92 replies to this topic

#21 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 17:10

That's just it, I don't know if that would occur if the data were to come from the Advisor. S'why I said I'd discuss with the guys.

Well, whenever a person leaves, that data stays in the advisor, it just doesn't show when you look at it. But when that player returns to the guild, all his past data from that previous stay in the guild reappears in the advisor and he just starts from scratch in the guild manage page while still accumulating more stats in the advisor page.

#22 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 17:11

The problem with the buff amounts and the advisor is all those stats are NEVER erased.. So when they came out with the guild medals, it was best to start at zero.. Or I could of just went back to an old guild and gotten 20k+ buffs added to their advancement and just visited other guilds where I buffed a lot.. I personally think starting at zero for the guild medals was the best route..

Starting at zero promotes activity.. But it also promotes whining.. Which one is better for the game in the long run?

#23 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 17:14

Don't reopen guild medal retroactivity.. Its unnecessary at this point of time..

#24 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 17:15

If it is not technically possible to backdate guild medals I would appreciate a precise explanation of why, otherwise I'll never feel it was fair.

In fact that was all that was required last time when I went through this argument. If it is not possible let a game designer say why so I can stop being irritated by this.

Clarity and consistency is all I ask. 

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#25 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 17:27

hmm..thxs for answers bg..not sure what i said that was bad in other post that you deleted...oh well...again thxs for answers

#26 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 November 2014 - 17:35

Deleted? I have not deleted any posts here.

#27 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 17:57

I wanted to complement you guys on the buff scroll overs that calculate exact percentages for skills that are used. While I used to take pride in being able to do rough estimates in my head, this certainly makes things more precise and gives it a professional look. Thanks.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#28 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 18:24

hmm between 11:43 and 11:51 ..i had post thanking you for answers..right after belarics..gone now..no biggie..thought maybe i had said something bad for thanking you..keep up the good work..

#29 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 14 November 2014 - 18:46

Hey HCS,

Thanks for this update. I can see both sides of the arguments in terms of starting at a new slate, and not erasing work completed in the past. Either way, I think it's a good start. 

I'll +1 the question on getting gold to show up on the search page. It used to be a part of the game outside of FSH, and it's sad that we need to use an outside script (whether approved or not) to see that once again. This would be the first way that you could help "ignite" or start the spark for PVP. 

Another request as a "would be nice" would be individual titan kills on a players page. Since we showed Super Elite kills (which one could have figured out on a % basis), can we do the same for titan kills. I can still grab a % to get an estimate of the number of kills, but would be a nice number to see - there doesn't need to be a leaderboard for top titan killer, but would be a cool addition I think (it would be the equivalent to having richest guild and richest player lists. Top titan killing guilds vs top titan kill leaders). 

That's all I have for now. Great work on the updates, and look forward to more! 

#30 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 18:52

*claps hands*

Well done HCS, this update is now complete and a great update with the tweaks you just made

If you have the data, use it, simple :)

#31 jinks

jinks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 19:16

This is exactly what players have been asking for since forever, updates and then tweaks to fit within the way the game is played.

If this continues players will come back to the game (like me) and new ones will stay.  Everyone loves an actively managed and updated game where the devs take the advice of those that play.

Good stuff and keep it up guys :)

#32 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 19:39

I have one more request; a titan kill count on profile page and a player titan kill top list. Since being a titan hunter, im curious about my own progress in this aspect. And about the top list, we know its mainly a guild activity, but as SE hunter is an in-game "proffession", same is a titan hunter. Would be nice to have a list to compare the titan hunters out there, like we now can do with SE hunters. This change itself would still not affect the aspect being any less of a guildactivity, just a list where we can compare, challenge and acknowledge the players doing this aspect.

#33 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 14 November 2014 - 19:45

NQONRU.jpg

<_<

Hate It Or Love It The Underdogs On Top. 

#34 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 20:29

Great work HCS! :) Love Logging in Everyday and seeing something being done :).!!!!! Keep up the great work and thanks for Listening !!!!

#35 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 20:36

love the update.. I would be against removing any medals we already have achieved ..backdating is fine as well just dont touch my shinies, I have earned those. My only complaint, which you just fixed , was if you already have been awarded a medal for " SE KILLS" why wouldnt the number on your profile reflect your work .. and  YOU FIXED IT =) nice job

Edited by bloody18, 14 November 2014 - 20:37.

#36 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 21:00

I like that idea anonemesis.. Instead of just a SE amount we have a whole log of the type of creatures we've killed - normal, champions, elites, super elites, legendary and titans.. Naturally the other ones can't be retroactive besides the titans.. Would even go as far to log the type of creature we've killed like human, undead, greenskin, etc..

With adding in these new top lists I'm surprised they didn't add a medal for each.. Could add in more medals for killing a certain class of creature too..

#37 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 21:29

As long as we are updating>>>>Could you please RE~ADD the ticks by the buffs on the quick buff field that are already buffed on them.  Putting the buffs already activated on someone by their name is useless to an old guy with a bad eye.

#38 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 21:33

If you click the players name you gray out their active buffs

#39 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 22:52

Thank you for removing the automatic numbers from the text boxes on Find Player page.  Add gold on hand to the page and you will REALLY make my day.

Screenshot everything!

#40 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 23:16

I have one more request; a titan kill count on profile page and a player titan kill top list. Since being a titan hunter, im curious about my own progress in this aspect. And about the top list, we know its mainly a guild activity, but as SE hunter is an in-game "proffession", same is a titan hunter. Would be nice to have a list to compare the titan hunters out there, like we now can do with SE hunters. This change itself would still not affect the aspect being any less of a guildactivity, just a list where we can compare, challenge and acknowledge the players doing this aspect.

See, I have a problem with this. I also have a problem with the SE count in MY profile page. Why? Because it is exactly that, my profile. I have medals that show I have reached a certain target with regard to different aspects of the game. It should be entirely up to me whether actual numbers are advertised. Option to toggle please or preference added would be nice. After all, it is MY profile.

Cheers.

wil72 

ps. Loving most of the updates  :)

Edited by wil72, 14 November 2014 - 23:18.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: