Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:22

1. I'm addicted to this game.

2. Refer to #1.

3. I love the community here. 

This is without a doubt the best browser game I have found and I know I don't need to look any further for more since this keeps me interested and happy.

#22 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 17:31

respect to the artists, and whatever they're imbibing to come up with critters like this

9479fd620e663c3c3738114e0fb15726266.jpg

#23 RobM

RobM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • South Africa

Posted 07 August 2014 - 20:28

I'd agree with some of what you say Chaos, and not with other bits but, for me, the game keeps me coming back for the following reasons.

1. Uncapped (so far) content

2. Many facets of the game to play - levelling, arena, se hunting, titan hunting and yes, the pvp facets too (not that I partake in those)

3. Community - made some great friends in here

4. Hoof's dedication to the game. I know it's his "baby", but he goes "above and beyond" at times to sort stuff out.

5. "force of habit" - given I've been playing now for over 6 yrs, I "have" to keep coming back  ;)

Yep, what he says. ADDICTED! It's part of what I do on the internet each day, like checking BookFace or Email, it is just natural to spend some time with my FS as with any other of my dailies, even if it is that I do nothing much in the game except levelling or composting (sic). Just logging in soothes me!

I really love the gold from levelling because I can sell it for dots which I then go on to waste on all kinds of nonsense stuff. Fun!

Edited by RobM, 07 August 2014 - 20:38.

#24 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 August 2014 - 23:35

I agree to most of all the posts here in this thread, on how hard HCS works on improvements and it is on weekends when they do not have to be here in fs. I do say their hard work shows and how the rest of us keep coming back to this browser game. I agree with everybody is the best browser game I have found too. :D  

I am very happy to see there are others that see the really cool aspects of this game. Thank you everybody on the posting and I am looking forward in reading more why you like playing fs.  ^_^

I know another thing I love about fs is the different things you can do here. It is not just limited to smack your neighbor only aspect or just monster killing aspect.  I think the global events have really kicked fs up in league of its own.  I really love the global events that the community need to work together to accomplish in getting the goodies hcs offers. ;)  

#25 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 August 2014 - 00:50

The guild. Seriously if it weren't for the people in my guild I'd have not stuck around.

The challenge of constantly seeking to rise the ranks both personally and with a guild. The team aspect of that it's still really hard for anyone to really have a guild jump past the other guilds without a high number of high quality dedicated people. So many people in this game in my guild and in a wide range of other guilds, some of you in this thread for instance, are also people I'm always glad to see contributing on the forums, and having a passion for the guilds you are a part of as well.

There aren't many games.... I've literally played over 3 dozen MMOs, and FS is literally the one I felt the strongest attachment and genuine joy at seeing people acheive goals be it levels, medals, titan secures, and a wide variety of things. When you see a guild member achieve something, at least in my view, I feel genuinely happy for them.... something I have never truly felt for people outside of one other online game, and one where it's almost a painfully large task to reach some goals (some frustratingly needlessly so imo, but that's aside the point).

I'm largely optomistic. I do have a genuine belief that at some point there will be a concerted effort to player acquisition and retention by HCS for FS. I'm not sure what that would entail. But if I didn't care, I wouldn't periodically hop on the forums to make a strong suggestion for it. In the one other game I found legitimate enjoyment out of, there wasn't really that impact to where one or a few people on a forum thread can spark a drive for a game improvement.

In short though. I feel like I can be at ease in enjoying this game.

Edited by Gutie, 08 August 2014 - 00:50.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#26 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:46

LOL, i cannot add a single thing more than every post above mine!!....i guess its all of you and many more that havent chimed in yet, the different aspects...and i too am addicted.  Nice to log in when RL is not the greatest and see messages from friends n guildies, stalk the global chat, see crazy FS Box postings, get a great deal bartering with ST, composing....making new and amazing friends........from all round the world....get medals and upgrade them...LOL take some relics, only to take them back a while later...but mostly cuz i have some of the best guildies in the game...and i consider quite a few extended GUILDIES!!  xoxo  thanks everyone.... :P

#27 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 16:29

"join the AARP (american association of retired people) and earn 520 shards!"

"must be 18 or older to complete this offer!"

#28 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:15

"join the AARP (american association of retired people) and earn 520 shards!"

"must be 18 or older to complete this offer!"

ROFL... 

And you have to be 50 to join, folks...

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#29 ruffdogg7

ruffdogg7

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:40

FallenSword is actual the first browser game I've ever played. I've been playing consoles for 25 years. Now where most console games are deeper and more fun to play, they don't provide the frienships that you get from the rich community here at FallenSword. I realized that right away and knew I was staying here. I login every day. Not to hunt anything, but to interact with people. 

#30 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:20

1. Guild mates and old buddies from other guilds.

2. Figuring out new arena setups.

3. The bi-annual double XP events.

#31 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 August 2014 - 22:33

I honestly have no idea...

#32 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:11

1. My addictive personality.

2. My unwillingness to walk away from the thousands I've spent here over the years.

3. Eventually I WILL get that stupid 'Present Darkness' quest done...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#33 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:25

3. Eventually I WILL get that stupid 'Present Darkness' quest done...

It IS a tad overdue, aint it LOL .. Come on BG - finish this one off at least, and let those of us who care, have no incomplete quests showing :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#34 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:31

Grim took pleasure in telling me that he likes to leave it because he knows how it annoys me...

Eventually it has to get finished, it HAS TO. Doesn't it? :(

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#35 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:34

Grim took pleasure in telling me that he likes to leave it because he knows how it annoys me...

Eventually it has to get finished, it HAS TO. Doesn't it? :(

Then he can leave it for you, and allow the rest of us to complete it - he can do that, CAN'T HE ? LOL

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#36 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:35

I would like to say I stick around to look forward to adoring communique from the developers, otherwise it's just the next 100 stam stomp and chipping away at the seemingly insurmountable BHing diamante achievements.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#37 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:33

1. I'm addicted to this game.

2. Refer to #1.

3. I love the community here. 

This is without a doubt the best browser game I have found and I know I don't need to look any further for more since this keeps me interested and happy.

Yeah, what he said.....   :P

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#38 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:30

Meh

Edited by xAnonemesisx, 10 August 2014 - 07:31.

Hate It Or Love It The Underdogs On Top. 

#39 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:19

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Some people just cannot be pleased, it seems.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#40 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 August 2014 - 21:18

I love the responses and keep them coming. 

I was thinking I like doing temple prayers and can say all the time I have been never been picked giggles. I am awesome!^_~

I like seeing special offers and see events that come up too.  :D

I really enjoy the variety of gear and many ways to use the gear to do different aspects of the game.  

I think it is community and I am seeing a good part so far responding. I hope there are more out there that can put why you like being in fs.  :)

Edited by bigchaos, 10 August 2014 - 21:20.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: