454 replies to this topic

#41 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 20:41

Hoof how about this forget about putting in a requirement just give them a task and use a formula to divide out what they get as a reward...Daily quest kill players.... Kills 5 gets 5 stamina kills 50 gets 50 stam. ETC? Maybe keep the minimum but get rid of the maximum.

#42 smileynirv

smileynirv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 20:51

so far i think no one likes this or feels it is worth it. but keep tweaking it. it has the potential to be a star. :)

#43 stimpysam

stimpysam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 September 2016 - 20:56

My 1st daily quest was I had to walk 300 squares in 3+ hours, my reward was 8k gold.

Brilliant game feature, love it :wub:

#44 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 20:56

Personal thoughts so far, love the idea and love the randomness. 

I haven't thought too much about the plus and/or negative on some things, but I do find it interesting that simple coincidence could allow some players some time to complete a daily in their normal mode of business.

I'd like to remind players that they are not "forced" to do any of these. 

1) As an example, if you're afraid of PvP for some reason, then you can skip it. If there are no legendaries, then you can skip it, etc, etc. 

2 intro) When contemplating the reward being "worth it or not", I think most have forgotten two things (apart from the fact that you don't have to do it):

2a) The point is giving people a reason to come on. For those overflowing for whatever reason, this could increase activity. Grant it, in a way it "may" be geared towards huge stam banks that hunt twice a year in the double XP, but hey... love to seem them on doing more.

2b) You have completely forgotten about the medal. That's key, in my book, for both those of us that like the shinies and those that work on upping Pride effectiveness.

Conclusion: So far, great job. I think it's crazy but like that Hoof is on for feedback and tweaks. 

I hear "guide" in the future.

Prosperous smacking everybody! (o0

#45 Aceshunter

Aceshunter

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 September 2016 - 20:57

My 1st daily quest was I had to walk 300 squares in 3+ hours, my reward was 8k gold.

Brilliant game feature, love it :wub:

It should calculate the steps when you use teleport :D :D :D

Edited by Aceshunter, 01 September 2016 - 20:58.

#46 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 01 September 2016 - 20:58

so far i think no one likes this or feels it is worth it. but keep tweaking it. it has the potential to be a star. :)

I would dispute that :P

Some are worth it, some aren't (as they stand) but I'm sure those that seem not worth it will either be tweaked or players will just ignore 'em, regardless of the medal tick and boost to PRIDE that's attainable.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#47 stacm17

stacm17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 21:03

Daily Quest

Defeat 75 Titan creatures
75 / 75
Gain +17,000 Gold
Time Remaining:
3h 7m 57s

if i leave the map screen before i get my 75 kills it started me over from zero..i have done it a few times getting the 75 kills and  this is the message i keep getting You have either already collected today's Daily Quest or the quest has not yet been completed.

You have either already collected today's Daily Quest or the quest has not yet been completed.

Daily Quest
0 / 75
Gain +17,000 Gold
Time Remaining:

2h 51m 15s

still able to to do it even though i i have completed and collected ( but was issued no gold for it).. 

Edited by stacm17, 01 September 2016 - 21:09.

#48 Spider0007

Spider0007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 21:10

Daily Quest

75 / 75
Gain +17,000 Gold
Time Remaining:
3h 7m 57s

if i leave the map screen before i get my 75 kills it started me over from zero..i have done it a few times getting the 75 kills and  this is the message i keep getting You have either already collected today's Daily Quest or the quest has not yet been completed.

You have either already collected today's Daily Quest or the quest has not yet been completed.

Daily Quest
0 / 75
Gain +17,000 Gold
Time Remaining:

2h 51m 15s

still able to to do it even though i i have completed and collected ( but was issued no gold for it).. 

I am having the same issue. I completed the 175 kills and clicked on "collect" and received this message.

Daily Quest   You have either already collected today's Daily Quest or the quest has not yet been completed.  

If I refreshed the map screen my titan kill count went back to zero.

Please fix this bug!

#49 stacm17

stacm17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 21:14

I am having the same issue. I completed the 175 kills and clicked on "collect" and received this message.

Daily Quest   You have either already collected today's Daily Quest or the quest has not yet been completed.  

If I refreshed the map screen my titan kill count went back to zero.

Please fix this bug!

glad its not just me.

#50 Spider0007

Spider0007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 21:16

Also neither Titan Doubler nor Quest Hunter work on daily quest kills for the titans. Is that how it was intended?

Either way I mention it just to save other players time/gold on two buffs.

#51 Mekrushu

Mekrushu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 21:19

Well, I like the idea of a daily quest, but what is my incentive to use up 300 stamina in order to gain 100 current stamina? I lose 200 stamina! *scratches head* Unless it is adding to my max stamina, it is kind of pointless...

Travel 300 tiles
0 / 300
Gain +100 Current Stamina

Question: Is this going to be like when the Champions Pack was purchased and you lose the stamina when you remove epic gear? I currently have it all on at 17498/17722 (gain 117 in 33 mins) and sitting at 299/300 tiles.

As suspected, the 100 current stamina is overriding the epic stamina gain so I basically got NOTHING as a reward *sigh*

dailyquest1.jpg

dailyquest2.jpg

Edited by Mekrushu, 01 September 2016 - 23:50.

FSsig.jpg

Tact is for those that lack the intelligence to be sarcastic!

#52 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 21:23

50 would be an optimal number for someone over level 1000 given the number of SE from level 30-1000 and taken in consideration that others might have that daily quest as well.

I myself have killed more than 33 SEs when I was below Lv 700.

I think if you are Lv 1000. You should be able to kill at least 60 SEs

#53 ironlegs

ironlegs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 21:27

Daily Quest Collected!

You have successfully collected the reward: Gain +13000 Gold

@edit Quest: Kill   225 Mechanical Creatures

Edited by ironlegs, 01 September 2016 - 21:29.

#54 smileynirv

smileynirv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 21:29

name one that has been worth it? other than walking x steps? 

#55 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 01 September 2016 - 21:32

That's the one I got - so I'm not unhappy, thus disproving your "no-one likes it" statement.

Things will get tweaked - Hoof has already proved he's listening to comments / concerns.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#56 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 September 2016 - 21:33

Listening to all feedback and I agree we need to tweak it a bit :)

#57 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 September 2016 - 21:34

Looking into the issue of Titan kills not registering (and I'll also tweak the quest text so it's clearer its to damage a titan rather than defeat x if them) :)

#58 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 21:36

Only problem with mine is there are no LE atm.

Defeat 175 Legendary creatures

0 / 175

Gain +5 Allegiance Tokens

Zachorzi the Plagued (Legendary)

Ursa the Great Bear (Legendary)

#59 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 21:36

hmmm feedback love the idea had 3 hours to kill 3 super elites for 20 reserve stam i did it at a cost of around 500 or so stam lol it isnt easy finding 3 super elites when ppl farm them

#60 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 21:37

Id say the PvP ones are benificial for the bounty board ;) ... In turn is benificial to getting bounty medal.. Gives PvP a little upside .. Maybe ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: