• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Doja

Doja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 23:29

This is a tricky subject and I'm not simply claiming that this should blindly be included.  But in all the other mmorpg games I've played (not saying "all" games, just the few I've played) items have existed which you can use to unbind an item.  I don't think the absence of such an item here was an oversight, considering its existence in other games.  This effect could be positive but I think its worth discussing.

Why Gems Only?  Although there is no associated item, a player can pay 50 EP to remove a gem from an item.  A similar concept for equipment/vanity would create an additional revenue stream (although it would also create a large resale market as well).  But the initial point should be this: Whether such a purchase (unbinding) should exist needs to be determined by the item type.  Clearly, there was a determination that allowing the unbinding of gems was beneficial.

Equipment:  Allowing equipment to become unbound would have a massive effect on the game.  There would also likely be a number of irritated players who describe some great item they vendored because they had something better, but which would have had a fantastic resale value to a lower level.  The design in this game really focuses on forcing each player to attain their own equipment.  Equipment cannot simply be passed on when the player using it outgrows it.  I think that the design in this area should remain the same.

Vanity:  Vanity, on the other hand, I think should be able to become unbound for an EP cost (25-50 EP seems like a good price).  Since vanity has no stats, there is no competitive balance issue inherently built into the game that would be changed by allowing this.  Many players currently complain about the lack of a vanity market between players.  One reason for this, I believe, is that for a player to purchase a vanity item from another player he either: (1) Must commit to keeping that vanity item for life because he will equip it; or (2) It is merely a traders purchase whereby he is willing to store it until he can sell it for more later.

I believe that the second hand market for vanity items would be much greater if a potential purchaser knows that he can use it for a while and be able to resell it later if he either gets tired of it or if he realizes it doesn't look as good as he'd hoped (often newer players don't have a precise idea of what a vanity item looks like - the buyer is unable to "show off" the item because he can't equip it or it will become bound).  This would also lead to more mixing and matching of various sets to get unique looks.  Its difficult to picture how a unique mix and match will look and its costly to try out a look when binding the item means no possibility of later resale.

As it stands, I have my one set and have no interest in buying vanity without a clear idea of how it will look and with the realization that trying something means I'm attached to it forever.  Additionally, with no costume shop (another forum I agree with) there's also a space issue.  But space issue or no, I think the game and the second hand market would benefit from vanity items being unbindable.

Doja - Level 47

Spellthor - Level 47

Deadeye - Level 36

Deputy_Junior - Level 26

Mike_Rotch - Level 24

#2 Kijjum

Kijjum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 April 2014 - 23:33

This would be great for the community and for HCS, making players want to take part in the vanity.

#3 TakeTwo

TakeTwo

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 21:57

I am on the fence about players unlocking bound gear (like dungeon gear) but IF it was implemented, there should be a scaled unlock cost.

Level 10 items cost 1 ep to unlock (10g for full set) - trade a full set for 500 coal

Level 15 items 5 ep to unlock (50g for full set) - trade set for 500 linen, 625 bronze bars

Level 20 items 10 ep to unlock (100g for full set)

Level 25+ cannot be unlocked

I'm aware that unlocking any gear means 1 less player to run dungeons so as a deterrent, maybe a 50% reduction in endurance or 10% reduction in stats or something?. 

As for vanity, items that give achievments (eg. blue bunny suit) should remain bound.

Edited by TakeTwo, 01 May 2014 - 22:12.

#4 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:25

Items you get from monster drop is usually Non-bound -> Even if you have used it you can sell it to players (If it's on full durability)

Edited by EJK, 02 May 2014 - 10:28.

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: