14 replies to this topic

#1 DeathMoose

DeathMoose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2021 - 15:30

Hello all,

I propose that when you win an item on the auction house or when your auction ends the items should be auto-returned to your backpack if you have space, otherwise it should go in the mailbox. I have lost many items due to the short 24 hour window where it will automatically delete itself and it is frustrating. 

Thanks

DeathMoose

#2 Ouiounon

Ouiounon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 September 2021 - 15:38

Can't see this hurting anyone!

#3 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 23 September 2021 - 15:40

That could be implemented with a option on Preferences, but not mandatory. The mailbox is a very usefull space while juggling stuff around.

#4 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 23 September 2021 - 15:41

Hello all,

I propose that when you win an item on the auction house or when your auction ends the items should be auto-returned to your backpack if you have space, otherwise it should go in the mailbox. I have lost many items due to the short 24 hour window where it will automatically delete itself and it is frustrating. 

Thanks

DeathMoose

If you lose an item/s, send in a ticket. 

#5 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 23 September 2021 - 15:47

i thought this was by design?

#6 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 September 2021 - 15:59

i thought this was by design?

It is.

~ Grim

#7 Croscahd

Croscahd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 23 September 2021 - 16:26

If you lose an item/s, send in a ticket. 

Sending tickets can be time consuming for both us and the administrators, I like the idea of making it a preference, Grim what do you think? 

#8 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 23 September 2021 - 16:45

24 hours is a whole day.... with adequate planning, except with an unforeseen RL event, that should be ample time to pick up items bought from the AH or items that did not sell

and the cows are nice enough to have a remedy in place in the case of those that miss these deadlines....  

If my memory serves me correctly, in the beginning, we didn't even have that, if we lost an item due to being too late to retrieve it from the mailbox, it was tough luck... 

using the ticket system may be time consuming for both the player and HCS staff, but it's the way things have been for over a decade now.  

I just wish that invented items, items bought from the loyalty shop, and items from chests and containers still went to the mailbox rather than my BP....

Edited by BadPenny, 23 September 2021 - 16:45.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#9 Croscahd

Croscahd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 September 2021 - 00:11

24 hours is a whole day.... with adequate planning, except with an unforeseen RL event, that should be ample time to pick up items bought from the AH or items that did not sell

and the cows are nice enough to have a remedy in place in the case of those that miss these deadlines....  

If my memory serves me correctly, in the beginning, we didn't even have that, if we lost an item due to being too late to retrieve it from the mailbox, it was tough luck... 

using the ticket system may be time consuming for both the player and HCS staff, but it's the way things have been for over a decade now.  

I just wish that invented items, items bought from the loyalty shop, and items from chests and containers still went to the mailbox rather than my BP....

I've been playing this game for over 10 years and now I work full-time and it can be hard to log on every 24 hours. Just because this is the way things have been for over a decade does not mean we can change it! I think it would benefit everyone and the ticket system, while it works, imposes a burden on the HCS staff and the players, so I think it would be good to implement this change. 

#10 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 24 September 2021 - 02:57

I've been playing this game for over 10 years and now I work full-time and it can be hard to log on every 24 hours. Just because this is the way things have been for over a decade does not mean we can change it! I think it would benefit everyone and the ticket system, while it works, imposes a burden on the HCS staff and the players, so I think it would be good to implement this change. 

I don't make the rules here, hoof does.... 
it's all by his design...

Edited by BadPenny, 24 September 2021 - 10:47.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#11 Prop

Prop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 24 September 2021 - 06:31

Pretty sure they put this in so players didn't use the AH as a perpetual extension of their backpack.

#12 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 24 September 2021 - 10:48

Pretty sure they put this in so players didn't use the AH as a perpetual extension of their backpack.

This may very well be one reason....  

Edited by BadPenny, 24 September 2021 - 10:48.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#13 andyvince

andyvince

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 24 September 2021 - 23:39

Hello all,

Thanks

DeathMoose

I find it much easier taking items from mailbox in time than having enough free backpack spaces when I'm farming sometimes.  

Can't see this hurting anyone!

You guys are looking from your own situation, having ample of backpack spaces and/or using gears from guild stores.

I have limited backpacks, holding collections items myself, so having items going directly back to backpack instead of mailbox can hurt :(.

If I know I'm unlikely to log in within the next 24 hours, I would avoid buying/selling something at auction house.

Edited by andyvince, 24 September 2021 - 23:46.

#14 gapukas

gapukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 September 2021 - 05:40

Yeah i think the only sensible solution would be to keep it 24 hours and send unsold stuff to your backback if it didnt sell - ive lost so many items also with this.

#15 mdgmMX

mdgmMX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 14:39

its fine to keep it how it is . 

2aa3a7eae91dd028a81fa11998dc744128cfc937

The Night Stalker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font: