6 replies to this topic

#1 asterxemil

asterxemil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 09 December 2022 - 04:50

Hi, my name is Aster, and I'm addicted to- wait a second this is the wrong place for that... ANYWAY... I'm here today to present a further look into my idea for the Titan Design Contest, which did NOT end up getting placed, however, I WOULD like to gain community opinion/support for the idea I had to go along with said Titan. 

I came up with this idea: Ilyxanda, the Living Cauldron. A foul living jar that roams the Realms Betwixt in search of the Eldritch Ring, fighting any and all that dare cross his path, to become the truest Champion of All. My first thoughts were to create a Titan capable of giving a drop I dubbed The Living Cauldron that allows for players to invent one of a list of Epic potions, but I thought "Why stop there?" And after getting feedback from other players, and ideas to go along with it, I feel the better option would be to do something akin to the PvP based Chests you can create. Here are a few examples of what I had in mind:

Recipe: Ogalith's Box of Burning Brews

1x Living Cauldron
1x Ogalith's Fiery Grasp
(insert other resources here)

Makes a chest of potions that allow you to have... let's say 5x Titan Doubler 350 pots (Distilled puts it at 403) That's 10x Kills per Titan, allowing faster clears, or more competitive clears on newer/high value Titans

Or this one:
Recipe: Skaldir's Stash of Slushed Stout

1x Living Cauldron
1x Skaldir's Frostbitten Steps

Makes a chest of potions that allow to have... let's say 5x Immobilise Titan 200 pots

(Reminder that these ideas in and of themselves aren't 100% hashed out, but you get the general idea.)

One way this helps Titan Hunting is to keep these Titans active and not let them sit for a week, or a few weeks, as (let's face it) people just aren't willing to resort to normal TKP hunting on the regular anymore. If we pop in a fresh take like this, it makes the Titan Epics more valuable (as in highly sought) as they will diminish to keep up with potion/chest supply. Along with future rebalancing to provide upgraded Epics, this will reduce the large quantities of Epics down to a more feasible level, they keep their Epic status, and yes they WILL increase in value, however, that means they stay at a pace equal to or similarly to the Event/Holiday Titans, even if the item itself is worth less overall in terms of equipped stats (stamina stam gain etc)

Another way this helps keep Titans active is being able to get buff/buff levels not available anywhere else, or buffs more attuned to hunting Titans. This allows new skills to be added in that aren't particularly suited for PvP/GvG or upgrade skills to a level that makes them more viable for regular use.

Imagine with me, if you will, the ability to use just Epics to hunt down most Titans around your level and lower, perhaps ones slightly higher that just spawn in your level's max realm level, as you get a Chest that contains potions that give you Invigorate 2500. That's 25% increase to all of your stats (28.75% Distilled with Zombie Brew) PER PIECE EQUIPPED. That's almost 260% increased stats for wearing Epics! A truly Epic potion!

I'd appreciate any and all thoughts, criticism, reworks, and whatnot to this you, as the Community might have. (Also if the devs decide to chime in, they have my concept down in the actual Titan Design Contest thread)

#2 asterxemil

asterxemil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 10 December 2022 - 02:18

So far I've collected a few responses with feedback from talking with others after posting:

Emperor Sidd: Sure, if you make something valuable to everyone however like say BM 350, or Pride 300, you will find more people get involved as there will be more demand

Dripz: How do you feel about this?
Juggernaut --@ max 17.5%  increase attack/dam increase for every epic equipped. 

Turtle Shell -- @ max 17.5% increase to armor/def for every epic equipped.
+
^This was presented to me a few months back I have negatives about it and ofc positives
Just the fact that low selling epics will be recycled basically in a way it can increase the cost + Titan Hunting activity is really essential

A few ideas so far, what else can we do to strengthen this concept?

Hitting the drawing board came up with a few other concepts like:

-A buff like Brute Strength, but it increases the cast level of Titan Hunting/Epic based buffs, max of like +25 or +50 to total buff cast. making them 228 or 253 max cast

-The idea of a new set of skills, like Epic tier quality in terms of skills only available via these Epic potions such as

Flame of Ogalith: While active, +1% XP per set worn, +10% if all gear is complete sets.
Pro: It's an extra 10% XP to hunt with
Con: Doesn't stack with PvP Prestige, maybe conflicts with others' views on bounty board supply of -checks notes- "FRESH MEAT"
(in an effort to balance so that people can still get that sweet PvP Prestige style XP buff without resorting to PvP)

or
Chill of Skaldir:  +1% to all stats (HP Attack etc. no stam/gain bonuses)per set equipped, 10% if all equipped are set pieces
Pros: Who doesn't love adding MORE DAMAGE err I mean, stat bulk? Cons: Affects Overall function and setups for PvP/GvG

Maybe even one where it gives -1% to all opponents stats per set equipped, max -10% if all sets?

-The idea of selling player made chests may not be 100% popular, however the trade/sell of the Epic items would still allow for it, just need to invent themselves. Perhaps, allow tagging of a potion when withdrawn?

-New buffs related to Titan Hunting, or using concepts currently on the HCG drawing board such as Titan Slayer, Immoblise Titan, secondary Conserve proc (Lady Luck but with Conserve PvE only), a new set of buffs that gives +X% stat per point per player level, Trendy skill as a valid potion (ngl even with Trendy 10000 it's still lackluster)

-Introducing a new Scavenger enhancement/buff, where at 100% or like buff level 200 it gives a 20% chance per kill to drop a frag (PvE only) and when proc'd the chance per frag is 60% Common 25% Rare 10% Unique 4% Crystal 1% Super Elite

#3 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 10 December 2022 - 08:27

@HCG - This is what could be done with a couple of newer titans and i don't know why it hasnt previously been done, a few recipes using the titan drop combined with an old titan epic with perhaps a ladder or arena resource creates an epic potion, appreciative we would be for discussion on the buffs and levels of the potions. although this thread isnt really commented on i've seen support elsewhere.

#4 asterxemil

asterxemil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 13 December 2022 - 04:07

@HCG - This is what could be done with a couple of newer titans and i don't know why it hasnt previously been done, a few recipes using the titan drop combined with an old titan epic with perhaps a ladder or arena resource creates an epic potion, appreciative we would be for discussion on the buffs and levels of the potions. although this thread isnt really commented on i've seen support elsewhere.

Yes please. Also we realized with the new update to HCG, Forum has been... either wonky or not working correctly to log in for several people, as they've stated from the other places.

So far, the information gathered in terms of buffs/skills to help out with the idea is certain PvP buffs to be made viable from:

A. Longer lasting buffs (with or without use of Brew Master, Pride or perhaps exclusive higher levels of these particular two)

B: Higher leveled of certain buffs/made more readily available (I.E. Anti-Deflect 500 and other 'counter' type buffs)

When I get more information from speaking with players, I will post a bit more regularly on this thread.

#5 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 13 December 2022 - 10:48

I like the idea!
Though I'm not into adding new higher-level buffs that kill the value of potions already available in another aspect!

I had a similar idea of having new epic recipes require specific titan kills to invent the chest/item

In example, a recipe requires 2000x Ogalith kills & 2000x Skaldir kill to invent 1x Titan doubler lvl 350 120 mins

or 1000x Guardian of elements kill & 1000x Fuvayu & 1000x Echiphon & 1000x Kojin to invent Titam immobilise lvl 200 120 mins

But your idea could be easier to apply.

This is the best content to add Titan Immobilize or Titan Doubler potions in the game.

Edited by shindrak, 13 December 2022 - 10:56.

#6 asterxemil

asterxemil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 15 December 2022 - 21:23

I like the idea!
Though I'm not into adding new higher-level buffs that kill the value of potions already available in another aspect!

I had a similar idea of having new epic recipes require specific titan kills to invent the chest/item

In example, a recipe requires 2000x Ogalith kills & 2000x Skaldir kill to invent 1x Titan doubler lvl 350 120 mins

or 1000x Guardian of elements kill & 1000x Fuvayu & 1000x Echiphon & 1000x Kojin to invent Titam immobilise lvl 200 120 mins

But your idea could be easier to apply.

This is the best content to add Titan Immobilize or Titan Doubler potions in the game.

The idea would be to find a balance between currently available skills through normal means (I.E. PvP Chests, Loyalty, Global rewards) and Chests gotten through donations, as to not impede the worth of donation chests as the best overall skill level. If it means that a skill is available regularly at 500 and donation chest is 600, then this concept would provide a potion at 550 or 575.

Anything new in terms of buffs would be to bolster stats/buffs/enhancements regular Titan Hunting to make it better, faster, and easier for those involved, most of which would be a side effect that can alter PvP or GvG performance. Those aspects would be overall changed for the better with more viable current buffs at higher levels, just made regular instead of people having to hold onto GE chests or donation chests all year.

#7 asterxemil

asterxemil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 31 January 2023 - 03:42

I'd like to bump this up and remind people this still exists. It's been a tough past month and I haven't been particularly paying attention to it, but I appreciate any thoughts, views and feedback still.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: