#21 apedde

apedde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 November 2014 - 23:47

penny, post was not for you :)

Edited by apedde, 22 November 2014 - 23:47.

#22 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 00:09

Although I think it is lame to bounty a deflected attack, or one where conserve kicks in for that matter, I can understand why they have to be bountyable.  It is an attack after all.  As for me, I would add your friendly (and cute) bounty hunter to the list.  How stupid is it to bounty the person who did you a favor and got you off the board?  Pretty lame if you ask me.....

as players we have carved our own views on how we interact with PvP.. some of those should encorporated into the game.. why should a bounty hunter risk losing five levels when they just cashed in a bounty cleanly.. that type of action should be rewarded beyond the actual reward of the bounty, with which they could of just as easily gotten with 100 stamina attacks which would of got them smasher medal ticks.. but they chose to go the quick and clean route.. it shouldn't be up to good faith to not place and smash that hunter, that bounty hunter shouldn't be at risk of a bounty... 

if we rewarded quick, clean bounty hunting, players might want to dip their toes into that aspect of the game..

#23 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 00:39

Speaking only for myself and with limit experience on this topic... when I cleared a PvPer player with 10 stamina hits I was not bountied, but I cleared a leveler same way and he listed me. 

#24 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 23 November 2014 - 00:50

Posting one's hunter has long been a bone of contention.  I pride myself on being a courteous and responsible hunter, using conserve to help reduce XP loss, and I'll tell you this.  I used to belong to an organization of bounty hunters, and at that time, our practice was to add those that posted us to a watch list.  Thereafter. full force was used by all when such offenders were seen on the board.  I will neither confirm or deny if I participated in this practice, rather, I will let my reputation speak for me.  I personally have great admiration for my hunters, as I am often a hard kill, as many very high level players can tell you, and I post only those who deal with me harshly, as I feel the punishment should befit the crime.  OK, I might post the Big Guy for giggles, but I would be sorry afterwards :P

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#25 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 00:57

Speaking only for myself and with limit experience on this topic... when I cleared a PvPer player with 10 stamina hits I was not bountied, but I cleared a leveler same way and he listed me. 

What's a leveler doing on the bounty board O_o

#26 apedde

apedde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:07

there are many levelers who attack for prestige

#27 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:12

What's a leveler doing on the bounty board O_o

who knows, I did not ask

#28 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:29

there are many levelers who attack for prestige

I say go to town on those levelers.

#29 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:42

Why, Chewy, imo, a leveler has as  much right to prestige as I do.  I make my prestige run every 3 days.  If one of them hits me, that's fine with me.  The prestige was put there for that purpose and I think it's a travesty that more don't take advantage of it 

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#30 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:53

Why, Chewy, imo, a leveler has as  much right to prestige as I do.  I make my prestige run every 3 days.  If one of them hits me, that's fine with me.  The prestige was put there for that purpose and I think it's a travesty that more don't take advantage of it 

Wholeheartedly agree... but if they do, they should be ready for the consequence.

#31 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 02:08

Of course.  I made my prestige run last night, and this morning lost a level.  I had to burn some stam to reclaim the level.  It's all part of playing the whole game, not just the leveling end of it.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#32 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 02:10

as players we have carved our own views on how we interact with PvP.. some of those should encorporated into the game.. why should a bounty hunter risk losing five levels when they just cashed in a bounty cleanly.. that type of action should be rewarded beyond the actual reward of the bounty, with which they could of just as easily gotten with 100 stamina attacks which would of got them smasher medal ticks.. but they chose to go the quick and clean route.. it shouldn't be up to good faith to not place and smash that hunter, that bounty hunter shouldn't be at risk of a bounty... 

if we rewarded quick, clean bounty hunting, players might want to dip their toes into that aspect of the game..

I hope your bounty free ideas never see the light of day. You've touted them for years. I will always be vehemently opposed. There are reasons beyond a "clean" clear that remain unclear except to the poster. Bountys have an expiration. While I don't always share that sentiment, it alone is just one that may be deemed an acceptable reason by the poster to bounty. The bounty system works fine.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#33 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 02:15

I hope your bounty free ideas never see the light of day. You've touted them for years. I will always be vehemently opposed. There are reasons beyond a "clean" clear that remain unclear except to the poster. Bountys have an expiration. While I don't always share that sentiment, it alone is just one that may be deemed an acceptable reason by the poster to bounty. The bounty system works fine.

lol, for some.

Cheers.

wil72

#34 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:57

OK, I have posted 1 deflected attack, and only the one.... And our illustrious Community Manager still hasn't regained his levels... Has he cried about it?  Not to me...  

Nah. Why? Because PvP is an integral part of the game. Why cry about it? If I had the time, I could regain those levels easy enough with a cheap Doubler. Besides, quite a lot of players appeared on the BB when you posted me. Seems a lotta players like to take a swing at Admin! :)

#35 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:35

Seems a lotta players like to take a swing at Admin! :)

:wub:

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: