Photo

World 2?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

Poll: Good idea? (25 member(s) have cast votes)

Good idea?

1. Yeah! (5 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. No! (19 votes [76.00%])

Percentage of vote: 76.00%

3. Don't care either way! (1 votes [4.00%])

Percentage of vote: 4.00%

Vote

#1 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2007 - 20:58

Hi all,

Ok tis been well over 3 years of Gothador now and many things have changed over that time :)

We have been thinking about this a lot and here is the idea...

We're considering creating 'World 2', whereby once the code is improved in the next update, we setup a second version of the game is a new clean database (but with all the existing content). You can then freely signup to either World 1 (this one) or World 2 (the new one) without any restrictions.

I think this is good for mean reasons...

1) It will insire new players to join and feel like they have a chance to gain a top rated ranking

2) It will allow two instances of the game to run from one content set.

3) It will most likely increase the updates to both worlds.

4) It would be cool :)

5) The forum could be shared also between the two worlds.

What do you think folks?

Oh yeah - any existing supporters on World 1 would be entitled to a period of free supporter status on World 2 - also we would happily pre-register your character name on World 2 also, before anyone else can signup :)

Cheers,
hoof

#2 gothador_nyt

gothador_nyt
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:06

*blink* Wow... Im really not sure what to think yet. It sounds like a great idea, honestly. But I have a few questions:

Would we have the ability to move between the worlds as a character?
Would the cults in the new world be able to interact with the cults in the original one?
Would there be world specific cults?
What cost is there going to be for original supporters to have characters in both worlds?
How will the two worlds interact on the forum if two users have the same name, with each on their own world?
If a supporter decides to reserve a character name on World 2, will they have any extra benefits or discounts?

Just a few questions, I hope it wasn't too much at once to ask. I'll post more as I can think of them.

#3 FrankNStien

FrankNStien

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:09

I ditto Nyts questions please

#4 Bluehaze43

Bluehaze43

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:09

So in world 2, we are all beginning as newbs again, but world 1, we stay "as is"?
Posted Image

"Well I talk loud, and carry a bigger stick! And I use it too!" - Yosemite Sam

#5 gothador_bassfreake

gothador_bassfreake
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:12

me too on nyts questions... sounds kinda cool tho i wouldnt mind actually having some pull in the world :P

#6 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:13

They are two seperate worlds which would not interact with each other, and yes you would start from level 1 in the new world - but that is part of the fun - a chance to try from the beginning :)

The existing world would be the same (goth as you know it) and would get updated with identical updates to the new world - with the new slicker code :)

#7 gothador_chunkymonke

gothador_chunkymonke
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:14

will we still get new updates to world 1 or is this world 2 gonna be like a new born in the family and the rest of us get ignored :evil:

#8 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:15

will we still get new quests to world 1 or is this world 2 gonna be like a new born in the family and the rest of us get ignored :evil:

It would be like a clone of the first, both would get identical code updates and content updates (at the same time).

#9 Pidge

Pidge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:16

I dont see much point myself. Just took a year getting to where I am. Not going to start that all over again

#10 gothador_metalhead66

gothador_metalhead66
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:17

to be honest im not sure.

i like the idea of a fresh start but a lot of us have put alot in to this game and to wont want to lose it all and start again (mainly higher players)

so i can see a lot of higher players not wanting to leave and stayiong here with a lot of others going meaing that "world 1" will be left with a few chars that wont leave. no players willl want to start on it and a lot of the low to mid ranges will want to leave. meaning that "world 1" will die slowly getting more and more stagnant.

its just my thoght on it

#11 gothador_chunkymonke

gothador_chunkymonke
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:17

will we still get new quests to world 1 or is this world 2 gonna be like a new born in the family and the rest of us get ignored :evil:

It would be like a clone of the first, both would get identical code updates and content updates (at the same time).

so the new one is an exact copy creatures, realms, quests and alike but basically we start off at level 1 :?

#12 shannanan

shannanan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:18

I dont see much point myself. Just took a year getting to where I am. Not going to start that all over again

ditto
if i wanted to start over, i'd just create a new one here.

#13 gothador_stax

gothador_stax
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:18

It definitely might mean a new challenge for the people who would like to be on top and therefore I would vote for yes.

On the other hand thinking of the "blood&sweat" invested into already existing characters... Well I personally would definitely not go from the scratch just to have pimped clones of the chars I have and love now...

#14 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:20

It would not be case of being forced to start over - it would just be an additional game world to play in - if that makes sense?

#15 gothador_armybeans

gothador_armybeans
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:21

I am not sure I like this idea or not. Sounds cool, but there are reasons I haven't signed up for any of your other new game sites I won't get into here. The added expense of yet another subbing would be a big factor.

Not to mention I think it would kill world 1 gothador pretty quickly. Why would anyone want to sign up for world 1 when both are the same and chances are world 2 would be less crowded. If it is just to give new members a chance to feel they can get to the top rankings, couldn't we just have a list of top player by age? Most powerful player 3+ years old. Most powerful player 1- 3 years old, and a baby most powerful player for under 1 year playing.

#16 gothador_chunkymonke

gothador_chunkymonke
  • Guests

ditto
if i wanted to start over, i'd just create a new one here.

im with shannbear and im also with metalhead goth is already pretty much deserted of newcomers so the gene pool isnt doing too well creating another new better one which gets more advertisement would really leave us down under the pile so my answer is no

#17 shannanan

shannanan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

It would not be case of being forced to start over - it would just be an additional game world to play in - if that makes sense?

but not with our current chars, so basically a clone of gothador?

and we would have to start over...

#18 gothador_themutt

gothador_themutt
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:22

i can see it as favorable especially for the newer players who have practically no hope of reaching the Top player spot in the current world.
:D

either that, or do a complete reset of the current game/world! :twisted:

#19 shannanan

shannanan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:24

i can see it as favorable especially for the newer players who have practically no hope of reaching the Top player spot in the current world.
:D

either that, or do a complete reset of the current game/world! :twisted:

your just evil Mutt

#20 gothador_chunkymonke

gothador_chunkymonke
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:24

iv just read armies idea and i think thats great :D

that would mean the over all top player could stay top but we could also have various top 100 players for each year they have played so they can still work their way to the top :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: