name on the 1st post when someone dies? Maybe even list how they died ect- kinda like MrPointy did during the 1st game. I found that incredibly helpful! Thanks :D

IC:
I am unsure who to elect for Mayor yet; hopefully we can discuss this more during a town meeting.

#6 gothador_snap

gothador_snap
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2005 - 23:25

I don't know much about mayoring, but I do know this: whoever we elect must be willing and able to give their all in leading the hunt for these vampires. I suggest someone who is mighty in combat, but due to the memory loss that seems to be affecting us all I can't recall who might be a good candidate. For the moment I'm going to withhold my vote until more people speak up, and I can see who might be able to take the fight to the vampires.

#7 gothador_ayla

gothador_ayla
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:05

Okay, time to pick a mayor. We don't have the luxory of picking somebody who was a failed target, so it's just pin the tail on the donkey time. Question is, who wants to be the donkey?

#8 nukleardog

nukleardog

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:11

Hmmm well I suggest we elect someone who will be level headed and not jump to conclusions.

#9 gothador_ayla

gothador_ayla
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:16

Hmmm well I suggest we elect someone who will be level headed and not jump to conclusions.

I suggest somebody that is not a vampire, and somebody that can't be converted.

#10 nukleardog

nukleardog

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:20

Well if you know who the angel is for some reason :P

#11 gothador_ayla

gothador_ayla
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:22

Well, I'd ask the angel to speak up, but seriously doubt he or she would do so.

#12 nukleardog

nukleardog

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:27

Perhaps we should vote on the mayor based on who is going to be here most of the time?

#13 gothador_ayla

gothador_ayla
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:29

Perhaps we should vote on the mayor based on who is going to be here most of the time?

Butters did pretty decently last time.

#14 nukleardog

nukleardog

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:31

Yeah, but Butters was a vampire too or so everyone accused her of being converted.

#15 gothador_kareena

gothador_kareena
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:32

Hmm, I'm here alot of the time...

But then again, having a future-telling book would be incredibly helpful as well... 8)

#16 gothador_ayla

gothador_ayla
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:34

Yeah, but Butters was a vampire too or so everyone accused her of being converted.

Well, of course she was! And whoever we put in as mayor now will probably be converted to a vampire later, if they aren't already one.

Of course, it'd really suck if the vamps just kept killing our mayors. :lol:

Don't get any ideas there fanged 'friends' of ours! :P

#17 nukleardog

nukleardog

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:45

How about we elect DarkDragon88 self proclaimed grave digger ;)

#18 gothador_ayla

gothador_ayla
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:56

How about we elect DarkDragon88 self proclaimed grave digger ;)

Works for me.

#19 gothador_darkdragon8

gothador_darkdragon8
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2005 - 03:04

Woo hoo! Mayor! :D

Oh wait.

And whoever we put in as mayor now will probably be converted to a vampire later, if they aren't already one.

EEP! :shock:

#20 nukleardog

nukleardog

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 03:07

LOL! Evil aren't we :twisted:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font: