Photo

New Structure

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 maf22

maf22

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:24

I would like to see a structure that serves as a warning for incoming gvgs.  Maybe the GVG Scout Tower that would warn the guild of an impending conflict and give you a certain # of hours(depending on the level of the tower) to suit up for it..  Most GvG guilds will not favor this but most of them are out there to farm RP from easy half dressed offline targets.  This will kinda level the playing field and also be a nice gold sink.  Gvgs last for 24 hours so the time limit would begin after the warning time period.

So if guild A wants to start a conflict with guild B and guild B has the GVG Scout tower, then guild B would be warned of an incoming gvg and have maybe 1 hour notice before guild A can start to attack. The tower can have multiple levels giving longer time periods of notice, hence a gold sink. Guild B would not be told who guild A is.

#2 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:42

I would like to see a structure that serves as a warning for incoming gvgs.  Maybe the GVG Scout Tower that would warn the guild of an impending conflict and give you a certain # of hours(depending on the level of the tower) to suit up for it..  Most GvG guilds will not favor this but most of them are out there to farm RP from easy half dressed offline targets.  This will kinda level the playing field and also be a nice gold sink.  Gvgs last for 24 hours so the time limit would begin after the warning time period.

So if guild A wants to start a conflict with guild B and guild B has the GVG Scout tower, then guild B would be warned of an incoming gvg and have maybe 1 hour notice before guild A can start to attack. The tower can have multiple levels giving longer time periods of notice, hence a gold sink. Guild B would not be told who guild A is.

LOL - I like - but, as you say, the farming guilds will probably dislike this intensely ;)

However, most farming guilds seems to be bottom feeders and those that they feed on are VERY new to the game and don't have the wherewithal to defend against it - and thus, a "heads-up" wouldn't really benefit them.

Personally, I'd prefer to see the raising of the GvG level so that players have to be Level 75 (or even Level 100) before they are susceptible to being farmed. That solution has been discussed and action promised in the past. 

I've just looked on the roadmap and there are the following 2 action points.

1. Make new players exempt from Guild Conflicts (26th Feb 2014)

Not quite sure what defines "new players" tho ...

2. Guild Conflict Structure (3rd April 2014)

That may or may not be what you had in mind ... 

I still suspect that new players being subjected to repeated GvG farming is a major cause for lack of player retention but that's just my opinion ..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#3 Shadow19231

Shadow19231

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:20

As stated above, it would only prolong the guilds getting farmed. The real problem is these farmers are getting rewarded as if they fought someone who actually fought back. There needs to be a reward only when the team actually strikes back

#4 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:39

As stated above, it would only prolong the guilds getting farmed. The real problem is these farmers are getting rewarded as if they fought someone who actually fought back. There needs to be a reward only when the team actually strikes back

A system that rewards a 50-49 victory far more than a 50-0 victory you mean ? 

Yeah, that would be great - would make GvG guilds fight each other more than just farming those that don't fight back ...

But, as in anything, there's also the potential for abuse - arranged victories / defeats - but that's nothing new in this game. Collusion / Abuse is rapidly become the norm rather than the exception :(

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#5 vlkfenrir

vlkfenrir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:39

If the defending guild would not know who the attacker is (at least lvl ranges) how can they prepare? I do not want to sound pesimistic and I have been out of GvG for a while but as it seems to me the only thing they could do is either buff up with deflect :-S or buff all members with all possible buffs - where is the strategy in it?

#6 Shadow19231

Shadow19231

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:01

A system that rewards a 50-49 victory far more than a 50-0 victory you mean ? 

Yeah, that would be great - would make GvG guilds fight each other more than just farming those that don't fight back ...

But, as in anything, there's also the potential for abuse - arranged victories / defeats - but that's nothing new in this game. Collusion / Abuse is rapidly become the norm rather than the exception :(

There is already abuse going on. It's farming guilds who don't fight back ( and getting fully reward for it). It makes the whole gvg scene uncompetitive and just a fight between who can farm the most, the fastest.

As for this suggestion to work ; make it so that GvG are agreed between two guilds. Not initiated by one and the other is sitting there getting farmed.

My suggestion is to make GvG only pay out (a lot) if the guild fights back, and actually does lose. Farming should not reward like actually winning a fight.

Edited by Shadow19231, 07 January 2014 - 08:08.

#7 insaner6

insaner6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:14

yeah!

and then implent it also on

PvP.

inform the player that is defending of an impenting attack
and wait till the defending players comes back online,
suits up  and then to be attacked.

then also implent it before players level..  so that the creatures in the realms to
be ready for levelers that are coming...

while its an idea,  i believe its a bad idea.
the whole mechanism of the game for so many years
is that if u go offline,  u should be suited up, not having gold in hand
and be prepared for anything to happen...

#8 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:16

There is already abuse going on. It's farming guilds who don't fight back ( and getting fully reward for it). It makes the whole gvg scene uncompetitive and just a fight between who can farm the most, the fastest.

As for this suggestion to work ; make it so that GvG are agreed between two guilds. Not initiated by one and the other is sitting there getting farmed.

My suggestion is to make GvG only pay out (a lot) if the guild fights back, and actually does lose. Farming should not reward like actually winning a fight.

Yeah, my post was, for the most part, in agreement with that ;)

#9 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:00

I think the topic has merit. I have a couple questions on that.

I like the different levels and extra gold for more time but how high will these go?

If you make it up to 24 hours for 24k a hour to keep that level you are going to get a LOT of complaints, in fact people are going to complain that they have to pay to be told they are about to be farmed!

#10 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:05

I was wondering about maybe a opt out for guilds on GvG??? Sort of like the players PvP opt out... Not just sure how that would work though?? Maybe make it as a Fee based idea depending on a Guilds level.

#11 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:09

I was wondering about maybe a opt out for guilds on GvG??? Sort of like the players PvP opt out... Not just sure how that would work though?? Maybe make it as a Fee based idea depending on a Guilds level.

GvG opt-out would KILL GvG - 'cos all those guilds being farmed "mercilessly" would opt-out immediately ..

#12 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:26

GvG opt-out would KILL GvG - 'cos all those guilds being farmed "mercilessly" would opt-out immediately ..

Seems some smaller guilds get slammed more often then not... Maybe make a Exemption for guilds under certain levels.. And have it so a Guild needs to be a certain level before It can start doing GvG... I really don't see much good options for any of it.. Just trying to add some variables... Like a lot of stuff every one has different opinions.... 

#13 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:31

So you're telling me I would now have to not only find enough time to log in and gvg but I have to plan that up to 24 hours in advance?  No way.  Add to that I have to coordinate that attack 24 hours in advance with someone else to help with the conflict?  Virtually impossible for me.  I'm not in a gvg guild and I rarely do conflicts but adding another step to complicate things even more would mean the "farmers" would have an even bigger edge while the everyday players would just ignore gvg.  While you may have good intentions, the effect would be less gvg, not more.

Screenshot everything!

#14 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 January 2014 - 13:25

dropping the amount on one sided fights and it will make farming less desirable giving a advance notice is kinda pointless

#15 maf22

maf22

Posted 07 January 2014 - 14:54

dropping the amount on one sided fights and it will make farming less desirable giving a advance notice is kinda pointless

exactly guilds shouldnt be out there to just farm RP..  where is the merit in hitting unprepared, half naked, players... i mean is that what you really think gvg should be?

#16 maf22

maf22

Posted 07 January 2014 - 15:00

So you're telling me I would now have to not only find enough time to log in and gvg but I have to plan that up to 24 hours in advance?  No way.  Add to that I have to coordinate that attack 24 hours in advance with someone else to help with the conflict?  Virtually impossible for me.  I'm not in a gvg guild and I rarely do conflicts but adding another step to complicate things even more would mean the "farmers" would have an even bigger edge while the everyday players would just ignore gvg.  While you may have good intentions, the effect would be less gvg, not more.

i never gave a max time or level of the tower i think 24 hours is too long.. i log in a lot on my phone during the day and a lot of people only log on a once a day, i would like the ability to be able to prepare for an incoming attack, if i have a chance to log in, instead of coming on line and having a log full of  "you have been defeated in guild conflict"..  maybe 8 hour max of the impending attack maybe 4.. 

#17 maf22

maf22

Posted 07 January 2014 - 15:03

GvG opt-out would KILL GvG - 'cos all those guilds being farmed "mercilessly" would opt-out immediately

i agree..   gvg guilds rarely hit each other, they usually pose too much of  a challenge

#18 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 19:22

No. Making it so that both guilds have to agree to have a conflict would do nothing to stop the guilds from farming. It would just make it a little tougher to find guilds and make agreements with them to farm each other!

The other problem I see which was mentioned a little above would be the wait time. If I want to attack a guild and they have the upgraded structure, then I would have to wait HOURS before I can commence on another hour of GvGing for that one guild. I don't have that kind of time to wait and I bet that is just the same with everyone else.

Sorry, but I see no good coming from this idea of announcing that an attack will be coming. All its going to do is DELAY the farming, not stop it.

#19 Shadow19231

Shadow19231

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:46

No. Making it so that both guilds have to agree to have a conflict would do nothing to stop the guilds from farming. It would just make it a little tougher to find guilds and make agreements with them to farm each other!

The other problem I see which was mentioned a little above would be the wait time. If I want to attack a guild and they have the upgraded structure, then I would have to wait HOURS before I can commence on another hour of GvGing for that one guild. I don't have that kind of time to wait and I bet that is just the same with everyone else.

Sorry, but I see no good coming from this idea of announcing that an attack will be coming. All its going to do is DELAY the farming, not stop it.

You know, a guild vs  guild SHOULD mean more than whoever wins gets currency to spend. In every other game besides fallen sword, when two guilds fight it means there is a problem between the two. When they fight, they prove who is better. To the best of their ability, at least. Show who's right / won.

The bottom line is money. As long as GvG is about currency nobody will take it serious. It's just a contest between who can farm who the most, and fastest

Edited by Shadow19231, 08 January 2014 - 04:52.

#20 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 18:45

You know, a guild vs  guild SHOULD mean more than whoever wins gets currency to spend. In every other game besides fallen sword, when two guilds fight it means there is a problem between the two. When they fight, they prove who is better. To the best of their ability, at least. Show who's right / won.

The bottom line is money. As long as GvG is about currency nobody will take it serious. It's just a contest between who can farm who the most, and fastest

News flash! Fallen Sword isn't LIKE every other game! If every single game had the same setup and just a different name, would you play it all the time? I think not, you would get bored. 

"The bottom line is money." - Yes. Is that a problem? No.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: