Photo

Making Titan Hunting more Popular

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
278 replies to this topic

Poll: Time to Titan hunt (80 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you titan hunt more often if it took less time?

1. Yes (35 votes [43.75%])

Percentage of vote: 43.75%

2. No, I have no desire to Titan hunt at all (4 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

3. Time is not an issue to me (41 votes [51.25%])

Percentage of vote: 51.25%

Vote

#21 insaner6

insaner6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 14:27

Once a titan is half dead, it is secured, then all these buffs would be nice to work, making it easier to be cleaned for tkp. But not before it is secured.

#22 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 19 November 2014 - 15:12

While it would be nice to speed up titan hunting - I don't think bringing a double type buff for TKP is the solution. It will only cause more issues - as those who have faster speeds will still gain more kills with less time. Overall, as has been mentioned before, that means more titan kills, more epics in the game, less time spent, which will devalue the epics more than they already are. 

While solo titan hunting isn't the most exciting, where at times it can take 3+ hours, that's the dedication needed for a solo titan hunter. Even the seasonal titans were taking 1.5-2 hours to kill with 30+ people on them. That's the fun in titan hunting. I think the lack of titan hunters comes from the idea that most players know that they won't be able to secure, so they won't really even try. After they know first is out of the question, it becomes a decision of if the time to get second or third is really worth the time to clean up. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. 

#23 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 15:17

While it would be nice to speed up titan hunting - I don't think bringing a double type buff for TKP is the solution. It will only cause more issues - as those who have faster speeds will still gain more kills with less time. Overall, as has been mentioned before, that means more titan kills, more epics in the game, less time spent, which will devalue the epics more than they already are. 

While solo titan hunting isn't the most exciting, where at times it can take 3+ hours, that's the dedication needed for a solo titan hunter. Even the seasonal titans were taking 1.5-2 hours to kill with 30+ people on them. That's the fun in titan hunting. I think the lack of titan hunters comes from the idea that most players know that they won't be able to secure, so they won't really even try. After they know first is out of the question, it becomes a decision of if the time to get second or third is really worth the time to clean up. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. 

i completly agree..if you wish to solo titan hunt..it should take a long time..that is why it is called a guild activity...get more guild members in there and it wont take so long..most important to making titan hunting more pleasing - GET RID OF THE CHEATERS !!!..and for those that claim nobody is cheating- then you know someone that is..nobody should be able to get form 1 side of an area to the other side in less than 1 second..and that happens..we all see it..or when the titan lands on the square i am on by myself....and it gets killed and gone before i can hit attack (in less than 1 second)...explain that, you players that claim nobody cheats..cheaters are out there..get rid of them..

Edited by yodamus, 19 November 2014 - 15:21.

#24 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 22:13

Want to make titan hunting more popular?

- Fix the numerous bugs associated with it. These have been thoroughly discussed in numerous threads already.

- Make titan hunting a level-playing field for everybody in terms of movement speed and attack speed.

Edited by Maj, 19 November 2014 - 22:38.

#25 douglasj

douglasj

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 22:22

As Nagoyaka says. More people, bigger team = quicker secure. As someone else said. You decrease the time/effort then epics are easy. 

Just fix that stupid pop up every 5 seconds and id be happy. If a potion is involved then here my opinion

Titan Magnetism = NO

Titan Doubler = Yes......... BUT there should be 1 level that isnt effected by distil or anything so it merely speeds up the process. Stick the potion in Special and sometimes the potion bazaar (Bound) so then everyone can have it for a set price and its fair.

But i dont want potions just stating ^ just incase a Cow wants a potion. I dont though. I like titan hunting the way it is 

#26 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 00:23

I have to agree with players saying:

• solo secure = longer hunt, if you want a faster secure then get a group / guild mates to help !!!!
  • AM & doubler working on titan is a double-edge sword, it does not make the titan hunt faster for the average player BUT for the "magic" hunters too !!!!
  • GET RID OF THE CHEATERS => I think the best idea is to ban ALL scripts, including the FSH (after announcment + adding some helpful FSH features like guild => "report" where you can recall many items without having to reload the page after each recalled item + a few other helpful features !!!
  • decreasing the time, stamina & effort => epics are easy & fast to get => more titan spawns => more epics in the game => epic prices drop (not so epic anymore tongue.png)

from my experience:

I hunted against these "magic" hunters many times in the past, me and my guild mates managed to beat them a few times with a lot of members helping out !!!

we went a few times against a certain "magic" hunter, it was 7 players VS 1 "magic" hunter !!!

all 7 of us usually solo secure many titans in 3h - 3,5h BUT we 7 were HELPLESS against 1 single "magic" hunter !!!!

he was teleporting all over the map and getting to the titan in only 1 second !!!!

seriously he was teleporting, not moving, getting from right-upper corner to left-buttom corner in only 1 second and it looked like he was playing "ping-pong" with the titan (titan = ball in this expample)!!!!

a few times the titan spawned only 1 square next to me and the "magic" hunter was on the other end of the map BUT he got to the titan before me eventhough I only had to move 1 single square !!!!

it is not normal for 1 single player to beat 7 players !!!!

with that said I liked one thing the most that was posted in this forum:

make titan hunting a level-playing field for everybody in terms of movement speed and attack speed

as HCS said: titan hunting is and was designed to be a group / guild activity (like gvg, if you want it faster then get a group) so why not make the movement speed of everyone the same (meaning nobody has an advantage / disadvantage in terms of movement speed) and this will make an even-playing-field for everyone + get rid of "magic" hunters (expose them if they are "faster" than "allowed") + promote titan hunting in GROUPS which was the original idea of titan hunting if I am not mistaken :) !!!

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#27 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:12

I have to agree with players saying:

• solo secure = longer hunt, if you want a faster secure then get a group / guild mates to help !!!!
  • AM & doubler working on titan is a double-edge sword, it does not make the titan hunt faster for the average player BUT for the "magic" hunters too !!!!
  • GET RID OF THE CHEATERS => I think the best idea is to ban ALL scripts, including the FSH (after announcment + adding some helpful FSH features like guild => "report" where you can recall many items without having to reload the page after each recalled item + a few other helpful features !!!
  • decreasing the time, stamina & effort => epics are easy & fast to get => more titan spawns => more epics in the game => epic prices drop (not so epic anymore tongue.png)

from my experience:

I hunted against these "magic" hunters many times in the past, me and my guild mates managed to beat them a few times with a lot of members helping out !!!

we went a few times against a certain "magic" hunter, it was 7 players VS 1 "magic" hunter !!!

all 7 of us usually solo secure many titans in 3h - 3,5h BUT we 7 were HELPLESS against 1 single "magic" hunter !!!!

he was teleporting all over the map and getting to the titan in only 1 second !!!!

seriously he was teleporting, not moving, getting from right-upper corner to left-buttom corner in only 1 second and it looked like he was playing "ping-pong" with the titan (titan = ball in this expample)!!!!

a few times the titan spawned only 1 square next to me and the "magic" hunter was on the other end of the map BUT he got to the titan before me eventhough I only had to move 1 single square !!!!

it is not normal for 1 single player to beat 7 players !!!!

with that said I liked one thing the most that was posted in this forum:

make titan hunting a level-playing field for everybody in terms of movement speed and attack speed

as HCS said: titan hunting is and was designed to be a group / guild activity (like gvg, if you want it faster then get a group) so why not make the movement speed of everyone the same (meaning nobody has an advantage / disadvantage in terms of movement speed) and this will make an even-playing-field for everyone + get rid of "magic" hunters (expose them if they are "faster" than "allowed") + promote titan hunting in GROUPS which was the original idea of titan hunting if I am not mistaken :) !!!

i've adressed this case and i was told that this wasn't possible normally because of the script detector.

however.

This is probably for zorg

Is it possible that when i make my own personal fallen sword client that i could possibly bypass certain things and thus be able to do things that nobody else can? if so is there a way to stop it? 

if you guys want to i can make one hand it over to you guys so ya'll can examine it to block these clients?

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#28 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:19

The easiest and fastest way to remove advantage from titan hunting is spawn them on one space and let the guild with most members on it secure it at 1 attack per second for double or triple stam.

As long as movement is involved  players will have advantage due to location.

To prevent excess items coming into the game make all titans 1 per day max..

Edited by katatonic, 20 November 2014 - 01:20.

#29 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:30

The easiest and fastest way to remove advantage from titan hunting is spawn them on one space and let the guild with most members on it secure it at 1 attack per second for double or triple stam.

As long as movement is involved  players will have advantage due to location.

To prevent excess items coming into the game make all titans 1 per day max..

how is this not giving an advantage to people with different locations?

this way everybody will be joining the biggest guilds and guilds where the most people of the same time zone are at will have a monopoly at certain times.

let's not forget that titan hunting is supposed to be a team effort the more people the less each individual will have to walk.

there will always be people who are faster than you because of reaction times.

i'd personally see everybody move at the same speed and then to compensate possible longer hunts we reduce the titan hp on all titans and tkp needed to buy the epics with banked tkp reduced accordingly.

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

#30 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:35

how is this not giving an advantage to people with different locations?

this way everybody will be joining the biggest guilds and guilds where the most people of the same time zone are at will have a monopoly at certain times.

let's not forget that titan hunting is supposed to be a team effort the more people the less each individual will have to walk.

there will always be people who are faster than you because of reaction times.

i'd personally see everybody move at the same speed and then to compensate possible longer hunts we reduce the titan hp on all titans and tkp needed to buy the epics with banked tkp reduced accordingly.

Its not giving advantage to a person like me who has a 300 m/sec ping to fs it is giving me the opportunity to play and a level field. Hcs have tried levelling the movement issue in the past and it quite clearly still favours Americans on east coast and closer to Florida.

I have never seen a movement speed warning that players complain about ..I do however get you need to wait to kill WARNINGS..

Edited by katatonic, 20 November 2014 - 01:46.

#31 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:00

those you are resting warnings give you a 2 second delay per kill so every 2 seconds a titan can be killed this is to make sure that i can't just click 20 times really fast and get up to the 20 kills available right away. everybody is affected by that we are currently ongoing about the movement speed warnings. because that is what the complaining is about

please read stuff before you make an uneducated post ...

hcs has made it so that there is an equal level field on titan hunting if some people however managed to bypass it then that needs to be fixed

the field gives everybody the same oppurtunities hcs has ensured me of that.

you should look a bit back where i give tips and tricks to get the best speed for yourself to be at your fastest

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

#32 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:06

those you are resting warnings give you a 2 second delay per kill so every 2 seconds a titan can be killed this is to make sure that i can't just click 20 times really fast and get up to the 20 kills available right away. everybody is affected by that we are currently ongoing about the movement speed warnings. because that is what the complaining is about

hcs has made it so that there is an equal level field on titan hunting if some people however managed to bypass it then that needs to be fixed

the field gives everybody the same oppurtunities hcs has ensured me of that.

you should look a bit back where i give tips and tricks to get the best speed for yourself to be at your fastest

If you understood the game you would not have made such a silly comment..Titan hunting is not equal for people who live outside the USA Ping still effects peoples ability to move. My reflexes are just fine for a 4th dan black belt in a martial art with 5... I frequently see people overtaking and on the titan space before I get there  that is NOT EQUAL...the name of the thread is how do we get more interest in Titan Hunting I have said what I think needs to happen to equalise it for all and remove the exploitable part..

Edited by katatonic, 20 November 2014 - 02:16.

#33 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:20

If you understood the game you would not have made such a silly comment..Titan hunting is not equal for people who live outside the USA Ping still effects peoples ability to move. My reflexes are just fine for a 4th dan black belt in a martial art with 5... I frequently see people overtaking and on the titan space before I get there  that is NOT EQUAL...the name of the thread is how do we get more interest in Titan Hunting I have said what I think needs to happen to equalise it for all and remove the exploitable part..

i live in europe have above average internet and still beat 90% of the competition if i feel like going for it. the ping loss is minimal

people overtaking are closer to the 0,27 ms movespeed and thus indeed move faster than you.

p.s.( and to my knowing 3rd dan is the last earned black belt the rest is awarded after doing certain stuff. and a black belt does not say something about reflexes)

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

#34 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:31

i live in europe have above average internet and still beat 90% of the competition if i feel like going for it. the ping loss is minimal

people overtaking are closer to the 0,27 ms movespeed and thus indeed move faster than you.

p.s.( and to my knowing 3rd dan is the last earned black belt the rest is awarded after doing certain stuff. and a black belt does not say something about reflexes

In my style 4th is the last awarded.. and can only be given by Japanese during a grading. I live 12000 miles from the games servers.on the opposite side of my continent from the game so  all internet traffic passes through 4 cities before it goes to the west coast of the USA...

When I run a trace route it has 29 to 33 links.

Edited by katatonic, 20 November 2014 - 02:32.

#35 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:34

time to move then buddy

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

#36 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:53

Just like Maj said, to have more people hunting titans, HCS need to fix a lot of bugs and find a way to prevent abuse from some people.

But some ideas I would like to see happening:
- Once any guild reach 50%+1 Kills the Titan will start to have 2x HP on the same spot, that will make easier for those collecting TKP, and I believe will not break the economics.

- If a guild does 50%+1 kills they got the item PLUS any TKP over that 50% kills, example:
Titan HP: 6400
Kills from the same guild: 5201.
The guild will receive: Epic+ 2.000 TKP + */**.
* (The bonus will be applied the same for 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th place, but the 1st guild will not receive any bonus TKP).
** (The 1st guild will receive bonus TKP over the TKP collect, in that example 2.000TKP+2.000TKP Bonus)

#37 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 20 November 2014 - 03:01

Just like Maj said, to have more people hunting titans, HCS need to fix a lot of bugs and find a way to prevent abuse from some people.

But some ideas I would like to see happening:
- Once any guild reach 50%+1 Kills the Titan will start to have 2x HP on the same spot, that will make easier for those collecting TKP, and I believe will not break the economics.

- If a guild does 50%+1 kills they got the item PLUS any TKP over that 50% kills, example:
Titan HP: 6400
Kills from the same guild: 5201.
The guild will receive: Epic+ 2.000 TKP + */**.
* (The bonus will be applied the same for 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th place, but the 1st guild will not receive any bonus TKP).
** (The 1st guild will receive bonus TKP over the TKP collect, in that example 2.000TKP+2.000TKP Bonus)

Giving the securing guild TKP AS WELL AS THE ITEM just sounds like a sneaky way to try to circumvent the cooldown to me. I'd say a definate NO to that.

Fix everything amiss in titan hunting - the cheating primarily - and watch it start to gain activity again ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#38 Runesaur

Runesaur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 03:56

Wouldn't making it like SE hunting, but just on that one map ( i.e, you don't know where it is) result in a level playing field?

For someone to cheat that, red flags would probably have to be raised within fs servers.

#39 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:02

Wouldn't making it like SE hunting, but just on that one map ( i.e, you don't know where it is) result in a level playing field?

For someone to cheat that, red flags would probably have to be raised within fs servers.

Making Titans invisible on the map it's just crazy, no one will never hunt even one Titan, will take days to secure one single titan =P

#40 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 10:31

That was uncalled for, maybe you should read his post properly? Keep it clean please.

time to move then buddy

Seriously?

Edited by Nagoyaka, 20 November 2014 - 10:42.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: