Photo

Suggestions for new Arena, GvG and PvP Ladder Rewards?

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#41 Jose

Jose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:58

If ( a big if)  potions are available via the ladder, please make them bound. It would entice players who want them to dabble in some pvp ( as they should).

So please, make Arena Potions bound as well so players who want them need to play it =)

#42 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:41

Potions:
'Robbers Art'
Anti-deflect + Gloat (lvl 200)

'Hunters Glory'
Sacrifice + Treasure Hunter (lvl 300)

'Defenders Tact'
Armor Boost + Side Step (lvl 200)

Gear:
armor + defense (boots-rune or boots-ring) 70-30% or 30-70%
attack + damage (amulet-rune or gloves-ring)

I am with Dulcharn on this...very realistic potions for HCS to put together but also add some kind of composing potions like bloddy18 and Drakos333 suggested.. As for gear...keep it simple Big G...2 item sets..at least for the lower levels and hook up the higher levels with some good 2 to 3 item sets...I think Leos3000 is on the right track for the set stat percentages ...

If you would like to review any other great ideas that the community has come up with for the Arena and also can be implemented to the ladder(for future updates) please review forum link:
http://forums.hunted...ving-the-arena/

;)

Edited by Brice, 14 August 2014 - 04:01.

#43 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:50

I'd like to see a deflect 350 pot that lasts 300+ mins!

Edited by sweetlou, 14 August 2014 - 03:51.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#44 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:14

So please, make Arena Potions bound as well so players who want them need to play it =)

Do you know how long ladder tokens have been farmed.. We need to boost more individual participation in the ladder brackets.. Its waaaay too boring. If you bind potions, I think you'd see a HUGE spark in opt ins.. Something the ladder desperately needs.

The ladder activity would greatly boost the buff/potion/equipment market and would get more players involved in a greater involvement of this games mechanics.. PvP introduces players to different buffs and set combos that hunting will never allow you to make use of.

We need more PvP desperately.. We need this community to truly understand how this game can be played. The knowledge and fun gained from PvP can't be enjoyed in any other way..

..activity is brought to the table with the simple act of binding the potions.. Keeps players coming back for more..

No use binding some potions for the arena and not some.. And its not fair to bind those that are currently unbound..

Potions via ladder tokens would be a new thing.. Might as well try something new.. If it doesn't work well, the. We can try them unbound. Worth a shot though if it promotes activity

#45 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 August 2014 - 13:50

Added something to the opening post. It occurred I also wish to add rewards to the GvG prize section. First and foremost, multi buff potions to replace the buff packages. These would be a mix of the original buff packages and new ones. They would be bought from the shop but instead of casting the buffs there and then, it would provide a potion of that buff package to each member of the Guild to use when they wish. These WOULD be bound.

#46 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 14 August 2014 - 13:53

I'm going to go about this backwards, but if you add some rewards, also eliminate some. (Enchant Weapon 1000 comes to mind)  Also, to make people go after the rewards, maybe tweak the entrance fees a bit, especially for the lower levels.  

Here's a thought:  For some of the rewards how about a potion or two of some of those buff names in the list that haven't been implemented yet, or if they have been, they're way under implemented   :wacko:  If so, keep them as solely arena potions.  Or maybe a new potion, one that grants a slim chance at, say, invisibility. (a cloak?  a cloak would be sooooo cool!)

#47 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 August 2014 - 13:58

I'd like the ones you can see that aren't on the buff trees to stay where they are and use them for specific parts of the game. I've always wanted some Arena, GvG, Composing and Ladder exclusive buffs.

#48 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 14:06

I'd like the ones you can see that aren't on the buff trees to stay where they are and use them for specific parts of the game. I've always wanted some Arena, GvG, Composing and Ladder exclusive buffs.

Well you are asking for more rewards for those sections of the game so why not add them in now? They would be exclusively for those areas of the game if you made them bound. And we are asking that some of them get implemented in these rewards. 

#49 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 16:58

Potions:

-Overkill 350

-Severe Condition 225

-Doubler 2000

-Extractor II 250

-Epic Craft and Epic Forge 250

-Barricade 225

-Spell Breaker and Spell Leach 250

-Demoralize 300

-Shield Strike and Armored Strike 250

- Four Leaf 300

These potions would be awesome and interesting !

Arena potions :

-Overkill 350 > 200 token

-Doubler 2000 > 300 token

-Extractor II 250> 200 token

- Four Leaf 300> 200 token

-Shield Strike and Armored Strike 250 > 250 token for this multi buff

adding Gold foot 300 >100 token good too

PvP Ladder potions:

-Severe Condition 225

-Epic Craft and Epic Forge 250

-Barricade 225

-Spell Breaker and Spell Leach 250

-Demoralize 300

I would add Anti deflect 250 to this

and Fist Fight 200

I think 5-10 tokens for those would be good

Edited by shindrak, 14 August 2014 - 17:00.

#50 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 17:14

how about a potion that would allow you the chance to save fragments when composing potions, sort of like extractor II or inventor II and how they have a % chance to save items/components... or a pot that has a chance to instantly finish a composing  potion at no extra cost? 

would be cool to have composing things as events like double xp

Edited by shindrak, 15 August 2014 - 00:47.

#51 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 August 2014 - 17:54

Added something to the opening post. It occurred I also wish to add rewards to the GvG prize section. First and foremost, multi buff potions to replace the buff packages. These would be a mix of the original buff packages and new ones. They would be bought from the shop but instead of casting the buffs there and then, it would provide a potion of that buff package to each member of the Guild to use when they wish. These WOULD be bound.

Grim - is it possible to keep buff packages in, but make them more useful. For example, a guild member who is unable to make it to a computer/phone while a conflict is going and they are getting hit. It would be nice to be able to buff them using buff packages in the guild, which would be equal to or greater than the 175 buffs that you can get (along the lines of some potions). Maybe you can make it buff specific - ie -- Pick Guild Member and choose the buffs and it will cost XX FSP or XX RP. 

Please don't take all the buff packages away as they could really become useful in a bind. Instead please look into implementing some new and more useful ones so that they are used and reduce the RP totals out there.

#52 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 August 2014 - 19:52

I would first want confirmation that people who are in ladder bands where only their guild members are in said band, that they are not receiving pvp tokens. For example there are around 12 people from one guild in the 2100-2199 ladder and as such they cannot hit one and another (which is a good thing), however as there is no conflict occurring surely they should not be receiving tokens and I believe none receive dominance ticks.

Should these people be receiving pvp tokens then I wish that no further sets be added which use the current pvp tokens awarded via the pvp ladder system as it currently stands.

Why else would they be sitting there, if they weren't receiving benefit?  Its a sham.  The lone sheep from another guild has to spend a tonne of stam, just to keep buffed and the wolves at bay (more targets my foot, doesn't work like that).

DP

I realize I'm late to the party and way off topic, this is a reply from page 1, still stands though.  

Edited by DeadParrot, 14 August 2014 - 20:13.

Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#53 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 19:58

Just making a statement about pricing of these future new potions .. ( referring to what I know,  the arena)  If HCS starts pricing items 200-300+ tokens. That will defeat the purpose of adding new rewards. The purpose is to get folks interested and actually playing on a consistent basis. We had an exceptional amount of interest during the roll-out of the new token based system, and also when some of the more desired potions in the arena, like BM300 and LB300 were 20 tokens to purchase. That excitement was quickly squashed when for weeks the potions were raised to 2000 tokens. In trying to stabalize the market ( supply and demand) It returned back to its original state. In other words the people that played, still play and all those new faces I was seeing have stopped playing. No one has said what or how much the new items will cost, however, If you are going to bring NEW items to the table , do you want to feed everybody or just a few ? I'm suggesting selling many at a smaller price(100 or less) will increase interest ( a proven profit making business model -- selling in high volume reduced price) 

I suppose having one or two ungodly priced items reserved for arena masters is what some are looking for .. so I would suggest you feed the lions as well, but make them bound! ..... and that is all :)

Edited by bloody18, 14 August 2014 - 19:59.

#54 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 20:25

Just making a statement about pricing of these future new potions .. ( referring to what I know,  the arena)  If HCS starts pricing items 200-300+ tokens. That will defeat the purpose of adding new rewards. The purpose is to get folks interested and actually playing on a consistent basis. We had an exceptional amount of interest during the roll-out of the new token based system, and also when some of the more desired potions in the arena, like BM300 and LB300 were 20 tokens to purchase. That excitement was quickly squashed when for weeks the potions were raised to 2000 tokens. In trying to stabalize the market ( supply and demand) It returned back to its original state. In other words the people that played, still play and all those new faces I was seeing have stopped playing. No one has said what or how much the new items will cost, however, If you are going to bring NEW items to the table , do you want to feed everybody or just a few ? I'm suggesting selling many at a smaller price(100 or less) will increase interest ( a proven profit making business model -- selling in high volume reduced price) 

I suppose having one or two ungodly priced items reserved for arena masters is what some are looking for .. so I would suggest you feed the lions as well, but make them bound! ..... and that is all :)

I agree Make them bound so people stop complaining lol oh wait players will keep complaining ... they want everything in easy way

#55 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 22:46

+1, completly agree....if it costs 200 tokens or more for a 1 time use potion...that will defeat the purpose of getting new blood in arena...it would take a newer player a long time (probably only has 1-3 arena setups), and loads of gold to get to 200 tokens...most all,  would quit before 100 tokens (is why most have already quit arena, even 100 tokens for a new player to arena is difficult)..for arena masters and high level players that enter mostly all, if not all tourneys, since gold is like pennies to them....200 tokens is done in hours, 1000 tokens in a day...so, of course they want everything high priced...easy for them...hard for the rest of us...more profits for them...and less players trying arena...more prizes for them...the arena masters do not want more players...tis why they always complain about suggestions that would help the newer players..

i totally aqgree about bound prizes..i thought all potions would have already been bound to make more player try arena..and then, the cost for prizes could be lower to a more reasonable amount for new player to achieve..

#56 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 00:59

Yes, yes, yes.... I LOVE THIS!   And make some defensive/attack buffs too, as these would be useful for all facets of the game, not just leveling or PvP

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#57 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:47

I wanted to make a quick comment regarding all the haters of the players who have been playing the PvP Ladder game. Why should I be punished for playing the game, collecting tokens and medal ticks? Might as well punish players who sit on champions using AM500 to level. It isn't on every Ladder that there are many guildmates. Some Ladders are hotly contested, some aren't. While the system has been anything but always fair and competitive, how do you have a problem with the way it's been played and achievements won when you too could have participated? Your bitterness needs to be at the devs, not other players. I guess we have returned again to hearing from the moralistic righteous players who believe they are better than others and therefore pass judgement on them by trying to punish them? Because that's the way it looks!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#58 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:40

Lou, although I do agree with you to a point, I don't think this is the thread to discuss it.... This is supposed to be about stuff to buy with our tokens/guild RP, not about the merits (or lack of) of the ladder....

Thanks, 

~ Penny 

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#59 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:13

Grim - is it possible to keep buff packages in, but make them more useful. For example, a guild member who is unable to make it to a computer/phone while a conflict is going and they are getting hit. It would be nice to be able to buff them using buff packages in the guild, which would be equal to or greater than the 175 buffs that you can get (along the lines of some potions). 

That's a good point, yeah. We'll consider that for sure.

#60 Crzy

Crzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:24

GVG/PVP Bound potion:

Quick Hitter- Allows you to cut the "wait" timer in half. So for GVG you get to attack every minute and on the PVP ladder you get to attack someone every 30 mins rather than an hour.

GVG Potion:

Skilled Fighter- Allows you to hit +25 or +50 levels above your target range.

No clue if this is possible with coding but it would be awesome to see. Could keep them cheap RP and token wise so it's not counter productive.

EDIT: Just seen you asked for existing buffs lol.....

A GVG buff that casts Cloak on all members. This might negate the use of the Bazaar potions though so maybe allow the potion to stay active longer?

Dispel Curse/Shield Wall/Erosion pack

Edited by Crzy, 15 August 2014 - 11:29.

qu29_zpsff77e35f.png

^^Sig by the awesome ArtistGorn!^^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: