39 replies to this topic

#21 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 22:17

Respect your idea ,but I would never want GvG being dumbed down to this level.

#22 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 November 2014 - 22:21

not like gvg is active right now anyways you know i kinda wanted to shift things up get some creative minds in here get some more ideas and such for good game improvements ^^

and if you mean that this would be even dumber than what it is now

here you actually have to strategically fight as a group and defend as a group instead of 4 people clicking without mind ...

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#23 Trinket

Trinket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 22:48

My head hurts. There is something inherently wrong with PvP and GvG where all you have to do is gear up, buff up and voila you have defeated an unsuspecting opponent, where is the skill in that. Having said that there are probably ways that you could make your idea work to the betterment of the game, looking forward to see the idea developed.

#24 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 22:51

Zorg came up with something similar a while back.

https://forums.hunte...-revamp/?hl=gvg

And the "sacred milk" can only be found at Korova :P

Cheers.

wil72

#25 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 23:15

not like gvg is active right now anyways you know i kinda wanted to shift things up get some creative minds in here get some more ideas and such for good game improvements ^^

and if you mean that this would be even dumber than what it is now

here you actually have to strategically fight as a group and defend as a group instead of 4 people clicking without mind ...

Please stop you are showing how little you actually know about GvG, It is the most complex part of the game in it's highest form.

For Rp Farmers existing Gvg maybe dead..it is just a means to producing fsp from sale of items.

For others it was never about making fsp but about testing skills out V others.

If  you think you would enjoy to play the system you have devised call it something else it does not resemble GvG to me..

We have done threads Suggesting Change to GvG for Years the simplest and fastest way to do that is reset the GvG ladder monthly or every 3 months and rewarding those placed.

Rp Farmers will not place  if they do not challenge themselves against Guilds that are organized.

But unless you can actually nominate players that will partake in GvG for your Guild before any are initiated GvG will always have farmers..

Edited by katatonic, 09 November 2014 - 09:26.

#26 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 23:31

so you are saying that players in the game have to be in this realm.  Most crews have players from all over the world... how do you play this game when only a few are online at one time? The advantage would be to the guild(s) that are from the same area or can get their mates online at same time.

#27 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 23:47

it would indeed take a long time but with radneto also on the team and the steam launch i have good hopes that stuff will get done pretty soon ^^

Poor HCS... everyone will be coming up with the best idea since sliced bread and asking to implement these new complicated systems.

I would prefer we take a step back, look at how we can GET and KEEP new players into the game instead of investing a lot of development into a new shiny toy for existing players.

My 2 cents.

#28 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 November 2014 - 23:55

Like the whole concept. Seems very complicated though, hopefully it'll be looked at in depth

#29 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 00:07

Poor HCS... everyone will be coming up with the best idea since sliced bread and asking to implement these new complicated systems.

I would prefer we take a step back, look at how we can GET and KEEP new players into the game instead of investing a lot of development into a new shiny toy for existing players.

My 2 cents.

Looking at how HCS can retain "old" players might be a good idea too.

Cheers.

wil72

#30 beastslayr

beastslayr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 00:08

This idea was presented over a year ago and not enough interest was shown from the guilds to implement it.

#31 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:27

Zorg came up with something similar a while back.

https://forums.hunte...-revamp/?hl=gvg

And the "sacred milk" can only be found at Korova :P

Cheers.

wil72

This seems interesting enough to try as long as it does not get to be to many clicks. I know for myself games that get to dragged out gets tedious. I hope there will be some additions built in to watch the castle and resource space.  I like to keep fs flair and not wind up being like a game like civilization. I find the game so darn boring I could not stay awake long enough to play.  That is my worst thought but if it is lively enough and enough artistic work and easy enough to follow along what is going on with guild and resources I like to try it.  :)

#32 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 05:49

Looking at how HCS can retain "old" players might be a good idea too.

Cheers.

wil72

And you think this idea will fix that? :/

#33 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 06:56

A rebranded version of Fallensword on new servers without the well-developed accounts of old/existing players is "how". The existing players need new shiny toys to stay. :P

#34 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 November 2014 - 07:14

Wait, I get a toy?  I thought that was what the dinosaur in my backpack was....    You say I get new ones?  Sorry, I need more than toys, give me something I can sink my teeth into, and tell my real world friends about, so that I can entice them to Erildath, and start their journey into madness (yeah, I said madness).  I have talked to Crip about this idea and sure, it needs a lot of work, and yeah, it will be w-a-a-a-a-y down the road in the future, but, it sounds exciting and fun.  I would do it and would probably love it.  It may be a nightmare to produce, but it's a nice dream all the same 

~  Just my 2 Pennys

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#35 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 November 2014 - 08:23

Before any new wild concepts are considered I would prefer the developers to concentrate on getting the development roadmap and its contents sorted out. Do we really want them to introduce another new concepts to the game when there are so many aspects of the game which already need attention? My answer is no, I would prefer the cows fixed what is currently broken in the game before adding additional concepts, which have the potential to add additional issues to the game.

Edited by Davros81, 09 November 2014 - 09:46.

#36 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 09:24

A rebranded version of Fallensword on new servers without the well-developed accounts of old/existing players is "how". The existing players need new shiny toys to stay. :P

Wow, way to literally twist my words.

Everyone admitted that this concept would take a LONG time for this one toy. Many other toys would require much less work as we have many neglected areas of the game. PVP, GVG, Composing, LAG, magic titan hunters, etc. Why do we keep taking our eye off the ball to look at the next new concept? Let's fix the issues we have now.

It's like ADHD, as soon as it's announced that more help is on the way for BG, everyone is making NEW suggestions for this shiny or that shiny.

And to not put a strong effort into getting new players into the game is a big mistake. Getting and keeping new players helps all of us old/existing players.

#37 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:31

like the title says 

kinda gotta work it out however

you gotta see it this way every character in a guild on fallen sword get's a game boy every game boy is linked with the other playing on the game boy witing the realms of erildath will take you towards the guild warfare

you just gotta buy batteries for your gameboy :P no need to walk around with your own character you gotta walk around with your characters character

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#38 pinkdude

pinkdude

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 15:52

If anyone wants to test out the idea, sign up for Legacy and give it a shot :P

#39 douglasj

douglasj

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 16:31

Before any new wild concepts are considered I would prefer the developers to concentrate on getting the development roadmap and its contents sorted out. Do we really want them to introduce another new concepts to the game when there are so many aspects of the game which already need attention? My answer is no, I would prefer the cows fixed what is currently broken in the game before adding additional concepts, which have the potential to add additional issues to the game.

+1 I agree with Davros. I dont want to be the negative guy here but please do continue with working out most the kinks but i stress to any cows looking at this to read the above post again ^ I dont want another aspect of this game adding when there are broken ones. 

Please carry on discussing but please dont force this idea until the game is mostly fixed. 

#40 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 November 2014 - 17:39

If anyone wants to test out the idea, sign up for Legacy and give it a shot :P

OMG.... this is the game that I had played briefly and liked and was trying to remember the name of when I found FS! No clue who I was there then, but, I have started playing again.  Can't wait till I'm high enough level to do something exciting :)

Sorry, crip, you can has your thread back.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: