• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 TheD0n

TheD0n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 21:01

Why does it take so long to level up in this game? There's like another 500 levels of content in this browser game last time I tried it and it seems like it still takes the same amount of time to get anywhere... kind of not worth bothering if it's a 5 year grind to hit max level :/

#2 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:02

What would you do if you if zoomed right to the top in a matter of weeks/months?  Probably say you were bored and move on to something else.

Screenshot everything!

#3 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:05

I like the pace of leveling in this game... it's not too slow, not too fast.... it's the stam thing, really.... I never have enough, there seems to be a major leak,  and it builds so... very... very... slowly  :P

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#4 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 13:28

yep..all has to do with the amount of stam a players can get in one day...maybe this needs to be increased a little bit..because that is a major deterant to newer players joining now..they see how long it takes to gain levels once they get past the first 50 levels and use up the booster pack stamina, then they see how the majority of players are way way ahead of them ..and they quit quickly..we need to do whatever it takes to keep noobies..

#5 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 September 2014 - 14:06

New players have a lot more Stam options than others had in the past and they have loads more ways of using said stam to level.

#6 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 14:48

If it was "levelling by delevelling" option, it would take less time :P the content available to -1 lvl, -2 lvl, -3 lvl, .. -1500 lvl player, and so on -  dark matter, anti particles, anti world, anti content, anti buffs, the Dark side of the Force (Yoda: "quicker, easier, more seductive the Dark Side is.") :D

#7 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 15:41

wait, what?

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#8 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 17:57

wait, what?

You have to be "at least -566 lvl player" to travel to this area. "Sorry, you are only 2,245 lvl player, so please lose 2,811 levels to reach this content and unique skills, items and character upgrades." ~ The Dark side of FS.

#9 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 18:22

Additional +1 stam upgrades would be a great FSP sink. There's no need to have a limit if you just have the cost increase with each usage. Example: the first 25 +1 stam gain upgrades cost 25 FSP each just like now, and after that each one costs 5 more FSP than the last, kind of like the way the player reset upgrade costs more every time you use it.

With a 5 FSP increment, 15 additional stam upgrades would cost 975 FSP total, the last costing 100 FSP.

#10 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 September 2014 - 20:32

we could use an inflation here :P fsp being worth less would be a great way to revive the titan market :P and thus one can gain more stamina easily every1 happeh :D

hcs give us some double fsp offers :P i bet there's plenty of peeps who;d buy some and since there will be a massive overload in fsp epic prices can go up because the fsp are worth pretty much nothing :P

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#11 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 11 September 2014 - 20:58

Additional +1 stam upgrades would be a great FSP sink. There's no need to have a limit if you just have the cost increase with each usage. Example: the first 25 +1 stam gain upgrades cost 25 FSP each just like now, and after that each one costs 5 more FSP than the last, kind of like the way the player reset upgrade costs more every time you use it.

With a 5 FSP increment, 15 additional stam upgrades would cost 975 FSP total, the last costing 100 FSP.

Whilst I love the idea of recharging stamina more quickly to allow me to participate in more activities, I think that this would be divisive to the game.

There's already a MASSIVE gap between new players and EOC players - this, I fear, would widen it even further. Players who are already "invested" in the game would, for the most part, use this upgrade and thus be able to advance more quickly whilst new players wouldn't ( for assorted reasons like ... 1. Why invest in a game I'm not sure I'll like yet 2. What's the point in investing, I'll never catch up etc. etc.)

So, yes, from a PERSONAL viewpoint, I'd love it - from a GAME viewpoint, I think it's a bad idea ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#12 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 21:05

Whilst I love the idea of recharging stamina more quickly to allow me to participate in more activities, I think that this would be divisive to the game.

There's already a MASSIVE gap between new players and EOC players - this, I fear, would widen it even further. Players who are already "invested" in the game would, for the most part, use this upgrade and thus be able to advance more quickly whilst new players wouldn't ( for assorted reasons like ... 1. Why invest in a game I'm not sure I'll like yet 2. What's the point in investing, I'll never catch up etc. etc.)

So, yes, from a PERSONAL viewpoint, I'd love it - from a GAME viewpoint, I think it's a bad idea ...

Since content comes out slower than EoC players build up enough stamina to get through it, those players having extra stam gain would not put any meaningful distance between themselves and new players. I know some players clamor for faster content releases, but it's the slow pace of new content that allows new and lower-level players to catch up.

My thought was more aimed at the game economy. Allowing theoretically unlimited stam gain (different people will have different price points at which they would stop investing in it) creates a new and probably massive source of demand for FSP. I'm trying to think through how this would affect things like the marketplace and AH. Donations would definitely go up.

You're right that the amount of stam needed to get from level 1 to EoC increases every time content comes out, so while it would annoy older players, I would be fine with changing the XP formula for the first, say, 1000 levels or so to make it faster to progress. New buffs higher up the tree and higher-level titans and LE/SE creatures could provide the incentive to keep leveling.

#13 Raku

Raku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 00:44

Since content comes out slower than EoC players build up enough stamina to get through it, those players having extra stam gain would not put any meaningful distance between themselves and new players. I know some players clamor for faster content releases, but it's the slow pace of new content that allows new and lower-level players to catch up.

My thought was more aimed at the game economy. Allowing theoretically unlimited stam gain (different people will have different price points at which they would stop investing in it) creates a new and probably massive source of demand for FSP. I'm trying to think through how this would affect things like the marketplace and AH. Donations would definitely go up.

You're right that the amount of stam needed to get from level 1 to EoC increases every time content comes out, so while it would annoy older players, I would be fine with changing the XP formula for the first, say, 1000 levels or so to make it faster to progress. New buffs higher up the tree and higher-level titans and LE/SE creatures could provide the incentive to keep leveling.

I think changing the exp formula would be a good way to go. The amount of time it takes for players in general is a big reason why they don't stick around. Sure some eoc players may not like this, but getting new players and keeping older players would help this game alot.

#14 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:20

currently there are 2,225 levels of content

these complaints of too much content, "takes too long to get there"...

i'm wondering what would be an acceptable amount of time to reach 2,225 is to these people

#15 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 02:03

IDK, Duckie, It's taken me 7 years to get this far...

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#16 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:28

I think changing the exp formula would be a good way to go. The amount of time it takes for players in general is a big reason why they don't stick around. Sure some eoc players may not like this, but getting new players and keeping older players would help this game alot.

We've already changed the XP formula once (and added the difference to existing players) and shall not be doing so again. I say again, it is much, much easier to level now than it ever was in the old days.

#17 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 16:12

I agree with BigGrim.... Picture this:

When I first started playing this game, Adept Learner and Librarian were rare and expensive buffs, nobody had doubler yet, and we made it through and were... yes... *happy*.... It took *months* to get to 100, rather than a matter of days... New folks have it easy, with uber buffs and equipment,  the booster pack, a tutorial, epic quests and the like, things that weren't even envisioned in the old days... FS has evolved a lot since then, and  is still evolving....

No, an easy button isn't going to attract many new players, and won't keep many either...  However... (please don't smite me,  BG) an expansion to the stam gain upgrade would be nice... I know you said it would never happen.... but we have PvP protection now, and that used to be on that list, too...

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#18 Raku

Raku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 17:10

I will agree with everyone on the fact that it is much easier to level now then it was in the old days. (Been around since 2008) I also am not trying to say there needs to be an easy button. However op already stated the main part I am referring to. 

Regardless my point is moot.

#19 TheD0n

TheD0n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:08

What would you do if you if zoomed right to the top in a matter of weeks/months?  Probably say you were bored and move on to something else.

Not if I can get there in a reasonable amount of time I won't.... From a few people I know who play this game say even with huge donations and being on a TON it take YEARS.... that's crazy.

yep..all has to do with the amount of stam a players can get in one day...maybe this needs to be increased a little bit..because that is a major deterant to newer players joining now..they see how long it takes to gain levels once they get past the first 50 levels and use up the booster pack stamina, then they see how the majority of players are way way ahead of them ..and they quit quickly..we need to do whatever it takes to keep noobies..

I don't think it's even this stamina thing... if creatures just game more EXP it'd be less of an issue, at least for me. If I stick with this game and grinding every day or two I should be rewarded with being able to reach EOC like in almost any other game.

New players have a lot more Stam options than others had in the past and they have loads more ways of using said stam to level.

So because stuff wasn't here before we can't expect a improvement with faster more streamlined process to make a game seem worthwhile? Not hating, as I see you're a mod or something, but I don't see many people playing this game when it takes 5 years to get on a same playing field with others. Most online games being heavily active for a year meakes one of that caliber in a game. I see no increase in changes since last time I played this game, and even then I saw how big a climb it was, now there's like almost half a thousand (okay only about 400 I guess from looking at your content updates) since I last tried playing this game.... I used something like 35 thousand of the stamina points and took word for word advice from other players and STILL am only level 134....

currently there are 2,225 levels of content

these complaints of too much content, "takes too long to get there"...

i'm wondering what would be an acceptable amount of time to reach 2,225 is to these people

One, maybe two year tops, like any popular MMO out there.... maybe make different types of creatures in lower level zones that have tougher stats, I'm oneshotting everything using a level 20 set and some other stuff with good spells cast on me all the way up to 100. Make tougher monsters I need to hit a few more times that gives a way bigger EXP amount then.

OR better yet, just increase the amount of EXP the creatures give at random intervals like in the low level areas. I saw creatures above the world level I was in, but now don't see them as much around where I'm at anymore... I have no idea what the ratio is for your game with higher level monsters, but it seems to give more EXP when I kill them than other things.

I really don't want to hate on this game. I've got a couple friends who love this game, but this takes way too long to level up to keep players like me around if we don't have other friends convincing us to try it out again as a friend to them. I go up maybe a couple levels a day if I'm lucky.... add that even 2 per 1 day, that's over 1100 days, basically 3+ years being optomistic and on EVERY DAY.... that's crazy.

#20 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 07:28

I really don't want to hate on this game. I've got a couple friends who love this game, but this takes way too long to level up to keep players like me around if we don't have other friends convincing us to try it out again as a friend to them. I go up maybe a couple levels a day if I'm lucky.... add that even 2 per 1 day, that's over 1100 days, basically 3+ years being optomistic and on EVERY DAY.... that's crazy.

<two handed face palm>

You're looking for a win button, it's not a good place to start.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: