39 replies to this topic

#1 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 20:58

I really don't feel like having a competition in selling potions with NPC's.If you really want a economy run by the players make the players run the produce.It is hard to sell potions when you can just buy them off the NPC , yes i know crafted potions heal more but if you take our the potions from NPC's then the players who need potions will be asking players if they are selling any potions and that is where skillers come in to play.Players are giving their money to NPC's and not adding it to the player money pool.No one is going to find a point for skilling if you can just get the item off of a shop.Also take out other things from NPC shops like fish and etc.

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Best Tv Shows-Gotham,Flash,Arrow,TheBlackList,TheLastShip. :D

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#2 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 21:06

The npc L40 potions are more expensive then players have been selling to men and heal less 1000 HP/MP

Edited by Susej, 01 April 2014 - 21:06.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#3 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 21:09

Yea but there still potions if they're no potions people will be forced to buy off of players or skill in that matter and gives alchemist a job to get money.

Edited by lester, 01 April 2014 - 21:09.

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#4 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 21:32

Indeed though i believe no one buys potions there, IMO i believe HCS put it there on purpose to establish a price range for our crafted potions

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

#5 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 21:33

I really don't think there is anyone above lvl 25 using store bought potions. The crafted ones are generally easy to find for those who haven't spent time leveling that skill. Having potions that can be got quickly during a heavy set of instance runs, should be kept in the game. No one, when grouped up, will want to stop for 15-45 min to find someone selling potions. I understand your frustration in leveling a skill with little return, as I have maxed or near maxed several.

#6 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 21:35

should also remove them from the player shop....

i dont care if potions heal a bit less mana or hp...  i tend to care about availability.....  i'm running a dungeon i get down to 1-2 pots left i'll click that little shop button and buy 30-40 more and because of that i'll never buy any off a players....

while it would make getting potions less convenient for me i still support this fully they really should work on making ALL professions more usefull

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#7 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 21:36

uhm.... 99% sure i only clicked the button once but it posted 3 times....

Edited by awollsd, 01 April 2014 - 21:45.

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#8 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 21:44

uhm.... 99% sure i only clicked the button once but it posted 3 times....

Edited by awollsd, 01 April 2014 - 21:45.

#9 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 April 2014 - 21:54

I fully support removing all competition between NPCs and players.  But perhaps HCS should hold off until we have a working AH/market.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#10 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 22:06

Adding potions to the HCS shop is equivalent to adding level 40 dungeon armor sets to the HCS market for EP.

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#11 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 April 2014 - 22:50

trying to jack up the prices and make more players buy from you good plan but what about the players just starting who cant afford to buy from you or the players who dont want too? without a ah there will be out of control prices lets keep it this way for now

#12 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 22:59

they can keep lvl 1-22 pots in game and only remove the higher tiered ones just like they did with the fish npc...

that said also if they removed all pots i personaly know about 15 people that would GIVE all new players an ample supply of hp/mp pots

i'm a person that does obsolutly 0 proffessions they are ALL level 1 so i have nothing at all to gain from this suggestion BUT i totaly support it.

#13 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:56

I have lvl 40 alchemy and I personally don't see a harm in giving a player the option to use the shop in game to get potions. Potions are vital to survival and without a market in the game do we want players at the mercy of chat shouting for potions and if they get caught at the wrong time they may be waiting a while or who is to say anyone will even pay attention to them. Especially if they are an unknown person or isolated. This can lead to frustration from my point of view and we don't need any more people quitting. Only certain people are active on this forum, I would be more concerned about the quieter people who don't post. I think hcs should do some research into the player base and maybe do some surverys and one on one chats with various leveled people for this.

#14 Dasan

Dasan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 13:42

I think shop potions are ok, they not cheap and have only 50% regen power compared to crafted ones so it can be a solution for people who wont wanna losing time with buying pots from players and have enough gold to afford this. 

#15 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 April 2014 - 13:57

well the problem is less people are inclined to make the higher tier potions to sell as people buying wont buy for over what the shop sells for even though the potions crafted have a higher benefit,so people for most part wont make lvl 40 pots to sell,so people are just buying them from the shop anyways. 

Shop=instant potions with just less benefit then a crafted
Crafted pot=hours of killings mobs just to pick your berries to make potions that you have to sell extremely low just because the shop is open and selling. 

Pick your poison. Should just hand out all my crafted lvl 40 pots for free at the rate of what people will pay for them. At level 40 it's not hard to farm gold to pay for potions...

Edited by HuMoR, 02 April 2014 - 13:59.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#16 PeasantJoe

PeasantJoe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 15:04

i think its good as it is now, potions from Shop cost alot and heal less than crafted one. 40lvl 1 pot 50 silver and heal 3000, crafted one 40lvl heal 4500 and i can get 10 for 2 gold so there is no reason why you should buy pots from Shop but in some situations pots from Shop can be life saver

#17 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 April 2014 - 15:08

i think its good as it is now, potions from Shop cost alot and heal less than crafted one. 40lvl 1 pot 50 silver and heal 3000, crafted one 40lvl heal 4500 and i can get 10 for 2 gold so there is no reason why you should buy pots from Shop but in some situations pots from Shop can be life saver

You are buying though so of course its good in your view.

Shop=infinite supply=lower benefits=50s per pot
Players=limited supply=higher benefits=20s per pot

That isn't correct in any way. Most people are still buying pots from the Eldevin shop/npc shop,because most people aren't going to spend 8 hours to make pots to sell for 40 gold when they could make over 800 gold in that time doing other things.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#18 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 15:47

PRices can be raised but unless the comunity is huge you cannot remove the npc potion shop, sometimes ANT is not online and i might need a potion(never happened)

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

#19 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 April 2014 - 15:49

ANt isn't the only lvl 40 forager though,there are dozens,but very few supply due to the major loss in making and selling them. even when there was only 3 of us at lvl 40 foraging and alch we weren't able to sell these pots for what the npc shop sold the crap pots for,Which says something.

Edited by HuMoR, 02 April 2014 - 15:52.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#20 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 16:09

Of course Ant aint the only one but he was the first one i bought level 40 potions and i tend to remain faithfull.

Still with the small comunnity the npc potion store cant be removed,

After the updade with auction house or marketplace maybe crafted potions will be faster to sell otherwise npc store is needed

I understand the problem but removing a solution to another problem cant be a solution.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: