21 replies to this topic

#1 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 08:42

Before I start this I need to say that I really appreciate the effort you guys done creating this script, I don't want to get rid of that, just need to point some bugs/errors.

I don't know if that's only with me, but I got that warning like 85% of the time I try to move, and the little soldier stop walking, do some crazy teleports, appears on another location and don't keep going to the place I direct him earlier.

So, some things I want to see fixed:

I'm not using any kind of code to move, just using mouse and keyboard (and seeing that message on both kinds of walking), so I believe the rate of 85% activation is really TOO MUCH, something need to be done to fix this.

Even if I got the script warning and the soldier stop moving, after the cooldown of the script the char should stay on the track I set up earlier, so I don't need to click again on the target.

btw, please limit the number of message on World by 1, if we keep clicking the messages took all the screen, and there is no need to it.

Thanks, and I hope you guys can make this script better to work with.

Edited by yghorbeviahn, 13 November 2014 - 09:12.

#2 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:02

I get this alert even when I use the auto walk function, which is part of the game, the function whereby you click the square on the map where you want to go and the little man walks there. I am sorry but the only script I am using is the HCS one to auto walk, does this mean I am cheating...? In my eyes this detection system is redundant as it is pointing a finger at me, someone who hardly ever titan hunts, and yet if you looked at my kills per hour ratio it is appalling?! Yet there are still folk who can, it seems like, teleport instantly across maps to get to the titan. Is this down purely to connection speed? Me thinks not ;)

#3 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:10

Can't say better Davros, I got that message while auto-walking too, but I'm using FSH, what I believe doesn't count as a movement script.

And I still see people moving like The Flash on the map.

And I need to say that I remember seeing a guy hunting an Epidemicus wearing 9 Epics, and with Reckoning, Light Foot and Conserve only, beating 4 guys from FFS at the same time. (Before the script was implemented, need to say)

#4 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:03

The being stopped and sent back to a starting point (not necessarily THE starting point, just A starting point) is way past annoying to say the least.  I know I 'm a novice hunter, and I turned off FSH to hunt the titans... This warning and all it entails even happened when I was hunting the Earth Guardian all by my lonesome, and I'm as slow at Titans as I am at leveling.  I could understand if I was lightning fast like some are, but, I'm the tortoise as far as titan hunters go, not the hare.... Can we get a fix for this, please?

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#5 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:29

I don't know if that's only with me, but I got that warning like 85% of the time I try to move, and the little soldier stop walking, do some crazy teleports, appears on another location and don't keep going to the place I direct him earlier.

I recently spent many hours soloing Statue of Gurgriss' Wrath accumulating TKP for a purchase. I do not use FSH or any other third-party script that affects FS, and I too got this message a LOT while walking. My method of walking was to use the "click where you want to go and the game moves you" method. How am I moving too fast if the game is choosing the speed at which I walk? And then of course, it stops you, and/or does the boomerang thing (sometimes requiring a page reload to reset); beyond frustrating.  :wacko: I'm all for stopping the magic movers, but if the game is picking my speed for me, it shouldn't be telling me I'm walking too fast and stop me in my tracks.

Edited by cyrus7, 13 November 2014 - 12:30.

#6 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 13:30

I tried getting this fixed a few months back but I could not get it to happen after submitting a ticket and they wanted proof. So if anyone of you get that message, screenshot it to help the case!

I also noticed it happened mostly during a time where the game lagged a little. So like Davros, I would be using the auto walk, the game would lag, and boom scripting error.

#7 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 14:06

Another annoying message is the one that says I am still recovering and cannot attack.  I know it's to keep us from clicking too fast, but when you have a nice rhythm set up and it goes off anyway, well, that's plain irritating... 

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#8 douglasj

douglasj

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 14:16

Hmm I too have got this message but couldn't be bothered to say anything. I used to use the auto walk but now I used keys :/ I agree with you penny. I'm not bothered about the functionality of the cool down to attack but more of the stacking message that take ages to disappear. Please remove the message and just make the button not work until the cool down has ended..... Or make it a preference to remove the message

#9 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 14:50

Before I start this I need to say that I really appreciate the effort you guys done creating this script, I don't want to get rid of that, just need to point some bugs/errors.

So, some things I want to see fixed:

I'm not using any kind of code to move, just using mouse and keyboard (and seeing that message on both kinds of walking), so I believe the rate of 85% activation is really TOO MUCH, something need to be done to fix this.

Even if I got the script warning and the soldier stop moving, after the cooldown of the script the char should stay on the track I set up earlier, so I don't need to click again on the target.

btw, please limit the number of message on World by 1, if we keep clicking the messages took all the screen, and there is no need to it.

Thanks, and I hope you guys can make this script better to work with.

Happens to me a lot during titan hunting and the annoying thing is you have to reload the page afterwards.

Other things that need fixing:

- I agree that status messages should not clutter the main map and should instead have a separate rectangular window below the map (or a floating box similar to the Action List box).

- Also, the right mouse button should be assigned to pan/move the map instead of the left mouse button. This is important during titan-hunting where quick reflexes are needed to move your character to the next titan location and you inadvertently press the left mouse button too long that it 'grabs' the map and pans it instead.

- Re-assign the '0' / refresh key to 'T' or '~' so it is near the directional keys 'QWEASDZXC'. This frees your right hand to solely use the mouse and makes things easier for your left hand to move your character and do repair and refresh.

- Another thing that should be addressed is that cursed redirection to the attack player page. This problem has been neglected for far too long.

#10 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 18:56

I believe it is only show up for me when my connection getting laggy lol..

#11 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 20:33

I believe it is only show up for me when my connection getting laggy lol..

Yeah, I thinked about that too, and only decided to post about it because I'm getting REALLY annoyed by that, everyone should have the right to play the game, don't matter if I have a 10MB internet or 100MB, HCS need to give a heads up on this.

I have posted many things about titan hunt, and never got an answer from HCS:
- Make the 'T' refreshs, just like the '0', so both keys can be used.
- Make players box really unclickable, like: [Player.........] [Profile] [Message] [Attack].
Limit the message showed by 1, so only the last message will appear.

#12 wazzimoto

wazzimoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 13 November 2014 - 20:44

I also think the "look at player" (eye) and chat to another player option should be removed...I'm always clicking it by accident when refreshing.....I dont want to look at another player or chat with them while Titan Hunting...I want to hit Titan???   B)

And...yes..I have High Speed Internet and an  Awsome Lap-top!....sorry scripting message...you annoy me....LOL  :P

Edited by wazzimoto, 13 November 2014 - 20:46.

aUcTiOnS  ---->   Check out my current auctions here!

WazziSig1_zps86dd99f5.png

#13 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 20:56

I also think the "look at player" (eye) and chat to another player option should be removed...I'm always clicking it by accident when refreshing.....I dont want to look at another player or chat with them while Titan Hunting...I want to hit Titan???   B)

I want to see only the Look at Player [Eye], nothing more, and if possible: CTRL+Mouse Click = Open players profile on another tab.

No one will never attack a player without check his profile, so no reason for the [Attack], and the message can be sent from profile too...The reason for keeping the 'View Profile' is because sometimes you want easy ways to know against which guild you're hunting.

#14 wazzimoto

wazzimoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 13 November 2014 - 21:10

I want to see only the Look at Player [Eye], nothing more, and if possible: CTRL+Mouse Click = Open players profile on another tab.

No one will never attack a player without check his profile, so no reason for the [Attack], and the message can be sent from profile too...The reason for keeping the 'View Profile' is because sometimes you want easy ways to know against which guild you're hunting.

That would do!!  :)

aUcTiOnS  ---->   Check out my current auctions here!

WazziSig1_zps86dd99f5.png

#15 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 21:42

Why can't we have a "hide other players when Titans are present" option, like we do with regular beasties.  I don't really care about my competition, actually, and all I really need to see is the beast.  Seeing other players is just another distraction we don't need.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#16 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 21:46

Why can't we have a "hide other players when Titans are present" option, like we do with regular beasties.  I don't really care about my competition, actually, and all I really need to see is the beast.  Seeing other players is just another distraction we don't need.

Not really Penny, seeing how many players we are competing against will determine what kind of potion you'll drink, if you need help from guildmates or not, how many friends you need to bring and a lot of things.

#17 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 21:55

I'm no pro here, but I was a girl scout... I believe in being well prepared... WK always titan hunts in teams.  We divide the territory.  I assume EVERYBODY is my competition except my partner(s)... I get ALL the buffs I need to maximize my stam.  I don't need to know who my competition is our how many of you there are to do these things, I just prepare just like I would for any hunt, whether for beasties or other players.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#18 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 22:06

I'm no pro here, but I was a girl scout... I believe in being well prepared... WK always titan hunts in teams.  We divide the territory.  I assume EVERYBODY is my competition except my partner(s)... I get ALL the buffs I need to maximize my stam.  I don't need to know who my competition is our how many of you there are to do these things, I just prepare just like I would for any hunt, whether for beasties or other players.

I almost never hunt in team, most parts of my secures come from solo hunts, so, an example:

Last week I was soloing a Tommy Aches, with 650+ kills alone, when I start to saw too many people on the map, which decreased my kills per stamina ratio too much, so I needed to ask for help because I would not have enough stamina to secure it alone anymore.

#19 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 22:16

Which is why it should be an *OPTION*... You, with your hunting style, want to see other players. I, with my own style, find seeing them a nuisance and a distraction, and Lord knows I definitely need no more distractions... I just think it would be nice to have.

Edited by BadPenny, 13 November 2014 - 22:16.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#20 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 22:18

Which is why it should be an *OPTION*... You, with your hunting style, want to see other players. I, with my own style, find seeing them a nuisance and a distraction, and Lord knows I definitely need no more distractions... I just think it would be nice to have.

Now I got you, I'm all in for that opition, I missed that detail =P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: