• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Lostdog

Lostdog

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:48

Can there be an update that stops players who just sit on the ladder and get tokens without ever doing a single hit. I find it unfair that players are wasting stamina buffing and attacking players to gain higher spots on the ladder but yet a player who just sits there can get tokens for free. Meanwhile some of those players who sit and do nothing also like to bounty every ladder hit you attack them with, which is a load of B.S. if you ask me. Can we please either update the ladder so you have to hit at least one player to gain the reward or at least make it so you can't bounty a ladder hit? Not being able to bounty a ladder hit is what many players want and would solve this issue.

#2 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:21

Ladder_jump_pool.gif

- ladder hits should not be bounty-able

- no "sleeping on the ladder"

#3 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:56

It should be changed so that if a player bounties a ladder hit, they themselves can be bountied. After they lose enough levels they'll think twice about doing it again. <<< That's pvp. Pillow fights without risk: not pvp. If you're scared to get bountied you shouldn't be on the pvp ladder. 

#4 Lostdog

Lostdog

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:48

Bounties for ladder hits don't bother me, it's the players who bounty every hit and refuse to hit anyone themselves but yet still gain the reward for being a "winner" on the pvp ladder while essentially doing nothing.

#5 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:26

still a firm believer ladder hits should be bounty-able! i've never once posted a ladder hit but i could see the need for it if someone got overzealous with their mouth or did something i don't agree with. Removing Bounties from the ladder basically turns it into a single player GvG may as well remove xp loss as well.

IF your going to insist on no bounties I feel hits should be every 10-15 minutes on the laddder vs every hour.

BACK to the original topic....I thought this had been resolved...a player must attack at least 1 time to recieve tokens i thought?

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#6 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 13:55

....I thought this had been resolved...a player must attack at least 1 time to recieve tokens i thought?

needing just one hit to obtain tokens is a joke.. 

#7 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 January 2014 - 14:26

To me looks like the whole Ladder is a joke.. I see the same people get it every time... I have  wondered why the PvP points get reset??? Every game I have played that had PvP the points never got reset...

#8 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 28 January 2014 - 14:47

needing just one hit to obtain tokens is a joke.. 

You're right, but some players opt into the ladder to solely sit there. They take their one hit from someone else, and that's that. I know the person Lost is talking about, but that same person also states that they will bounty certain hits anyway. 

It's an annoyance, but I still believe PVP ladder hits should be bountyable, but as Bleltch mentioned, the person bountying should also be bountyable. Since the game already delineates between GVG/PVP/Ladder hits, I believe that allowing bounties to be classified as PVP Ladder vs Normal attack. If it's a PVP ladder bounty placed, then the person who placed should also be allowed to be bountied. 

#9 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 15:19

how do you regulate a system like that? if they post all your hits, are you able to bounty them just as many times? that doesn't solve the problem of squatters..  that just makes a joke outta the pvp ladder even more. we both opt'd in a pvp tournament, why is there a need or want for posting bountys? fight your own battles

still a firm believer ladder hits should be bounty-able! i've never once posted a ladder hit but i could see the need for it if someone got overzealous with their mouth or did something i don't agree with. 

can't handle that problem yourself? gotta call in for reinforcements  :huh:

thankfully HCS has agreed to take away the ability to bounty ladder hits.. now we just have to wait for the change according to the developer roadmap

.. i'll bet we could get rid of squatters by upping the hits needed to receive possible token rewards and make it so they actually have to win those attacks.. i'm thinking more around 5 or more wins are needed to receive any amount of tokens

#10 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 21:35

Lot of nasty thoughts floating around in here,,,

"I am on the ladder because someone has to be" Thats in my bio but it seems like people dont understand what that means.

If only one person opts in they do not get medal ticks OR tokens for the "1st place" Unless someone does at least one attack nobody gets tokens. 

I got my gold dom medal a while ago and stay here so others have someone to compete with as,, see above,, if not then nobody would.

By the nature of ladder I opt into a new one each time with no idea how many if any will also be opted in, ill take a second to say opting in was a big mistake and why theres these problems with activity in the ladder now. Long and short the player who opted in took the required risk, the result of lackluster activity and low participation isnt the players fault!

I am opted into the same ladder when theres one other guy who wins by doing one 10 stam as when I am opted into a ladder with 5 others and we actually fight for it, with the way ladder is anymore id say most of the folks you are talking about arent in it for "free tokens" (which is funny since they are still being hit on pvp ladder whether its 1 guy hitting once for 10 or 7 hitting for 100s thats not the player who opted in's fault!)

The haters who are all in a twist over people opting in and participating in ladder whether its constant hits over 24 hours or one hit is only the problem of those opted,, the complainers who arent even opted in should cash the check they are writing and opt in and fight!

As the no bounty for ladder hits was submitted and approved a while ago its just a matter of time before that fix is sceduled to be done,, thats already handled. The real problem now is activity and I would suggest more ways to get people to play it!!! No bountys will help a bit but another round of token rewards, more rewards and maybe even a new medal just for time opted in would bring in more people and then you will have more action!

#11 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2014 - 14:21

Old pvp rating system was better imo... this comes from someone who basically stopped pvping when they changed it to ladder, and has only done hits to back up guild members/friends since.

HINT: Only reason I'm basically a pure leveler is that the PvP from BEFORE was FUN.... I got my rating up to almost 1400 as a noob when I joined FS... ( think it was 1370 something then started getting OWNED... LOL) and I was just screwing around.... How does pvp rating have to get reset because some cried "it wasnt fair" yet some work their butts off to get gvg rating up? You pvp a lot you get pvped a lot. People who got knocked below 1,000 got hit less unless they had a lot of gold... more fair than what we have now imo.

(CUE RANT)

The natural course of OLD pvp was you get hit a few times no one who heavy pvps touches you aside from gold hits because rating was too low to even bother.... how is that any different from NOW???

TBH.... I have no interest in pvp as it is now. Its a total who knows the most EOC peeps to buff on ladder and has the least amount of things to do IRL on ladder imo anyhow....

This whole ladder thing with opt in was a bad idea.... and we ALL know HCS wont reverse it now that its been like this.

Literally sad that people still get poked about as much as pre ladder, yet because the imaginary "opt-in" thing doesnt change the fact that you still get hit just as much as before if you're a moron who is derping around with a lot of gold.

I literally can sit with 8 digits of gold and not even worry about being hit for 5-6 hours.... increase pvp range at higher levels like they do GvG... theres like 8 people on in past week in my range...and the ones who are never pvp.

Anyhow... to put it short... pvp as it is compared to before is so lacking.... *sigh* If there was one thing aside from 1 account per IP I'd ask for it would be scrap ladder and go to old pvp pre-2010 exactly as it was. No deflect bounty no ladder crap with ladder bounties to be a cheap shot because you're mad and/or getting beat by someone better.

Its going to take all the pvpers contacting each other to get on the forums to shout about the way PvP is to get cows attention. Its always two here three there pointing out issues with PvP.... Maybe organize a day where all the pvpers get on forums and take over the FS section? Valentine's Day would be funny... Show your love for pvp and call for old school pvp on FS forums on Feb 14th. :P

Edited by Gutie, 30 January 2014 - 14:22.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#12 maf22

maf22

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:28

being on the ladder is not participation actually using stam and swinging is.. 

Players should have to participate to get the rewards

i cant sit around in the world map with resource finder and hop my BP fills up by itself, they shouldnt be able to sit there and receive rewards for nothing

#13 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:21

Speaking of rewards, wasnt there gonna be another set of gear and even bound pots??

I think content is going to be 2x the highest level gear available for tokens,, this could be one reason at least for 1000 and up for lack of activity, theres nothing to make. Giving us another round like the first one, that pvpers would really use would also attract more activity.

And I disagree with the notion that I can REMAIN opted in,, without knowing who ill be dealing with the next round, take hits be it one 10 stam from one other guy or 100s from 2-3,, more than that and I get interested in seeing if I can beat them,, either way are you saying people who didnt win didnt lose anything??? I sandbag my level growth by staying in pvp ladder and still lose at least a level each reset,,,,, I didnt participate? I didnt earn 3rd??? 

At least one person made at least one attack that counted,,usually its more

Im not sitting here naked if I dodge,,, and I do,, I get 2nds and even 1sts! Its sometimes more enjoyable than attacking.

And yes I get a day where I decide ill take first this time, or someone has gotten a bit out of hand with the 100s compared to rating gain and I got to pound them for a day but otherwise im just waiting for the ladder to get exciting enough to fight over again!

Im not receiving rewards for nothing, im receiving them for participating :)

Edited by watagashi, 31 January 2014 - 10:25.

#14 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 January 2014 - 13:18

how do you regulate a system like that? if they post all your hits, are you able to bounty them just as many times? that doesn't solve the problem of squatters..  that just makes a joke outta the pvp ladder even more. we both opt'd in a pvp tournament, why is there a need or want for posting bountys? fight your own battles

can't handle that problem yourself? gotta call in for reinforcements  :huh:

thankfully HCS has agreed to take away the ability to bounty ladder hits.. now we just have to wait for the change according to the developer roadmap

.. i'll bet we could get rid of squatters by upping the hits needed to receive possible token rewards and make it so they actually have to win those attacks.. i'm thinking more around 5 or more wins are needed to receive any amount of tokens

Can't handle myself? RJ I think you've forgotten who you actually still play the game with. I smash well above my level and have no fear of the lost levels. Not a personal attack like EVERY comment you make towards my posts seems to be.(but whatever it is what it is). I will and always have fought my own battles. But as always there are times that people break a general code of PvP(double dipping, trash talking, Bountying the BH'r,etc) and require a good stomping. it does still take more than 1 player to rip 5 lvls.(im sure some want that changed too).

Now back to the topic at hand. Bounties should be allowed on  the ladder.....I know cows have agreed to change it,....Does that change the fact that they're making the PvP ladder even more of a pillow fight? No. Now you say you want a minimum of 5x hits for any credit on ladder to count? So you're saying you want me to smash the same player 5x because there is generally 1-2 players per ladder....JUST to get any credit for my wins?

I still say if cows go thru with non-bountyable PvP hits on ladder then at least give us more chances to hit...every 10-15 min would work. OR 2x xp loss....since you're opting in to pvp while avoiding ALL risk after all

As for new gear/potions. I think its a brilliant idea

Edited by DomCorvis, 31 January 2014 - 13:23.

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#15 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 22:40

Id like to address the suggestion to make people do a number of hits to qualify in pvp ladder. While not a bad idea its not really going to change anything nor fix what this thread seems to be addressing.

Currently if nobody does at least one attack nobody gets tokens or placement (we tried a while ago for a laugh and a 5 way tie for first does not count!)

So I see nothing wrong with making everyone who participates do at least one attack. The problem is you are just going to complain that I only did one and got "free tokens" then!! And after another post maybe it will go to 5,, maybe 10 a reset,, maybe we should be hitting every hour in order to make sure the folks sitting in the stands watching from a safe distance think we earned our pay,,, are you not entertained??

Just be ready for me to make a connection between making pvpers work through the whole reset and guilds leaving a titan out after they got the secure %,,, while we are on the tip of forcing players to qualify I think levelers should not be allowed to pass an area untill they attack every champ and elite at least once :)

Ill wrap this up with a couple suggestions to increase activity which is really what the problem is,, lately my band has been strong but a couple months ago and I was the free 2nd that made it so #1 was able to play and a couple times I was the one and only that didnt get tokens or medal ticks for being the one guy who did opt in.

The gear and pots we talked about a few times and mentioned above,, new stuff always brings more activity

more often to attack,, I know this sounds backwards on a thread about how lame activity on ladders is but consider that you only have the chance to hit 24-48 times each reset (and its not counting deflect!) its a pretty limited window for something like this! I think increasing hits to every 20min would help a lot to bring in players who may not be able to keep up with the major commitment of hourly hits to keep up but could contend by doing 10 or so over a couple hours. It will intensify the ladder and become more than a contest of whos deflect is more lucky which sadly is what it ends up being most of the time with lots of long nights and lost sleep waiting another hour to do that last hit to get you into #1

One final radical idea I think is perfect for this,,, participation tokens!! yes take exactly what this post complains about and implement it! Give anyone with the guts to opt in a token, make a new set of tokens and maybe even use those for the pots that had been discussed!!! Long and short give everyone something for participating and make rewards for that and you will see much more activity! 

Edited by watagashi, 31 January 2014 - 22:42.

#16 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:46

For me:

About bountying ladder hits:
- You`re allowed to post Ladder hits, BUT if you bounty a Ladder hit, you can be bountyed back even without hitting.

About rewards/don't hitting on Ladder:
- You don`t receive tokens without hitting, unless there is only members of your own guild on the ladder range (that's not your fault if no one else have the wish/guts to join).
- If you`re on the ladder without doind any hit, you`re out of the next Ladder, doesn`t matter if you`re opted-in or not.

And we need a lot of new recipes/resources/pots for the ladder...

#17 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:14

For me:

About bountying ladder hits:
- You`re allowed to post Ladder hits, BUT if you bounty a Ladder hit, you can be bountyed back even without hitting.

About rewards/don't hitting on Ladder:
- You don`t receive tokens without hitting, unless there is only members of your own guild on the ladder range (that's not your fault if no one else have the wish/guts to join).
- If you`re on the ladder without doind any hit, you`re out of the next Ladder, doesn`t matter if you`re opted-in or not.

And we need a lot of new recipes/resources/pots for the ladder...

I agree with the concept of being booted out of a ladder if you fail to hit anyone, in to many of the ladders i see one person only hitting once and getting easy dominance whilst the others are happy to take whatever tokens they can, its a farce!

However, I disagree with the idea that if a ladder only contains members from one guild they should still get dominance and tokens, that makes the idea of the ladder having anything to do with pvp a nonsense. To gain anything from a ladder you must have to had hit someone, and no to allowing people to attack those in their own guild, that is WAY to abuseable and i know people would do it.

Edited by Davros81, 02 February 2014 - 12:14.

#18 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 23:45

"To gain anything from a ladder you must have to had hit someone"

If one guy opts in he gets nothing already, nobody to fight with.

If 2 guys opt in one gets 1st and one 2nd, the number of hits isnt going to change that. It makes no dif if they did one hit or 40, if the guy in 2nd didnt do a hit he still took one and still earned 2nd! If 2 guys opt in and one does one attack that fails the other guy still earned first right? 

If 3 guys opt in,,, yadda yadda yadda they are still being hit even if they dont hit themselves.

If 4 opt in someone (in lower ladders) gets nothing,,, but still played whether he hit one time, 40 times or none.

I think theres still confusion about the mechanics of what we are talking about. Opting in is the only required action to join and get a reward! If you require one hit then you are gonna be back complaining about people winning with one hit, if you require 2 then it will be 2 and still something that isnt any part of the requirements for the actual contest! Ill be sure to point out that we need to force titan hunters to clean it up after they secure and force players to make at least one attack on every elite before they can move above that level.

Again, participation is the key to fix this, if someone is getting "free" tokens then opt in and beat them or sthu!! He only got a free win because everyone else was too apathetic to join and fill the places. Nobody promised the rest of the game a great show.

#19 ladyjudith

ladyjudith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:27

:angry: I am against bounties on ladder hits, if you are on the ladder then play them game, another complaint that I have is that am seeing too many players in the same guild at the same ladder range on the ladder, thus seeing as the cannot hit each other have no cost to gain the dominance medal or tokens, I think that this should be looked at and changed to make it only possible for maybe two in the same guild at the same range to opt on the ladder like is done for the arean is only fair that everyone gets to play fair and not just a cheat with sitting there getting a gain with no cost or no effort, thannks

#20 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 13:25

:angry: I am against bounties on ladder hits, if you are on the ladder then play them game, another complaint that I have is that am seeing too many players in the same guild at the same ladder range on the ladder, thus seeing as the cannot hit each other have no cost to gain the dominance medal or tokens, I think that this should be looked at and changed to make it only possible for maybe two in the same guild at the same range to opt on the ladder like is done for the arean is only fair that everyone gets to play fair and not just a cheat with sitting there getting a gain with no cost or no effort, thannks

I believe that was changed in that last update with the bounty board and ladder change. It shouldn't be allowed anymore.

Gomez.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: