Photo

Suggestions for new Arena, GvG and PvP Ladder Rewards?

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#1 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:02

Hey there Everyone.

As you are all most likely aware, we'll be looking to add brand new Rewards to the FS Arena, GvG Rewards and the PvP Ladder. This includes new Sets and Potions and we'd like to here feedback from the Community as to what they'd like to see.

For the sets, (which will be across all levels but mostly the higher levels where the pickings are slimmer), we'd like to hear what kind of items and stat placement you'd like to see.

For Potions, what existing buffs or combination of Buffs would you like? 

We look forward to your feedback on this issue.

~ Grim

#2 SoraXKairi

SoraXKairi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:45

I would like to see level 200 potion of Iron Fist and Enchant Shield added to arena.

#3 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:54

I would first want confirmation that people who are in ladder bands where only their guild members are in said band, that they are not receiving pvp tokens. For example there are around 12 people from one guild in the 2100-2199 ladder and as such they cannot hit one and another (which is a good thing), however as there is no conflict occurring surely they should not be receiving tokens and I believe none receive dominance ticks.

Should these people be receiving pvp tokens then I wish that no further sets be added which use the current pvp tokens awarded via the pvp ladder system as it currently stands.

#4 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:02

I would like the whole concept of the ladder to be altered BEFORE new rewards are added - and, further to that, a new reward structure added. More than a few players have been sitting on non-active ladders for eons, collecting tokens for doing nothing or for doing 1 hit in a reset and will clean up if new items are added using the old token system.

1. Opting in on the ladder is optional, so anyone on the ladder should be able to hit each other. It's all good and well to say that this can be exploited, but the current system is being exploited beyond belief.

2. If any particular band on the ladder is inactive between resets, then those on that band get NO reward

3. Have a minimum number of hits required on a ladder before rewards are allocated. That could be a cumulative number or an individual number, but rewards for 1 hit (IN TOTAL) on a ladder band is a farce

4. Last but by NO MEANS LEAST - new reward structure so that those who have been profiteering from this scenario for so long are NOT in a position to clean up when new items / rewards are added. Failing that, make ALL ladder rewards BOUND to the PLAYER.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#5 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:38

Epics sets! 

And then BG says "Great idea Gomez! We could even have set bonuses with + more stamina gain"

And then I'll say "Thanks BG and nice addition to my idea."   :P

#6 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 August 2014 - 13:35

I'd like people to stay on the topic of what rewards would you like to see.

#7 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 13:36

Please dont make anymore overpowered sets...we dont need them and theres already too many in the game...I remember when this game was actually challenging to play but now you've offered a 'win' key to it....

....hmm, make a potion that gives 200 levels of xp to a character..why not

#8 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 13:45

A couple ladder potions could be:

Sealed 200

Dispel Curse 200

#9 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 13:54

Is it possible to add character upgrades as rewards to be bought with either pvp or arena tokens? Like current stamina or max stam or maybe even new character upgrades only available in these aspects. As this would increase the activity more then items or potions.

#10 brafester

brafester

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 14:05

Character Upgrades would be a nice welcome. but if it's pots I'd want a dispel curse 200 :3 ^^ Just saw Gomez suggested that while I'm typing. Otherwise, Erosion 200/250

idg6ep.png

Don't live your life making up excuses. The one making your choices is yourself!

#11 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 12 August 2014 - 17:35

Oh, my, my, my, where to start....

We need more armor/defensive setups for those of us that participate in these venues.... And as for pots, I would really like to see Enchant Ring, Rune, etc there, at least at 100, but preferably 175+ and a bigger gloat would be nice as well :lol:  

Also, it might be a good idea to make these items bound, at least the pots, as to avoid exploitation of the new stuff... AND no more inventing stuff.... I still don't know what I'm supposed to do with the stuff I have, and I have so many ladder tokens it's not funny, let's make them useful again.   B) 

Just my 2 Pennys

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#12 maxdragon

maxdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 17:57

DO NOT ADD ANY NEW SETS OR POTIONS UNLESS YOU GET RID OF DEFLECT ON THE LADDER / BOUNTY BOARD !!

last time I was on the ladder I hit 7 times (7 deflects and ZERO hits went through) until the next reset

I had always anti deflect 175 casted on me

I had to fully buff myself 3 times during this reset (each time spent 1535 stamina, 3 x 1535 = 4605 stamina)

thanks to the brilliant coding of DEFLECT (deflect is toooooooo overpowered, even using anti deflect 175) I wasted 4605 stamina without being able to do 1 single hit sad.png

is that what HCS means by PvP, not being able to hit each other??????

you opt-into the ladder to ATTACK, to DEFEND and most importantly to PvP and not to hide behind DEFLECT so why is DEFLECT still allowed on the ladder?

after you have taken off DEFLECT from the ladder I would like to see these sets:

• attack / defense , ring / boots , minimum level 1900+
  • attack / armor , gloves / helm , minimum level 1900+
  • attack / armor , boots / shield , minimum level 1900+
  • attack / armor , armor / rune , minimum level 1900+
  • attack / armor , shield / amulet , minimum level 1900+
  • attack / defense , gloves /shield , minimum level 1900+
  • there are many more but think this are the important ones still missing in the higher levels

PS: please BigGrim, do not remove my post, thank you

#13 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 18:09

as i have said in other posts.- we need something to grab the attention of all players to get them involved in arena...best attention getter- UPGRADES...be able to get upgrades with tokens..it will cost player many thousands in gold entering tourneys to get enough tokens if prices are set fairly..next, reserve stamina- all players want and need more stamina- little bits and pieces of reserve stamina to be able to save up for a rainy day, or special event, maybe even to help secure a titan...reserve stamina has all kinds of good uses and would attract players to arena....potions- find item 2000 - with the find item being corrected  a few years ago....this size fi would not be super powerful...just a little better than fi1000..

#14 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 18:42

I'd love to see a pvp-ladder potion that gave a serious boost to Master Thief :)

og3DxyP.gif

#15 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 18:44

Enhancement boosters.. Could allow a new type of equipment upgrade to add/increase certain enhancements on items

#16 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 18:47

maxdragon wrote:

after you have taken off DEFLECT from the ladder I would like to see these sets:

• attack / defense , ring / boots , minimum level 1900+
  • attack / armor , boots / shield , minimum level 1900+
  • attack / armor , armor / rune , minimum level 1900+
  • attack / armor , shield / amulet , minimum level 1900+
  • attack / defense , gloves /shield , minimum level 1900+
  • there are many more but think this are the important ones still missing in the higher levels

-------------------------------

+1 :)

og3DxyP.gif

#17 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 18:59

Arena REWARDS In order...

POTIONS

1.MASTER FRAGMENTOR/ or FRAGMENTER 300 ( unsure of spelling ) =)

.....the above potion would act as a % chance to double your frags gained when breaking down items.

2.MERCHANT 300

3.QUEST FINDER 300

4.TREASURE HUNTER 300

edit : I am use to autofragging :)

Edited by bloody18, 12 August 2014 - 19:29.

#18 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 19:28

Long duration level 180 potions for the PvP Ladder..

High Guard
Golden Shield
Anti Deflect
Sealed
Force Shield
Honor
Bastion
Sidestep
Shame
Dispel Curse
Empower
Reflection
Gloat
Riptose

#19 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 19:39

We need more armor/defensive setups for those of us that participate in these venues....

If they are going to do some turtle setups again, they really need to pump them up with the right Enhancements.. Check out the Carcharodon set they added awhile ago to tokens.. The enhancements are disgustingly limited on it.. What they could do is help out those sets by creating some good matches with them..

This is a great time to give more use to the Balanced Attack/Defense buffs

#20 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 19:42

Enhancement boosters.. Could allow a new type of equipment upgrade to add/increase certain enhancements on items

To add on to this idea.. Could use either tokens from the arena/ladder to purchase these enhancement boosts..

..but I guess its pointless to come up with new ideas like this at this point of time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: