Community Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2020 - 11:00

Hi everyone,

The Fallen Sword Team have been hard at work to bring some awesome new updates & improvements to the Fallen Sword App on Android & iOS. The latest version of the app will be available very soon to download from the Google Play and iOS app stores!

We are also making some changes behind the scenes as well. As you may have already seen, we have Sarah (Arioche) who's joined the Fallen Sword Team as our Associate Producer. I will also be taking over as Community Manager, and head of Customer Support as well. Any queries and concerns you have can be communicated to me via our Discord server or here on the forums. :D Now, onto the patch notes!

---

0.8.4 patch notes:

New
  • Auto tracking added to new quests.
  • Guild groups now work for multiple attacks (this value can be increased on the upgrades page).
  • Map Icons now update after quest requirements are met.
  • Press floating combat messages to view combat breakdown.
  • Press floating item messages to equip displayed item.
  • Swipe to dismiss floating messages.

Updated
  • Floating messages updated to hide repeated message spam.
  • Quest progress will no longer auto open the next stage if there is a requirement to complete.
  • Quest reward popup now opens after completion text is displayed.

Bug Fixes
  • Buff timers now update on recast.
  • Equipment panel now shows item durability as full after item is repaired.
  • Fixed PVP display issue where gold stolen was displayed instead of gold lost.
  • Fixed PVP display issue where xp was displayed instead of defeated player xp lost.
  • Guild tagged items can now be claimed without error.
  • Newly created templates now displayed without a manual refresh.
  • Quest kill requirements no longer count defeats towards the target (Get Good).
  • Quest reward preview button now works.
  • Rename player no longer require exactly 10 characters to rename.
  • Removed “You are now tracking” message on quest progression.
  • Show/hide global creatures preference now shows/hides global creatures.
  • Using a stairway that you are not a high enough level to use no longer takes you to limbo.

If you have yet to try the Fallen Sword Mobile Beta, then you can join using the links below:

Android: Here / iOS: Here

As always, please feel free to share your thoughts with us in the comments below or you can reach us on our Discord server: https://discord.huntedcow.com

Have a great weekend everyone!

~The Fallen Sword Team

#2 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 17:04

Love this. How close are we to official app release? Has covid slowed us down into 2021. I feel like we are going to see alot of game updates and changes prior to release which i was hoping for.

Edited by EpicPiety, 25 September 2020 - 17:05.

#3 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 25 September 2020 - 21:08

I'm always happy to hear about updates to the app.  Currently the app tells me to download the update, but it's not in the Play Store.... Is there an ETA for this one?

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#4 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 26 September 2020 - 02:22

got new one from apple so we are all good

5aZzW0p.png,

#5 kamicazer7

kamicazer7

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 05:29

Love this. How close are we to official app release? Has covid slowed us down into 2021. I feel like we are going to see alot of game updates and changes prior to release which i was hoping for.

We're definitely still working on Fallen Sword (now, more than ever). Covid did impact development in some level, but we managed to workaround the issues and adapt. It's hard for me to tell you a release date with so much going on behind the scenes lately but that's something that will be announced eventually.

I'm always happy to hear about updates to the app.  Currently the app tells me to download the update, but it's not in the Play Store.... Is there an ETA for this one?

I remember you had issues with one of your recent builds not being available on Android when we released, but got it a few days later. I was hoping this was something fixed on their end. But apparently this might be the case again. That's frustrating to us as well, as this is something we don't have control over. All we can do is wait for them to process and release. But we're working on this internally, to try and mitigate the Updates down time as much as possible on what we have control over.

#6 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 07:34

Thanks Kami.  I was assuming this was the case, but I also didn't want to be jumping the gun.  I'll keep checking daily until Google puts it up for me....

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#7 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 September 2020 - 17:04

got the new update today.  

Fail loading Titan Classic (ELOAI55)  - Titan kill log not loading

#8 kamicazer7

kamicazer7

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 06:07

got the new update today.  

Fail loading Titan Classic (ELOAI55)  - Titan kill log not loading

Thank you, we found the reason and will fix soon.

#9 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 08:47

Update finally hit my Play Store today.  Wasn't on much, just returned to my relic.  I did notice that travelling is a lot smoother and faster.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#10 DAWy

DAWy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 04:15

Hey, wanted to give the heads-up there's a glitch with Potion of Luck. Duration isn't as long as stated. It says 1h, but is (according to someone else) 15 minutes, so either it's suppose to be 1h and isn't lasting that long, or is displaying a much longer duration than it actually gives. Either way, it's very frustrating as I've lost a lot of buff time that I wanted during my legendary hunt. Have a screenshot, but can't recall how to upload it here directly (don't see an option to add an image, and forget what I did differently previously to see it).

Edited by DAWy, 04 October 2020 - 04:25.

#11 kamicazer7

kamicazer7

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 06:31

Hey, wanted to give the heads-up there's a glitch with Potion of Luck. Duration isn't as long as stated. It says 1h, but is (according to someone else) 15 minutes, so either it's suppose to be 1h and isn't lasting that long, or is displaying a much longer duration than it actually gives. Either way, it's very frustrating as I've lost a lot of buff time that I wanted during my legendary hunt. Have a screenshot, but can't recall how to upload it here directly (don't see an option to add an image, and forget what I did differently previously to see it).

Thanks for letting us know, going to look into that right now.

We found the issue with the display of potion timer, you're right, it is incorrect. If you look at the browser you can see the correct time is 15m, this fix will require a new client build. We're planning on releasing a build with this and other bugs fixed soon.

#12 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 05 October 2020 - 09:15

Log doesn't load in app

#13 kamicazer7

kamicazer7

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 15:10

Log doesn't load in app

We're aware of this issue, working on a fix for next release. Thanks for reporting.

#14 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 22:38

Hello! I am back with a few suggestions that I have after using the app some more. As always, I will be providing screenshots of each of the comments below soon (need to resize).

1. PvP ladder sorting is defaulting to alphabetical. Can this be changed to rating?

2. FSP market lists the cheapest option first. It should always list the highest as this is the best option.

3. FSP market listing page is missing the entire 2nd page that is in the browser version. This should also be flipped to show the lowest price first as it is the best option (this needs to be flipped in the browser version as well).

4. Can there be a filter to show items in specific BP folders? Hard to sort by the other options in my opinion.

5. After the last update: When I am clicking in gear to replace something I am currently wearing, it no longer previews the name or level of the item. Can we revert to what was done previously? More work involved to preview the name/level of an item.

Thank you again for working on this app. Please don’t hesitate to ask for any clarification on the items above.

Edited by Tilley10, 12 October 2020 - 00:02.

#15 kamicazer7

kamicazer7

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 10:27

Hello! I am back with a few suggestions that I have after using the app some more. As always, I will be providing screenshots of each of the comments below soon (need to resize).

1. PvP ladder sorting is defaulting to alphabetical. Can this be changed to rating?

2. FSP market lists the cheapest option first. It should always list the highest as this is the best option.

3. FSP market listing page is missing the entire 2nd page that is in the browser version. This should also be flipped to show the lowest price first as it is the best option (this needs to be flipped in the browser version as well).

4. Can there be a filter to show items in specific BP folders? Hard to sort by the other options in my opinion.

5. After the last update: When I am clicking in gear to replace something I am currently wearing, it no longer previews the name or level of the item. Can we revert to what was done previously? More work involved to preview the name/level of an item.

Thank you again for working on this app. Please don’t hesitate to ask for any clarification on the items above.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm working on these.

On a quick side note, filters should remember the last state used even after closing the game. However, I found a bug that causes the state to be read incorrectly in some panels, including the Ladder one, it's fixed now and will be available in the next release.

Regarding the BP filters by folder, can you elaborate with an example?

#16 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 13:44

Regarding the BP filters by folder, can you elaborate with an example?

Oops, I totally forgot to mention that I was talking about the beak down item screen on the app. On the browser version it lists it by BP. Are you able to add those options as a filter?

#17 kamicazer7

kamicazer7

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 14:17

Oops, I totally forgot to mention that I was talking about the beak down item screen on the app. On the browser version it lists it by BP. Are you able to add those options as a filter?

Alright, I'll check if we can add a folder filter there.

I've added it for the next update, but that's something that will probably need a UX review and might change.

#18 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 October 2020 - 12:41

News + Tavern Rumours, times/dates gone back to 1970,  also both of them are sorted Oldest to Newest too (latest news post/rumour should be at the top not bottom)

Guild Log - doesn't mention player names when they take/store/recall items "took the item from the Guild Store"

On a side note what time are you using on the app? All the times on logs I see are my local time (GMT+1) which is confusing sometimes since server time is GMT. 

#19 kamicazer7

kamicazer7

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 13:29

News + Tavern Rumours, times/dates gone back to 1970,  also both of them are sorted Oldest to Newest too (latest news post/rumour should be at the top not bottom)

Guild Log - doesn't mention player names when they take/store/recall items "took the item from the Guild Store"

On a side note what time are you using on the app? All the times on logs I see are my local time (GMT+1) which is confusing sometimes since server time is GMT. 

Thanks for reporting, News has been fixed and should be available in the next update, scheduled for this week if everything goes as planned.

Will look into guild log issues.

Server time is GMT. However, the app converts that time to display as Local time. (if you see any time that you believe is incorrect please do let us know).

#20 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 October 2020 - 04:52

how do i turn off the combat log? its a bit annoying each hit it will show the combat log. also how do i reach the character settings/preferences?

sigma_468x60.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: