#41 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 20:58

I'd say ...

T1 = 3 "regular" Inferno Hammers (and would give +1 stams)

T 2 = 2 regular + 1 T1 (and would give +2 stams)

T3 = 2 regular + 1 T2 (and would give +3 stams)

T 4 = 2 regular + 1 T3 (and would give +4 stams)

T 5 = 2 regular + 1 T4 (and would give +5 stams)

Might make them more popular to make, without breaking the game or people's banks :)

og3DxyP.gif

#42 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 November 2016 - 20:59

I've just tweaked the recipes so that they all now take 2 of the previous tier rather than 3. Also I've upped the success chance at the higher tiers. I think this should work a bit better.

As far as I could tell no-one had invented any yet so should be ok :)

#43 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 November 2016 - 21:03

I've just tweaked the recipes so that they all now take 2 of the previous tier rather than 3. Also I've upped the success chance at the higher tiers. I think this should work a bit better.

As far as I could tell no-one had invented any yet so should be ok :)

You need to also increase the amount of stam/xp gain they provide. They are still outclassed by their contemporaries.

Also consider adding the teleport enhancing, um, enhancement to them 'Temporal Shift'.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#44 Thiudimir

Thiudimir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 21:04

I think the concept behind this is really quite good. Glad to see that the costs and risks to invent have been tweaked a bit.

#45 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 November 2016 - 21:32

The concept is reasonable I guess, but 3 hammers / tier (which, as pointed out, requires a total of 243 to create a Tier 5 one) is bonkers.

Reduce the number per tier to 2 and the total number (by my maths) drops from 243 to 62 which is something far more achievable.

I'm a bit perplexed tho by the stance on epic sets remaining the same (never going to happen) when upgradeable epics were in that camp not too long ago too - but that's obviously changed.

That said, there's only two - logical - epic sets that should be created (but others could, of course, be added) - the steamwork cuirass / inferno hammer combination and, obviously, dragon draped.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#46 Chazz224

Chazz224

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 21:34

Hi there everyone!

46133921129f033ab8bf30d5bbbb59180311.jpg

Rumours abound in the Realms. New recipes for upgraded, "tiered" Inferno Hammers are being whispered about in taverns across the land. The only clue to their location is a fragile looking shop!

In addition to this, we have fixed the Daily Quest counter and a display issue with player inventories in Firefox.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

I first want to say that I think the effort and thought of making this all time epic item good again is Great !

However, consisting of 6 recipes is okay as well " IF " those recipes yielded a benefit to the players beyond level 200. 

I mean seriously Grim, lol we have to smile here and sorta laugh...

3 inferno Hammers to make 1 Tier 1 Inferno hammer

3 T1 Hammers to make 1 T2 Hammer

and so on until you get to T5...

Woah... that's a lot of work ... and a ton of inventing and than... wait for it............. No it doesn't scale to any level beyond 200 yes it will eventually provide a stam gain which is great but for all that work ... The desired becomes increasingly undesired all over again.

Consider this: change the recipes a little so it can offer 1 or 2 stam gain for the level 200 players. Than this is the fun part make it so that with the following recipes the "T2 and so on........................T1000 HAMMER =P

Also gain in level - stats - and especially stam gain for the players who are taking the time and spending the money to make this happen.

eg:

T1 is level 200 (new and improved at 1 or 2 stam gain) than T2 at level 500 would have 3 gain - T3 at level 800 with 4 gain - T4 could be at level 1100 with 5 stam gain - etc......... All the way up to EOC...

Grim, "Make the Inferno Hammer Great Again" =)

Fix this, get everyone involved ok.. Nice work just tweak it some is all !

Also I suggest you guys add some cool enchantments to these items.

-Chazz

Edited by Chazz224, 18 November 2016 - 21:42.

#47 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 21:37

As usual you went the wrong way, all the elemental Epics would have benefitted from this due to the lack of development that has occurred in that area alone,

I have 2 perf ff inferno hammers in my bp they will not be used for inventing ever.

And the elemental Epics are the reason this will not work.

Edited by zizzwyly, 18 November 2016 - 21:39.

#48 Chazz224

Chazz224

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 21:47

As usual you went the wrong way, all the elemental Epics would have benefitted from this due to the lack of development that has occurred in that area alone,

I have 2 perf ff inferno hammers in my bp they will not be used for inventing ever.

And the elemental Epics are the reason this will not work.

Elemental Epics out class this item at the moment... However I still think that there is hope here... They can work towards increasing recipe levels to get the whole community involved here. In doing that they would also have to consider buffing the stats of the item to also and especially include a higher stam gain per hour.

Enchatments can also be added to the higher level ones or even some of the lower level ones to help people with "Teleport" increase titan kills, I'd really love to see Hypnotize work for in game players especially in PvP (I think this would be really insanely cool just saying)

As of right now I think HCS has good thinking but if the item is left as is in its current state I don't see anyone putting so much effort to get so little.

Time will tell. =)

-Chazz

#49 svenhass

svenhass

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 21:52

Yikes.

How about something like this.  Inferno hammer is a level 200.

T1 = 2 Inferno Hammers, Level 200, +1 Stam gain

T2 = 2 T1 (4 Inferno Hammers), Level 400, +2 stam gain

T3 = 2 T2 (8 Inferno Hammers), Level 800, +3 stam gain

T4 = 2 T3 (16 Inferno Hammers), Level 1600, +4 stam gain

T5 = 2 T4 (32 Inferno Hammers), Level 3200, +5 stam gain

Hopefully the FS community keeps posting ideas and we can make something work :)

I think the reduction to 2 hammers per tier doesn't need any more tweeking, but I do like your level/stam gain idea.

Makes the hammer more desirable to about 80%+ of players . :)

#50 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 November 2016 - 22:18

T1 = 2 inferno hammers

T2 = 2 x T1 (4)

T3 = 2 x T2 (8)

T4 = 2 x T3 (16)

T5 = 2 x T4 (32)

This is still a long drawn out TEDIOUS process btw. Since each inferno hammer is actually 4 inventions itself.

I made mention of an alternative idea in chat earlier of introducing 'upgrade crystals' to some of the DQ rewards and have these (along with 1 of the previous tier items) being used to upgrade stuff. Have these items un-bound also obviously, to avoid DQ rewards becoming redundant once items are fully upgraded.

Alternatively (and probably preferably for some people) have the upgrades attached to some kind of series of quests. Endless inventing is NOT fun for a lot of people. This game is meant to be fun, right?

Edited by Mister Doom, 18 November 2016 - 22:29.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#51 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 22:37

Like the idea... would like to see this replicated with all old outdated epics. Great idea BG. Granted it's engineered better and the reward is worth the things you need to put into it.

Edited by EpicPiety, 18 November 2016 - 23:01.

#52 Bluetail

Bluetail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 November 2016 - 22:41

Nice idea, but is it really worth 500+ FSP? Doubt it... and thats just assuming you can make them for 15FSP each. Someone at level 200 has a lot better things to spend their FSP on than this for +1 Stamina / Hour.

Insanity is when the sobbing slowly turns into laughter...

#53 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 November 2016 - 22:46

Can you (HCS) also change the original 'Tier 0' version back to it's old animated image?

The new image for the unmodified hammer isn't an improvement.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#54 purebreed

purebreed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 22:48

I love the idea. 2 per level is a good call. Can't wait for you to do the same with Titan epics to put some value back into them. Nice work COWs.
Don't listen to the haters, some people love to complain. If you listen to them this game will never grow again.
Keep up the good work.

#55 Bluetail

Bluetail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 November 2016 - 22:52

Sorry if I sound like a hater, but...  ;)

f7a5e5acfc5e88de76b775a8866a1fb2fcf1b64b

Edited by Achub, 18 November 2016 - 22:53.

Insanity is when the sobbing slowly turns into laughter...

#56 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 22:55

LOVE LOVE LOVE this addition and the adjustment is perfect = the market should go up ! and lower level players can start making FSP's    my suggestion would be with each upgrade - the lvl changes and the attack and damage increase according to that new lvl and artwork changes with each upgrade ( evolved )    GREAT JOB!!

#57 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 23:11

We just wanted to try something a bit different :)

The invent chance on tier 3 to 5 is higher than tier 1 and 2. Please keep the feedback coming on it and we'll do our best to take it into account when we add more tiered epics :D

Whatever you do don't give them what they want. Already everybody is complaining that it's too hard for them to do. Oh my God I need 243 hammers to get to tier 5. Everybody wants everything handed to them and handed to them right now.

The way it is right now if it takes them forever to do it. Then it takes them forever to do it. I don't know what the values are on it as far as stam gain as compared to whatever level it is. I got tired of reading all the posts and trying to make sense of it all. When all anybody is doing is complaining

#58 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 01:00

Whatever you do don't give them what they want. Already everybody is complaining that it's too hard for them to do. Oh my God I need 243 hammers to get to tier 5. Everybody wants everything handed to them and handed to them right now.

The way it is right now if it takes them forever to do it. Then it takes them forever to do it. I don't know what the values are on it as far as stam gain as compared to whatever level it is. I got tired of reading all the posts and trying to make sense of it all. When all anybody is doing is complaining

It's ridiculous, because the reward is +3 stam gain. It's still nowhere near worth doing. It needs to be better than the best available titan drop, before it's even worth evaluating the effort (which is a heck of a lot of SE farming at the moment).

#59 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 02:49

I think this was a great idea/concept to implement into FS.

However the execution of the idea followed a lot of others idea that have been implemented and gave a bad 1st impression to the community and taints the idea now.

Initially you wanted someone to gain 243 EPICS to make an item???? Did anyone do the math/calculatsion before this was implemented...

Now its down to 32 much better, but still a ton of EPICS for 1 person to obtain. 

I do like the idea of the items getting better over a spread of levels:

T4 = 2 T3 (16 Inferno Hammers), Level 1600, +5 stam gain

T5 = 2 T4 (32 Inferno Hammers), Level 3200, +8 stam gain

As current design on the stam gain is also not useful for the effort required to make.

Also saw that hoof said this is a test run. I hope you realize on future releases that epics are not easy to obtain (inferno is invent-able and 1 of the easier 1's) but rest would need to be made a much smaller quantities as they are upgraded.

Level 2 (2 total items)

Level 3 (1 normal + 1 level 2)

Level 4 (2 Level 2 items)

Level 5 (1 level 3 and 1 level 4)

as an example.

#60 xxlooperxx

xxlooperxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 02:50

Yikes.

How about something like this.  Inferno hammer is a level 200.

T4 = 2 T3 (16 Inferno Hammers), Level 1600, +4 stam gain

T5 = 2 T4 (32 Inferno Hammers), Level 3200, +5 stam gain

Hopefully the FS community keeps posting ideas and we can make something work :)

+1   this is a great idea. Only seems right that the higher tier is a higher level. Would also put some value on them..Especially after level 1131...

XXLOOPERXX%20SIG.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: