Vampires of Stratos III - The Vampire Wars (roleplay)

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#41 gothador_fornicanus

gothador_fornicanus
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2005 - 16:03

*not wanting to drink ale and celebrate that someone with no more memory than him is the mayor he goes home and looks at his bookself, pulling down books at random and flipping through them a page falls out and lands in his lap, upon looking at it it seems to be a map of the village and with evryones names listed on there proper houses,but for some reason the names are blured out not only on paper but in his mind as well bah this is useless he thinks and sets it down and begins looking at other books,a red book bound in silver is behind the other ones and he opens it, on the inside cover it says
"property of Zeddicus"
and theres a date that must be a few years old,half of the book is ripped out but the first showing pages says
"june 11th,these dreams keep causeing sleep to fail me i fear that there is something more to do with these than i first thought"
apparently its a journal,he begins writing in it hoping to jog his memory*

#42 gothador_ayla

gothador_ayla
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2005 - 16:32

Ayla followed the group of villagers. As they called out names for a maoyr, she numbly repeated someone else. Ayla trusted nobody, but clearly she needed to trust somebody.

Ayla watched as one panicked and over reacted. She knew that frayed mind wouldn't be much of a help in this hunt.
That man is even more dangerous than the vampires, she thinks to herself. He doesn't care whether we lynch a human or not just as long as somebody gets lynched. He believes everybody to be a vampire. With a mentality like that, we're going to lose all of our innocents fast!

And to the totally opposite extreme, we have our newly elected mayor whose first priority seems to be finishing off that bottle of wine. He seems to be completely disinterested in leading this group.

Ayla obverves the many people saying that they need to be careful and lynch a vampire, and yet, the only one to put forth anyone's name is the paranoid one. Nobody seems willing to even open a discussion that could lead to the bloodsucking creatures, other than to say we need to kill them.

Ayla attempted to overcome her inherant shyness as she walked calmly around the room, introducing herself to her peers. One by one, she was attempting to get them to talk to her. Hellos, I'm Ayla, she'd say. I'm sure you don't know me as I don't know you. I do know that somehow, we all need to band together to rid this town of the vermin.

After Ayla had introduced herself to everyone in the room, she stood at the front of the tavern, near their new mayor, to address everyone at once. Her stomach was a bundle of nerves as she spoke, nervousness and fear were wreaking through her body.

Most of us are here with the same common goal. To be rid of the vampires. However, how do we know who the vampires are when we don't even know who we are? We need to take some time, only an hour or so, to get to know each other, and ourselves. Knowledge is the enemy of the vampire. They don't want us to know anything about ourselves, or each other. They want us to be scared and afraid, because that's how we will fall victim to their plotting.

This is a game to them. For us, it is our lives. They are the hunters, we are the prey. We've got to outwit them, outsmart them and out manuever them at every corner. They will try to spread lies, and misinformation and paranoia in any way that they can. They want us to be scared because if we are scared, we aren't thinking clearly! If we are scared, then we will do their jobs for them and kill each other off. Don't allow fear to engage your mind. Work past it.

If we each go after the vampires on our own, we will fail! We must work together in this endeavor. While many in this room are looking at me and thinking of me as tonight's midnight snack, not everyone is. Overcome the paranoia and band together. It's our only chance!

Ayla goes to the central table and pulls as many chairs around it as she can fit then sits down, expecting and hoping for others to join her.

#43 Truffle

Truffle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 16:43

Truffle looks up, hearing a voice from the tavern bar, it's the one they call Ayla speaking. She gives a speech as the mayor himself finishes off his glass of wine.

Ayla then walks over to a table and sits. Truffle raises up, saying excuse me to the two other people at the table and goes over to Ayla and sits.

May I sit here? Truffle asks not waiting for an answer and taking a seat at the table.

She glances around the room to see who else is willing to join in and help.

#44 gothador_fornicanus

gothador_fornicanus
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2005 - 16:44

*after finishing his entry he looks for something to drink and damn him to hell he cant find anything to save his life so he walks on down the the tavern and looks around he notices a fairly empty table and sits down while looking for some way to get a drink*

#45 gothador_ayla

gothador_ayla
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2005 - 17:16

"May I sit down" the young woman asked. Without waiting for a reply, she sits down with Ayla. Ayla nods her head in consent and welcomes everyone else to join them.

Please, Ayla says invitingly. Introduce yourself. What do you think we can do to get rid of the vamps and survive this situation?

#46 gothador_ghosten

gothador_ghosten
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2005 - 20:04

Lingering in my corner I find myself able to reflect better on what was occurred in a matter of moments. Settling down my mug of ale on the table I watch the mist of bubbles rise to the top forming a small head on top of the brew.

'Much like the ale, I'll wait to see how this settles before voicing my thoughts, much of the sheep here will not last five minutes without the council of someone with intellect. And I refuse to let myself fall victim to these cretins, but as they say... Do not underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.'

My thoughts disturbed by a homely young lass, the top of my hood covering majority of my sight I can only see her apron.

"Can I get you anything, sir?" she says in a cheery voice.

"Just top up my ale..." reaching into my sleeve I pull out a few silver pieces and place them on the table as she refills my mug from a pitcher, "I remember when a couple of bob would get you a decent meal and beer, a bed and tavern wench." Looking up slightly from beneath my hood I catch her cheeks turn rosy-pink as she scooped up the money and flittered away.

'Back to welcome solitude'

I roll my shoulders to loosen my joints as I take a long draught of my ale, ponderously hoping a bar fight will occur from all this talk.

#47 Cynyth

Cynyth

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 20:28

Sitting at the bar, Cynyth sips his tea redolent with mint. Xade continues his ranting about vampires everywhere, then he chooses a suspect.

"Perhaps with his illness, xade is not as affected by this mental fog as the rest of us," Cynyth suggests, "I second his choice." Other names are put forth. He returns to his cup after seeing a serving girl blush and scurry away from the hooded gentlemen in the corner, but then is startled by one who pronounces his name, and nearly chokes on a mouthful of tea.

"Lynch him." The name kareena suggests itself for the lady now standing with her finger pointed toward him.

"Nearly selected for mayor this morning, and now suggested for death? Whence comes this incongruity?" Cynyth asks.

#48 gothador_xade

gothador_xade
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2005 - 23:17

Sitting, staring out my window at the bar across the street...

The rooftop

Look at them sitting over there. The dark queen and her minions. Look at them crowd around, the chocolate one, the drummer.

the rooftop

I wonder if she knows her power? She's already brushed aside the un-ordered.

the roo...

And with-in second I had climbed to the roof of my house.

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER.

I call you out!

I'm sure you want to know who I am. Let me save you the trouble.

Tonight I am a dead man. I don't want to die.

Seek me out.

--And with that I colapsed.

#49 nukleardog

nukleardog

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 02:33

Nuke passes out again and misses most of the discussion on who to lynch.

#50 gothador_chaotix

gothador_chaotix
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2005 - 07:54

Chao shook his head as he realized that they had lynched an unsuspecting villager, but what choice did the villagers have? He had been out for the past 24 hours at a trip out of town to determine whether or not this had been happening to other villages but someone had run after him and urged him back halfway before his trip. Now a villager lay dead.

#51 gothador_darkdragon8

gothador_darkdragon8
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2005 - 12:52

Dark had tried not to join the crowd's.... 'Discussion' in choosing a victim, although the second he one of the villagers hinted that he could be a vamp he had hastily chosen himself to avoid the village's paranoia. It was the safest bet that he wouldn't end up in murdering a fellow villager.

Next time if there isn't any good leads on who is a vampire I'm soooo going to hang that one called Xade. He's.... unstable. To him everyone is a vampire and I wouldn't be surprised if he starts attacking everyone with stakes, garlic and all that rubbish...... I wonder, does that stuff actually work on vampires?

After hanging onto that thought for a while Dark shrugged, there was no way of knowing without trying it on a vampire. Also the prospect of facing a vampire armed with wooden stakes, garlic and small crosses, only to find out they don't work, sent a cold chill down his back.

After having these thoughts he returned to his journal, turned over to a new page and began reading again. So far there hadn't been much useful information but it had answered a few questions. Could the answer to all his questions be in here? Or is he just wasting his time? Only time will tell.

#52 Truffle

Truffle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 15:09

Truffle had been sitting at the table with Ayla and a few others and we had talked about who we felt were responsible for the deaths of Maxie and Nadat. Sudden deaths at that with no clue on why they were victims.

As she sat sipping her coffee, she heard all names thrown out on who should be lynched next. She heard the mention of grimgrot at her own table and listened to discussions on why everyone thought he may be a vampire. As she listened carefully, she came to the conclusion that she too would vote to lynch grimgrot.

I vote to lynch grimgrot as well, she stated.

After all the commotion of who was to be lynched, grimgrot was taken outside and placed in the noose for hanging. As everyone watched, we were all in shock that grimgrot was an innocent, mere human just like so many of us. We had killed a human and were all wrong about him.

As she stared in disbelief, she wondered once again, would the vampires strike tonight or let this little, once quiet, village alone? Only the silence of night could say.

Truffle walked back into the Tavern, ordering another cup of coffee and sitting back down to where she had sat before, thinking to herself.

How many are out there? Vampires? Humans? Is there any way to tell them apart by their actions, she thought. She looked at everyone around, not letting them know her look was of suspicion, who is who, who is next.

Again, night falls and she tries to figure anything out.

#53 gothador_fornicanus

gothador_fornicanus
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2005 - 15:21

*at first choosing to lynch grimgot and after talking to him deciding know i dont think he is a vamp changes his vote,and then once again choosing him because evryone else did and why prolong his sentace go ahead and get it over with............,after the lynching and seeing that he was indeed human he says "i told you so......"
hoping his actions thus far will gains the real humans trust he goes to his home to write about the days events........*

#54 Cynyth

Cynyth

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 15:31

After kareena sat down from accusing Cynyth, a few of the villagers began to put forth the name of grimgrot. Some of the other villagers who had not up until this point spoke also joined in.

"If it were done, then best it were done quickly." Cynyth spoke, and he quipped to the ladies at the table next to his stool, "I got that from one of my books." Soon the prisoner was bound and taken to the square, there to be hung. His limp body remained after death thus proving his humanity, the creaking of the rope a mocking tone to the mob who had put him up there. As the sun slowly crept lower, the dismayed townspeople fled to their homes or to the tavern from the coming night. And what new horrors would that night bring?

#55 gothador_grimgrot

gothador_grimgrot
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2005 - 16:20

After kareena sat down from accusing Cynyth, a few of the villagers began to put forth the name of grimgrot. Some of the other villagers who had not up until this point spoke also joined in.

"If it were done, then best it were done quickly." Cynyth spoke, and he quipped to the ladies at the table next to his stool, "I got that from one of my books." Soon the prisoner was bound and taken to the square, there to be hung. Her limp body remained after death thus proving her humanity, the creaking of the rope a mocking tone to the mob who had put her up there. As the sun slowly crept lower, the dismayed townspeople fled to their homes or to the tavern from the coming night. And what new horrors would that night bring?

#56 Cynyth

Cynyth

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 16:24

OOC: sorry about that

#57 gothador_grimgrot

gothador_grimgrot
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2005 - 16:30

when you talk about me say her not him her i am a she

#58 gothador_fornicanus

gothador_fornicanus
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2005 - 16:31

OOC- it suprised me too srry grimmy

#59 Truffle

Truffle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 16:32

OOC: I didn't know that either ;) thanks!

#60 gothador_chaotix

gothador_chaotix
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2005 - 11:26

Walking back into town Chao headed not to the tavern but to his favorite tree in the center of the town. It had a split bow down the middle which was the perfect width across for him to sit in.

Springing up the trunk he sat in the notch and stared at the nighttime sky. It was clear tonight and the stars were shining. Slowly he began to sing. The song was deep and melodic, bringing forth images of beauty and grace.

Three dead... and no clear suspects. It was certainly a situation. Letting out a deep breath he finished the song and reached into his cloak for an apple and took a big bite. The next few days would bring confusion and terror, he was sure of that. But for this one night, things were peaceful and calm, and he lost himself in thought as a single star fell across the heavens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: