34 replies to this topic

#21 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 21:47

The reason they take so long to die is once a guild gets over 50% of the kills, activity stops.  This idea is a way to get more activity on the Titans and have them cleared out sooner.

no one will want to secure it first your point?

#22 Raku

Raku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 01:11

I have to disagree with this idea. To me this would only serve to slow titan hunting down. 

I personally wouldn't want to try and solo a titan anymore knowing another guild is just going to wait for the titan to heal so they can steal it. Also why would I try to steal the titan when the guild that has the most kills already can just start hitting it again when I get close. On top of this you will have players/guilds that will purposely let a titan heal out of spite for who was hunting it.

So again just seems like more stam wasted and longer to get titans cleared.

Honestly I think if you want a titan to be cleared faster then the best way would be to increase the reward/decrease the amount of tkp required to obtain the item. I would think the amount of stam used to obtain and item by securing the titan verse getting it through tkp is the main reason a titan doesnt get cleared fast.

#23 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 04:19

Titan hunt is not much active latelly, and that will kill it for good.

If the Titan is thre with less than 50% of the HP and no one is finishing him, it's not because of the 'secure' thing, it's because the item don't worth much.

That way you will make top guilds finish all the HP of the Titan, not giving TKP for smaller guilds, that will only bring more distance between big and small guilds.

A good thing to do is, after a guild get 50%+1 of the kills, the Titan double the % of chance to staying at the same place after killed, let's say the usual is 1 to 12 HP on the same spot, after a guild secure it, will become 5 to 24, that will make a lot easier to farm TKP, and a lot more people will do it.

btw, you any idea how much time took to secure a Eater of Time? It's around 4 hours or more, imagine if a guild need to do 100% of the kills, none guild will even touch on him.

#24 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 23:35

Very interesting..  

#25 peterzhou

peterzhou

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:34

Is your thumb okay?  :(

#26 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 11:20

Most of titans stays up alive after getting secured for week or so sometimes

with this idea implemented non of players with limited sources (Stamina,potions..etc) will do titans so it will go inactive more than it is now and only rich guild will be able to dominate on titans and epics sale

Rich gets Richer and Poor goes Inactive.

I suggested an idea before to encourage players farm tkp left on titans that when someone secured the titan

then titan spawns on each spot will increased so you won't need to move too much to farm tkp

currently titans hp on each spot spawns from 1-25hp  i think, so after secure titan will start spawn 5-35hp each spot

Edited by shindrak, 10 January 2015 - 15:08.

#27 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:52

Most of titans stays up alive after getting secured for week or so sometimes

with this idea implemented non of players with limited sources (Stamina,potions..etc) will do titans so it will go inactive more than it is now and only rich guild will be able to dominate on titans and epics sale

Rich gets Richer and Poor goes Inactive.

I suggested an idea before to encourage players farm tkp left on titans that when someone secured the titan

then titan spawns on each spot will increased so you won't need to move too much to farm tkp

currently titans hp on each spot spawns from 1-25hp  i think so after secure titan will start spawn 5-35hp each spot

Maybe they want this idea because of the guild they are in would benefit the most? who knows...?

#28 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 13:12

Maybe they want this idea because of the guild they are in would benefit the most? who knows...?

You could have a valid point there...easiest way to speed titan hunting is remove titan movement  .then spawn them by all means but make it so players need to find them just like an elite or se and have it really become a guild event to see which team can get the most kills ie most players on that space...

#29 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 16:01

Just no.

All this distress over titans hanging around for ages...

So what?

They all, even good o'l Gurgriss, go eventually.

We have supply and demand in action right now. It is working. We have cooldowns that allow different guilds chances at secures, then all those different guilds get to wait until someone else decides to clear up the TKP.

Taking away hits once you have made them?? No way. Not all titan hunting guilds have the resources to withstand that kind of treatment. This forcing people to clear the entire titan or risk losing it. We had a thread about titans taking a long time and how to speed it up - this will not accelerate the process, this would mean that to be sure you'd need to spend 6-7 hours of effort on a titan to knock it out completely and be sure it won't 'heal' on you. How will that increase activity?

All I'd see happening here is that titans could survive longer on the board unsecured, which could effectively be a workaround for the cooldown. Say a guild is out for a week. the titan it took out respawns, but due to healing, fewer are killed during that guild's cooldown period (as it is clearly harder to kill a titan that needs more hits, and continually heals past a certain point in time). This raises the price of that titan item as fewer of those items come into the game, and ensures that the guild that can hunt them and kill them off in the time period allowed will earn more of the titan items involved. This seems to me to be an effort to increase control of the titan market, not make it fairer. Fewer guilds will be able to kill of titans in the window allowed, those guilds will dominate the titan market. So no - I think this is a bad idea and does nothing to speed up titan clearing.

Also - would the titan only heal HP from the guild in the lead - or equally from all guilds on a proportional basis? Could this lead to hits being reduced to zero? How can that possibly be considered a fair outcome? I don't think the mechanics of it work that well either. 

And again - what is the problem with titans sitting unfinished? Is that alone not incentive enough to go finish it off if you are so desperate for the item? Obviously not - and obviously everyone who does titan hunt is prepared to be patient. Who is being impatient and why is the question that arises for me. 

The game is small - the numbers online are not huge, of that game population only a small % hunt titans. Titans are going to sit for longer.

The ultimate solution to titan hunting is for the game to expand again. More titan hunters and more demand for titan items. I keep expecting the day to come when every FS player left has a full set of offline epics. And then you will see titans sit forever. But that will only bother the 150 active players left.

This suggestion, for me, does nothing to speed up titan turnover, and a lot to concentrate titan kills into the hands of fewer strong titan hunting guilds.

Edited by Belaric, 10 January 2015 - 16:03.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#30 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 19:04

Just no.

All this distress over titans hanging around for ages...

So what?

They all, even good o'l Gurgriss, go eventually.

We have supply and demand in action right now. It is working. We have cooldowns that allow different guilds chances at secures, then all those different guilds get to wait until someone else decides to clear up the TKP.

Taking away hits once you have made them?? No way. Not all titan hunting guilds have the resources to withstand that kind of treatment. This forcing people to clear the entire titan or risk losing it. We had a thread about titans taking a long time and how to speed it up - this will not accelerate the process, this would mean that to be sure you'd need to spend 6-7 hours of effort on a titan to knock it out completely and be sure it won't 'heal' on you. How will that increase activity?

All I'd see happening here is that titans could survive longer on the board unsecured, which could effectively be a workaround for the cooldown. Say a guild is out for a week. the titan it took out respawns, but due to healing, fewer are killed during that guild's cooldown period (as it is clearly harder to kill a titan that needs more hits, and continually heals past a certain point in time). This raises the price of that titan item as fewer of those items come into the game, and ensures that the guild that can hunt them and kill them off in the time period allowed will earn more of the titan items involved. This seems to me to be an effort to increase control of the titan market, not make it fairer. Fewer guilds will be able to kill of titans in the window allowed, those guilds will dominate the titan market. So no - I think this is a bad idea and does nothing to speed up titan clearing.

Also - would the titan only heal HP from the guild in the lead - or equally from all guilds on a proportional basis? Could this lead to hits being reduced to zero? How can that possibly be considered a fair outcome? I don't think the mechanics of it work that well either. 

And again - what is the problem with titans sitting unfinished? Is that alone not incentive enough to go finish it off if you are so desperate for the item? Obviously not - and obviously everyone who does titan hunt is prepared to be patient. Who is being impatient and why is the question that arises for me. 

The game is small - the numbers online are not huge, of that game population only a small % hunt titans. Titans are going to sit for longer.

The ultimate solution to titan hunting is for the game to expand again. More titan hunters and more demand for titan items. I keep expecting the day to come when every FS player left has a full set of offline epics. And then you will see titans sit forever. But that will only bother the 150 active players left.

This suggestion, for me, does nothing to speed up titan turnover, and a lot to concentrate titan kills into the hands of fewer strong titan hunting guilds.

I have to agree with this. All but one thing: If a player is trying to solo a titan it could take not 6 - 7 hours, but 10 - 14 hours. Under the current rules there are more than just a couple of titans that take me  6 - 6 and 1/2 hours to solo, and I am not all that slow about doing it. Otherwise, great post!  :)

#31 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 20:43

i think the reasons titans stay so long after being secured is that the # of kills needed for secure vs the # of kills needed via tkp are too extreme - say needing 4k for secure but 12k by tkp -  the seasonal's -tkp claim is lower so it gets farmed for the tkp as well as the secure but on regular titans -no one is going to want to hunt a titan 3-4 times for clean up tkp  to claim 

Edited by matt2269f, 10 January 2015 - 20:48.

#32 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 07:39

i think the reasons titans stay so long after being secured is that the # of kills needed for secure vs the # of kills needed via tkp are too extreme - say needing 4k for secure but 12k by tkp -  the seasonal's -tkp claim is lower so it gets farmed for the tkp as well as the secure but on regular titans -no one is going to want to hunt a titan 3-4 times for clean up tkp  to claim 

Right but we don't want to kill value of epics they are already getting cheap

making it easier to farm tkp like i suggested above seems reasonable and it wont affect epics value that much

#33 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 14:26

Titan aspect is great as it is, no changes is needed, same goes to many other game aspects. We should stop trying to change them over and over. Like Belaric said, what needs to be fixed is more online players.

And because one person makes a suggestion, it don't mean they are speaking for their entire guild, stop making assumptions please.

Edited by Nagoyaka, 11 January 2015 - 14:41.

#34 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 11 January 2015 - 17:39

Titan aspect is great as it is, no changes is needed,[and stuff]

Well, except for the magic hunters, right?

Edited by BadPenny, 11 January 2015 - 17:40.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#35 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 January 2015 - 17:08

No titan hunter would support LOSING TKP. I oppose that premise entirely. Now if it merely added HP like this to where the 2nd place guild could walk in and finish it off to get more TKP thus snagging a 1st/Secure, then I think this could be a good idea.

Causing people to lose TKP for no fault of their own, but rather other guilds being to lazy/indifferent to getting TKP rather than a straight up epic I think is a bad idea. Although I like the idea in principle of causign another fight for the titan, I don't think the idea of taking away a guild's TKP is fair, especially smaller guilds and lower level players/guilds who stand more to lose and thus use a larger share of their own stamina to ensure a secure. Larger guilds such as my own can easily sustain this method as can other guilds. If the idea is to encourage more titan hunting however this is counterproductive for getting more people involved.

What this mainly might result in is getting more secures for the stronger titan hunting guilds as we have a larger pool of stamina and resources to draw from and ensure we have to compete against each other less often as we have the stamina and people to put ourselves over that new threshold of ensuring secures. 

I like the idea in terms of the concept. But the outcome will be simply a larger share of the secures going to guilds at the top of the field, and also add more time to the time it takes to secure a titan for certainty as well as for smaller guilds see the certainty of a secure possibly spoiled by having themselves have to persist in ensuring kills are gotten over a 38 hour period because they merely got 52-55% of the kills.

Maybe a counter proposal of "bleeding/staving" instead of healing? If you've been bled out and are more than half dead.... you're losing blood, even a titan has it's limits. It's dying. It is weak. It is no longer strong enough to hunt it's own food in a great enough quantity to sustain itself and is also bleeding out. It will LOSE HP after a status check is performed.

An IF, then clause coded in would do the following.

If titan HP is less than 50%, and after hourly ticks for 6-12 hours it starts losing HP 1% per hour until it dies. 

I apologize for coming across as bashing the idea. My mindset these days is more in a trying to see things from a newer player with less upgrades to suggest ways to make the game more fun/accessible for them. I genuinely see this being contrary to that objective.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: