Photo

Suggestions for new Arena, GvG and PvP Ladder Rewards?

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#21 drakos333

drakos333

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 20:16

how about a potion that would allow you the chance to save fragments when composing potions, sort of like extractor II or inventor II and how they have a % chance to save items/components... or a pot that has a chance to instantly finish a composing  potion at no extra cost? 

#22 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 21:24

I'll some buffs which should NOT have any overpowered potions:

Deflect
Merchant
Treasure Hunter
Dispell Curse
Fist Fight
Shield Wall
Smashing Hammer
Dark Curse
Flinch

-

Before creating more prizes you should fix the Ladder, I believe everyone who plays the Ladder agreed that Ladder should be open again, without the opt-in system, and if that works, maybe put Bounties on Ladder again. With that made you can also leave Deflect as it is now, because we will have more than one target.

#23 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 12 August 2014 - 21:57

Before creating more prizes you should fix the Ladder, I believe everyone who plays the Ladder agreed that Ladder should be open again, without the opt-in system, and if that works, maybe put Bounties on Ladder again. With that made you can also leave Deflect as it is now, because we will have more than one target.

The ladder should still remain something that players opt-IN for...

But yes, couldn't agree more, the ladder needs fixing before adding new rewards.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#24 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 22:08

The ladder should still remain something that players opt-IN for...

But yes, couldn't agree more, the ladder needs fixing before adding new rewards.

And why is that? Because levellers don't want to lose levels? 

Maybe create a code where players can't hit the same players on the same reset, and will be free to hit if the player are one of the top 10-20 on PvP Rating. That way non-Ladder will not lose too much, and Ladder players will face each other for the Top 10.

#25 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 12 August 2014 - 22:22

And why is that? Because levellers don't want to lose levels? 

Maybe create a code where players can't hit the same players on the same reset, and will be free to hit if the player are one of the top 10-20 on PvP Rating. That way non-Ladder will not lose too much, and Ladder players will face each other for the Top 10.

If you make it so that it's open to all, whether they want to be part of it or not, then there's no need for any ladder at all - it's just PvP that already exists.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#26 uncola

uncola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 12 August 2014 - 22:30

Arm/Att  Gloves and Boots

Arm/Att  Gloves and Weapon

Arm/Dam Amulet and Rune

Arm/Dam Boots and Weapon

Def/Att Gloves and Weapon

Def/Att Gloves and Shield

Def/Dam Ring and Boots

Def/Dam Gloves and Helm

Arm/Def Ring and Shield

Arm/Def Gloves and Boots

Att/Dam Ring and Amulet

Att/Dam Rune and Amulet

This should be for set 1700+

If you would like enchantments and Stats % please comment, if not I'll assume this list will not be used.

Edited by uncola, 12 August 2014 - 22:44.

#27 Wolfthorne

Wolfthorne

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 22:32

Instead of more potions, how about upgrading the buff tree as has been talked about in the past and also add at least level 2000 buffs with a buff reset. Many players have been waiting on such to happen. This is somewhat off topic, but is still a pvp ladder and bounty subject. If nothing is going to be done with Deflect, please cut the time down after each deflected hit. And yes, clearing a bounty should not have to go through so many deflected hits.

#28 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 22:34

If you make it so that it's open to all, whether they want to be part of it or not, then there's no need for any ladder at all - it's just PvP that already exists.

But with resets and prizes for the winners...

Edited by yghorbeviahn, 12 August 2014 - 22:38.

#29 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 22:39

But with resets and prizes for the winners...

Whos to be the judge of a winner when there isn't a set tournament in mind? The ladder allows for resets and winners to happen. Besides, there is more of a challenge when people opt in to the tournament and want to win rather than just farm points off levelers that want no part in PvPing.

#30 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 23:45

*removed*

Edited by Nagoyaka, 18 November 2014 - 01:04.

#31 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 23:47

I see we've wandered off the topic again.... this is serious folks, if you want to debate about the ladder and other stuff, start a new thread....

There ya go, Grim, took some stress off of ya.

Edited by BadPenny, 12 August 2014 - 23:48.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#32 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 12 August 2014 - 23:52

I see we've wandered off the topic again.... this is serious folks, if you want to debate about the ladder and other stuff, start a new thread....

There ya go, Grim, took some stress off of ya.

I agree that it's wandering a lil off-topic, but the discussion about the ladder is semi-relevent.

"we now return you to the regular news channel .... "

#33 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 23:59

Is it possible to add potions to some of these "excisting" buffs as arena/pvp rewards?

All For One

Artful Bandit

Brute Strenght

Buff Enhancer

Cloudy Crafter

Croak

Deft Hands

Divine Glory

Encouraging Talk

Greed

Guild Berserker

Guild Saboteur

Immobilise Titan

Lady Luck

Perfection

Precision Hit

Precision Strike

Pride

Quick Attack

Short Circuit

Swift Strike

Titan Slayer

Trendy

Vitality

Warcry

#34 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 00:04

I believe we should update the 1800 and 2000 buffs before put more things on Arena, Ladder and Composing, so we will have more buffs to choose from. Like Nagoyaka said.

#35 SoraXKairi

SoraXKairi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:08

Reckoning
Overkill
Stalker
Ignite
Poison
Four Leaf

#36 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 August 2014 - 18:30

Stay on topic please. This is for ideas for prizes, not to debate the Ladders merits.

#37 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 13 August 2014 - 18:58

http://forums.hunted...=ladder rewards   <-- this thread had some nice ideas in it. I suggested the possibility also of *improved ladder gear*  in which older gear could be *merged* together to create nicer stuff with higher stats, etc.  It would sink some of the older gear thats become outdated over time.

If ( a big if)  potions are available via the ladder, please make them bound. It would entice players who want them to dabble in some pvp ( as they should).

Gear wise,  Some nice armor sets and defense sets would be ideal. Two peice sets only, unless theres a hefty set bonus on the 3 peice'r ;)  As the more sets you can wear the higher bonus from shield wall, armor boost, and smashing hammer.

Take a look at some of the ranges around as well. The balanced attack/ defense buffs are utterly useless atm. Possibly create some sets that ( when equipped with some other items) can make use of such buffs. You'll have to do a well thought out search to make use of this buff in various level ranages, but I think players would like the possible end result.

The possibility of a nice  balanced set around 250, 550, 850, 1100,1400,1600, 1850, 2000. Would be fun for every range. ( just my thoughts)

#38 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 August 2014 - 21:13

Potions:

'Robbers Art'

Anti-deflect + Gloat (lvl 200)

'Hunters Glory'

Sacrifice + Treasure Hunter (lvl 300)

'Defenders Tact'

Armor Boost + Side Step (lvl 200)

Gear:

armor + defense (boots-rune or boots-ring) 70-30% or 30-70%

attack + damage (amulet-rune or gloves-ring)

#39 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 22:28

Potions:

'Robbers Art'

Anti-deflect + Gloat (lvl 200)     Penny like :D

'Hunters Glory'

Sacrifice + Treasure Hunter (lvl 300)

'Defenders Tact'

Armor Boost + Side Step (lvl 200)

Gear:

armor + defense (boots-rune or boots-ring) 70-30% or 30-70%

attack + damage (amulet-rune or gloves-ring)

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#40 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 00:37

Potions: