VOS II- The Roleplay

• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

#41 gothador_ayla

gothador_ayla
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2005 - 15:35

Hearing no response, Ayla begins to calm down a bit and regain some of her composure. She sees a man approach her.

"Is there a problem madam? My name is Balord, perhaps I can assist you somehow."

Did you do it? The only memories I have are of this day and the only link is my diary. Did you erase my diary?

"Hold on there!" Balord replied. "Im not even sure I KNOW you! Even if I did I can think of no reason I would deface your personal property. I would however be glad to help you look fro the missing peaces of your book...strange though, you said that you can't remember anything much, the same thing seems to have happened to me too. I don't even know the name of thsi village. I was just passing through on my way to...DAMN I don't even know where I was going to! I think maybe we should go inside now however it is very dark out here and something feels off if you know what I mean."

Well, of course something feels off. Obviously, nobody knows who they are, who each other is, or where we are. Everything seems familiar and yet strange. Any links to our past that might pertain somehow to these events have been wiped clean. Who has that kind of power? To just, totally erase anything and everything.

Because of my diary, I know that I have a mother. I do not know who she is, where she lives or even what she looked like.

I believe that this is the town of Stratos. I know that name means something, I don't know why.

Suddenly, Ayla remembers one of the horror books upon her shelves. "The Vampires of Stratos."

Oh my... Is it... No, it can't be, can it?

Ayla thinks for a moment.

Yes, I think we may have some sort of link. Would you care to join me at my home? Maybe you can help me uncover just what exactly is going on here.

#42 Truffle

Truffle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 15:56

Truffle is jolted awake by sounds of yelling from outside, she runs to the window and peers out seeing a woman, who is very upset.

A man walks towards her, talking, but she can't hear what they are saying, she stays hidden behind the curtain, watching, unsure of what is going on and yet still scared to leave her house. Or is it her house at all, she shakes the thought off and continues watching for something familiar, someone, anyone!

#43 gothador_balord

gothador_balord
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2005 - 15:57

"Well certainly if you think that will help. Anything has to be better than standing out here in the dark. By the way, you look familiar, but I can't put a name to your face..."

"Oh, pardon me my name is Ayla."

"Ok then Ayla, let us see if we can unravel this confusion. You wouldn't happen to have anything to drink would you? I could sure use a brace up!"

#44 gothador_tomtom

gothador_tomtom
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2005 - 18:53

Tomtom mopped up the last of his soup with a piece of stale bread, popped it into his mouth and rose to his feet. Slowly chewing the bland tasting morsel, he took one more look around the room.

It was a very strange day. He had woken up at sunrise, feeling very groggy. He had dressed, and made his way to the water pump at the back of the house. It was while he was filling the second jug that the sudden realisation hit him - he had lost his memory. All he knew was his name. And while he couldn't remember anything of the house he was in, he knew it must be familiar since he seemed to know his way around, provided he didn't think about what he was doing.

So, he had spent a good hour or two searching the house, looking for some clues that might jog any memories. There were none. Almost none. There was a single item, in the main room, and his gaze fell upon it again now. It was an ornament, mounted on hooks above the fireplace. Like everything else it was unfamiliar, yet somehow he knew what it was. It was a Terrax sword, and he knew it was very old. The very sight of it sent shivers crawling up his spine, made the hairs on the back of his neck stand on end. He didn't know why, and he found it very unnerving.

He shuddered, turned away from it and went to the front door. He opened it and stood in the frame, looking out at the street. People were milling around, seemingly just as lost and confused as he felt.

He sniffed the cold air. Something felt wrong, very wrong.

He was oblivious to the tiny thought, deep down at the back of his unconscious mind - oh, no, not again...

#45 gothador_ayla

gothador_ayla
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2005 - 19:00

"Ok then Ayla, let us see if we can unravel this confusion. You wouldn't happen to have anything to drink would you? I could sure use a brace up!"

Sure, sure. Come on in. We'll see what we have, anyways.

Ayla opens her door and for a moment just stands there in shock.

I only had one chair, but now.... Now there are two! No matter now. I might as well go get you that drink.

As Ayla walks through the house, she notices she now has two of everything she once had one of. She makes her way to the kitchen, and pulls out two glasses.

I hope tea is okay, she calls from the other room. I'd make us something a bit stronger, but I think we'll need our senses about us tonight. Please, have a seat while I look for the book.

Ayla starts rummaging through the shelves pulling out each book to look at it briefly before putting it back. Finally, she stumbles upon the book she is looking for. Quite literally. As she was walking to another shelf she tripped over Vampires of Stratos.

Vampires of Stratos it reads in large bold print across the top. Reader Beware it warns at the bottom.

Here we go. I've found it. Damned thing hurt my toe too. Ayla giggles quietly and sits in her chair.

Ayla sits quietly in her chair and begins to read. She doesn't notice, at first, the constantly swirling design on the face of the book. She opens up to the first page. A puzzled look crosses her face as she begins to read aloud.

"One by one the inhabitants of Stratos begin to wake up. Ayla wakes up and..." Ayla? That's me. They can't be reading about me certainly! "she checks the mirror for the red necklace seen in her dream." Holy shit! Ayla skims the page quickly now, reading about the experiences of hers, and everyone else's day. So, the woman across the street, she is Roxatha then.

Wait... Listen to this! "Ayla and Ballord fall asleep examining the mysterious book into the early hours of the morning." That hasn't happened yet! This book tells us what is currently going on it appears and yet, it is skipping briefly into the future as well!

[/i]

#46 Cynyth

Cynyth

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 19:14

The villagers seem to have shaken off the night's ill effects, other than this continuing refusal of previously known details to come forth. Searching his modest shack, Cynyth finds nothing which jogs loose memories from before the previous night, as if a dark cloud lies heavily over them. The few objects he finds include a mandolin and the shrine to his ancestors. How he knows these are his ancestors or any other details about them are as dark as his own past. His hands pick up the mandolin and instinctively find their place. The tune brought forth, however, is dark and forboding, so he puts it down quickly.

Outside, the westering sun brings a chill more biting than the mere coming of evening would suppose. Ill things would be out tonight.

#47 nukleardog

nukleardog

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 19:27

After spending a few hours with Roxatha and the others, Nuke finds that no one has any memories.

"If you excuse, me I feel that should be heading somewhere. Perhaps home, or to some where else. I think I need to check out something."

With that Nuke heads back out into the streets as the light starts to die in the sky.

#48 gothador_balord

gothador_balord
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2005 - 20:44

As they enter the house Ayla stops and looks about in some sort of confused shock, looking this way and that.

"I only had one chair, but now.... Now there are two! No matter now. I might as well go get you that drink."

Balord sits in one of the chairs as Ayla makes her way into the kitchen and looks around the room. It seemed a comfortable enough place but by no means extravagant.

"I hope tea is okay, she calls from the other room. I'd make us something a bit stronger, but I think we'll need our senses about us tonight. Please, have a seat while I look for the book."

"Sure, tea would be fine. You're probably right about needing our senses this night." Said Balord.

Ayla returned with the tea and began looking about the house for the book she had mentioned earlier. As she mooves from one shelf to another she stumbles over something and picks it up though Balord could not see exactly what it was.

"Here we go. I've found it. Damned thing hurt my toe too." Ayla giggles quietly and sits in her chair.

As she reads quietly Balord notices a strange constantly swirling design on the face of the book. "Odd..." he thought outload as he watched the somewhat hipnotic patern change...

A puzzled look crosses her face as she begins to read aloud.

"One by one the inhabitants of Stratos begin to wake up. Ayla wakes up and..." Ayla? That's me. They can't be reading about me certainly! "she checks the mirror for the red necklace seen in her dream." Holy poo! Ayla skims the page quickly now, reading about the experiences of hers, and everyone else's day. So, the woman across the street, she is Roxatha then.

Balord's attention leaves the cover of the book and goes to that of Ayla as she continues...

Wait... Listen to this! "Ayla and Ballord fall asleep examining the mysterious book into the early hours of the morning." That hasn't happened yet! This book tells us what is currently going on it appears and yet, it is skipping briefly into the future as well!

"What?! Wait a min...that can't be right...can it? I mean I can't remember much of anything but I don't think I have ever heard of books fortelling future events. Is there more to it, about the future I mean? This must certainly be the strangest moment of my life...of course I can't be sure of that. So should we try and tell the others about this then?"

#49 gothador_darkdragon8

gothador_darkdragon8
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2005 - 21:05

Dark continued to wander aimlessly around the village dispite the warning the woman had shouted at him.

Maybe I should've gone back..... No, I need answers! I have to find out what is going on!

Dark then took a right turn around the corner of a houses. So far he had found the streets to be completely empty and he had tried a few random houses along the way but they were empty ( because the inhabitents were at Rozatha's place but he didn't know that ).

Now in the dark streets he was grateful that he had taken his shovel with him even though he still hadn't much of an idea what he was originally going to do with it.

Tightening his grid on the shovel he then took another right turn at the end of the street...... only to realise he had gone in a complete circle. He then spun around, headed back to were he had taken the right turn and went off down the other way muttering to himslef.

"......need to bring a stupid map.......make one myself....."

#50 ROXATHA

ROXATHA

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Spain

Posted 30 November 2005 - 22:30

The sun was up after several hours and everyone inside her house was safe...

Nuke was the first one that decided to leave, so they open the door, and the horror scene was infront of them...

A drained body was in the middle of the streets....grimgrot's body....

"this si terrible....So terrible...What happend??" Roxatha approched the body..."he he....he has to marks in the neck...and blood marks...What is this about!!!??" Roxatha asked the others...."What creatures can do this?"

#51 gothador_ayla

gothador_ayla
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2005 - 22:32

"What?! Wait a min...that can't be right...can it? I mean I can't remember much of anything but I don't think I have ever heard of books fortelling future events. Is there more to it, about the future I mean? This must certainly be the strangest moment of my life...of course I can't be sure of that. So should we try and tell the others about this then?"

Ayla watches as the words on the page change.

Wait! I see something. The words are changing in a weird way.

"The vampires picked their target for this night. Grimgot's life has been forsaken. As the sun in the horizon begins to rise, his body is found."

It goes on to detail the hunt and the chase. Where is Grimgot? Who is Grimgot?

I don't usually admit this to anyone, but I'm scared.

#52 gothador_maxie

gothador_maxie
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2005 - 22:41

Maxie left her hut cautiously, scared of what was out there. She saw a crowd gather around and slipped closer to see what they had found. Her eyes widened as she saw the sick sight and she retched at the blood. She hated seeing spilled blood....and now Grimgrot's body lay before her. She turned away and collapsed onto her knees, near vomiting.

As she knelt, she heard another woman...Roxatha she thought the woman was called...wonder what could cause this. A word slipped into her head....vampires, it was vampires that had committed this crime. She stayed kneeling for a few minutes, gathering herself before looking at the sorry picture. She wondered who the vampires would get next...she didn't want to be the next to die.

Glancing around, looking at the faces of the other villagers she didn't know who she could trust, didn't know who would try to kill her. She resolved to stay quiet, to try to survive the vampires.

#53 ROXATHA

ROXATHA

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Spain

Posted 30 November 2005 - 22:53

Roxatha was looking at the just found dead body, when a a Plom! was hear...A woman has fall on her knees...She might be sick of seeing the blood..

Roxatha went closer to her..."Take it easy....Sorry I don't remember your name...But Take it easy..." she said to the new woman she saw...

"can someone please give her some water..." she asked the others..."Don't worry...we will find what happend here..."

She look at the others faces...She knew that something wierd was going on here...and they need to find the answers soon

#54 gothador_kareena

gothador_kareena
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2005 - 22:54

Morning approached...

Shaking off the aches of sleeping in a chair all night; Kareena prepared to leave the hut with Roxatha. Whipping around quickly, Kareena rushed over as she heard Roxatha scream!

Kareena surveyed the horror in the street with quiet terror. Those marks, all that blood.... It could only mean Vampires were loose in this town.

Acting on pure instinct, Kareena rushed to the center of town and rang the huge brass bell that hung in front of what she thought was the courthouse.

"We must gather together! We need to discover who did this and rid our town of them!" Kareena yelled out to anyone who was nearby. "We need to gather and elect a leader! A Mayor, you could say."

The only thought in her mind is that there were safety in numbers; and that this evil must be dealt with swiftly.

#55 nukleardog

nukleardog

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 23:50

Nuke was stopped momentarily by the sight of the body, and everyone's reactions seemed on the verge of panic. Someone needed to say something.

"Everyone please let's remain calm, I know that the presence of vampires in our town would be normally frightening. Combined with our apparent memory loss this can be down right terrifying if we let it." As Nuke is speaking he has a sudden bit of inspiration "We are strong together as a town, and we can work together to overcome this dilemma. Kareena, has made an excellent suggestion. A leader should help direct us in this time of need. We should gather everyone together and decide who should lead."

#56 gothador_balord

gothador_balord
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2005 - 23:59

As Balord waits for Ayla to say something sounds of some sort of comotion can be heard from the town square.

Ayla watches as the words on the page change.

Wait! I see something. The words are changing in a weird way.

"The vampires picked their target for this night. Grimrot's life has been forsaken. As the sun in the horizon begins to rise, his body is found."

It goes on to detail the hunt and the chase. Where is Grimrot? Who is Grimrot?

I don't usually admit this to anyone, but I'm scared.

"You're scared....I'm...hearing bells? Did you hear that bell ringing?" Balord asked. As Ayla nodded he added, "I think we should check this out."

#57 gothador_darkdragon8

gothador_darkdragon8
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2005 - 00:15

DING DING DING!!!

Dark awoke with a start. After a wasted night's search he had found his way back to the place he though was his home, only to catch less than 3 hours sleep. Still wearing the clothes for yesterday Dark ran outside towards were the racket was coming from. He reached a large crowed of panic stricken people just in time to hear a woman he didn't recognise shout out to the crowd.

"We must gather together! We need to discover who did this and rid our town of them! We need to gather and elect a leader! A Mayor, you could say."

A mayor? That's what this is about? Why would these people be so panicky about that? Something else must have happened.

Trying to make his way through the crowd he nearly bumped into someone carrying a glass of water. He watched as the drink was passed to a pale faced woman on the ground and then he saw reason for the panic pass her down the street. Without a doubt that man was dead.

"Holy s***!"

Looking at the body not only did fear wash over him he now had rememberd what the shovel was for.

He was the village gravedigger and he had a very strong feeling that there would be many more graves to be dug from now on.

#58 nukleardog

nukleardog

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 00:34

Personally I think we should do something with the body instead of standing around in the open around it.

He turns to DarkDragon88

Will you help me carry him out of the open? Perhaps someplace we can bury him?

#59 Truffle

Truffle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 00:58

Truffle hears the commotion going on outside and grabs her coat and runs to the door, opening it to see what's going on.....

There's a dead body on the ground, "What is going on", she yells at the crowd......

#60 nukleardog

nukleardog

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 01:06

"Please there is no need to shout, I can hear you just fine." Nuke says turning to the new voice "Vampires have attacked and drained the life from one of the villagers."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: