Photo

Heal Tank build+more

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 August 2017 - 04:39

Someone was curious about my build....here it is......do what you feel is right ;P

http://talenttheory....i2q1t3y3B1C1D2/

http://talenttheory....i2q1t3y3B1C1D3/

Edited by KeS, 20 August 2017 - 03:19.

The world is cruel...as will I....

#2 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 August 2017 - 03:20

Mage build; do what you want to it...been a while since I was a mage

http://talenttheory....1N2O2Q1V1Pa2e2/

http://talenttheory....Pa1e2f1g2i2j2/ 

Edited by KeS, 20 August 2017 - 03:39.

#3 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 October 2017 - 05:43

warsin (half warrior/half assassin) build: credit goes to wizzy

guide for someone who needed help

heavy armor build: http://talenttheory....l2m1o3p1t3u1E5/

all points in meele and abilities you need in the ability bar are: bane, basic meele attack, rupture, sear, meteor, maelstrom, lethal concoction, blood bath, invigorate, haste, offensive stance, frozen spires

and I usually based my order on cool downs.....from single target attacks then aoe (multiple target) attacks

mediurm armor warsin build: http://talenttheory....m1o3p1t2u1E5F1/

same rules apply in terms of abilities

also: there are a bit of varations of the warsin build so this build is not the only/correct one; just something I would use :P

remember warriors/warsin uses 2handed weapons :P

Edited by KeS, 09 October 2017 - 06:04.

#4 Exilada

Exilada

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 18:06

Could this build actualy work for a Templar/Prophet just for self healings?

http://talenttheory....f2j2m1o1r1t2u1/

I was thinking about respec after having all lvl 45 set relics, since i'm a mage now, it's gonna be a great change on armor and stats.

Any tips or something i could chage to make it better?

Happiness is to be found along the way, not at the end of the road, for then the journey is over and it is too late.

My nub collection:

Exilada - lvl 49 - DPS Healer / Exilada2 - lvl 49 - MeatShield HealTank / AnotherExi - lvl 49 - Cheap Dungeon SinWar / ExiladaVZ - lvl 49 - MultiTask WarSin / NotExi - lvl 49 - Queen Killer / ExiWolf - lvl 49 - Wanna be a Ranger / ssExi - lvl 17 - Wanna be a skiller / _Exicutioner_ - lvl 8 - Wanna be a CC sin

#5 Kendiosa

Kendiosa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 22:28

I was thinking about respec after having all lvl 45 set relics, since i'm a mage now, it's gonna be a great change on armor and stats.

Few things are ok, but the best healtank needs to get to aura of tranquility on the prophet tree. 

Dogma can;t self heal. Spirit is not worth getting as your heal power is too low. You also need to get cc so you can self heal through that as well. Some upgrade it into crimson power as I did below.  

From templar you shouldn't need stouthearted with decent gear and the armour obelisk. Some healtanks have used an essence, but I prefered a throwing weapon so steadfast is worth taking.

Presuming you want to go heavy armour than how about this? ( I did make a healtank some years ago, but can't remember the build sorry)

http://TalentTheory....i2o2t3y3C1D3H1/

Edited by Kendiosa, 20 October 2017 - 22:30.

#6 Exilada

Exilada

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 00:21

Few things are ok, but the best healtank needs to get to aura of tranquility on the prophet tree. 

Dogma can;t self heal. Spirit is not worth getting as your heal power is too low. You also need to get cc so you can self heal through that as well. Some upgrade it into crimson power as I did below.  

From templar you shouldn't need stouthearted with decent gear and the armour obelisk. Some healtanks have used an essence, but I prefered a throwing weapon so steadfast is worth taking.

Presuming you want to go heavy armour than how about this? ( I did make a healtank some years ago, but can't remember the build sorry)

http://TalentTheory....i2o2t3y3C1D3H1/

Thank you, that will need a lot more points on proph tree than i thought.

How did you get the healing power without an essence? Did you put some points into sorcery?

I'll probably go heavy armor and split the points between malee and vitality, and use the essence for the healing.

I also had some crazzy idea about a light armor, sorcery/vitality tank, but i'm preety sure that couldn't work really well.

Happiness is to be found along the way, not at the end of the road, for then the journey is over and it is too late.

My nub collection:

Exilada - lvl 49 - DPS Healer / Exilada2 - lvl 49 - MeatShield HealTank / AnotherExi - lvl 49 - Cheap Dungeon SinWar / ExiladaVZ - lvl 49 - MultiTask WarSin / NotExi - lvl 49 - Queen Killer / ExiWolf - lvl 49 - Wanna be a Ranger / ssExi - lvl 17 - Wanna be a skiller / _Exicutioner_ - lvl 8 - Wanna be a CC sin

#7 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:56

How did you get the healing power without an essence? Did you put some points into sorcery?

I'll probably go heavy armor and split the points between malee and vitality, and use the essence for the healing.

I also had some crazzy idea about a light armor, sorcery/vitality tank, but i'm preety sure that couldn't work really well.

Actually it does; lots of people used light armor for heal tanking before; you just need bigger gems. Has for healing power; since heal tank is effective self healing, you use the tank talent "favor the rightous" and healing talent "empower healing" some people did put talents in sorcery for more effect healing or, like myself, used sorcery pots. You can use an essense; just make sure your talent points are in order.

Edited by KeS, 21 October 2017 - 01:59.

#8 Kendiosa

Kendiosa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 07:29

You should use full vitality for the type of build I put there. You don't need an essence at all. The main reason for an essence is to increase your spell haste a little which can help. If you do choose to use an essence make sure you swap out the talents that are throw weapon based. You don't need healing power at all as your self heals are based on a % of your total hp. Using redemption rejuv cc and bene also generates lots of aggro so easier to keep mobs to you. With the talents I suggested you should be able to keep redemp active most of the time.

Oh yes light armour heal tank has been done a few times. Mog had one that didn't use much in the way of gems either just needed lots of spell haste for self healing, serenity and repent. Also needs a good healer to run with

Edited by Kendiosa, 21 October 2017 - 07:33.

#9 Exilada

Exilada

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 15:46

Actually it does; lots of people used light armor for heal tanking before; you just need bigger gems. Has for healing power; since heal tank is effective self healing, you use the tank talent "favor the rightous" and healing talent "empower healing" some people did put talents in sorcery for more effect healing or, like myself, used sorcery pots. You can use an essense; just make sure your talent points are in order.

Good to hear that! So i can go all on vitality and use the light armor? And of course some good gems.

My nub collection:

#10 Exilada

Exilada

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 15:54

You should use full vitality for the type of build I put there. You don't need an essence at all. The main reason for an essence is to increase your spell haste a little which can help. If you do choose to use an essence make sure you swap out the talents that are throw weapon based. You don't need healing power at all as your self heals are based on a % of your total hp. Using redemption rejuv cc and bene also generates lots of aggro so easier to keep mobs to you. With the talents I suggested you should be able to keep redemp active most of the time.

Oh yes light armour heal tank has been done a few times. Mog had one that didn't use much in the way of gems either just needed lots of spell haste for self healing, serenity and repent. Also needs a good healer to run with

I got the reason why an essence is not needed. That aggro generated by the healing spells is a plus.

So that build is still healer dependent? I was thinking that i could keep up myself alive without needing a healer.

My nub collection:

#11 Elrog

Elrog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 23:03

I am going to assume you want to make a prophtank for the purpose of tanking dungeons. Its good for a tank to be hard to kill, but being invincible isn't everything. You need to have defensive stance to generate more threat and keep the enemies from going after your dps or healer. You also need to have mana. This build has no mana regen to speak of basically. The cooldown for potions if you are in combat in a dungeon is two minutes so you can't just rely on potions.

It is pretty standard to build a prophtank with heals based off of % of max health and use heavy armor, health food, health elixer, and all attributes into vitality. The build Ken described has all the essentials.

I'd probably move Infused Healing and one point off Focused Healing because prophtanks have very little base healing power and Aura of Tranquility is added in after everything else so it would not receive a boost from either of them. I think these points would be better spent on Beacon of Light and Intensify Spirit.

Throwing weapon is typical but some do use essences. The throwing weapon lets you get talents for 10% more block chance. Many prophtanks use the fabled weapon set rather than Infernals because the fabled set gives more health and hence, more healing from Redemption and Aura. Infernals can give more haste and block but many do not invest into infernals for prophtanks because the difference is not that apparent. Essences do increase base healing, however, you would not be able to get the set bonus from the fabled weapons if you do not have the full set.

I got the reason why an essence is not needed. That aggro generated by the healing spells is a plus.

So that build is still healer dependent? I was thinking that i could keep up myself alive without needing a healer.

It is possible for a prophtank to tank dungeons without a healer, however, it is still beneficial to have a healer. With a healer, you would be able to pull larger amounts of enemies safely than you would be able to otherwise. Also, in some circumstanes, a healer is needed to keep the other group members alive. There are places in dungeons where enemies do attacks that hit multiple players in the group. A vitality focused prophtank has good self-healing but does not heal other group members well.

Light armor prophtank has been done before but it is not as common. It definitely can work but there isn't any standard build for it. The heavy armor prophtanks with % of hp healing are probably easier to play as. With 30k health, you have more wiggle room for errors.

#12 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 October 2017 - 06:53

Good to hear that! So i can go all on vitality and use the light armor? And of course some good gems.

exactly. same for heavy armor; all vitality

#13 Exilada

Exilada

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 16:12

I am going to assume you want to make a prophtank for the purpose of tanking dungeons. Its good for a tank to be hard to kill, but being invincible isn't everything. You need to have defensive stance to generate more threat and keep the enemies from going after your dps or healer. You also need to have mana. This build has no mana regen to speak of basically. The cooldown for potions if you are in combat in a dungeon is two minutes so you can't just rely on potions.

It is pretty standard to build a prophtank with heals based off of % of max health and use heavy armor, health food, health elixer, and all attributes into vitality. The build Ken described has all the essentials.

I'd probably move Infused Healing and one point off Focused Healing because prophtanks have very little base healing power and Aura of Tranquility is added in after everything else so it would not receive a boost from either of them. I think these points would be better spent on Beacon of Light and Intensify Spirit.

Throwing weapon is typical but some do use essences. The throwing weapon lets you get talents for 10% more block chance. Many prophtanks use the fabled weapon set rather than Infernals because the fabled set gives more health and hence, more healing from Redemption and Aura. Infernals can give more haste and block but many do not invest into infernals for prophtanks because the difference is not that apparent. Essences do increase base healing, however, you would not be able to get the set bonus from the fabled weapons if you do not have the full set.

It is possible for a prophtank to tank dungeons without a healer, however, it is still beneficial to have a healer. With a healer, you would be able to pull larger amounts of enemies safely than you would be able to otherwise. Also, in some circumstanes, a healer is needed to keep the other group members alive. There are places in dungeons where enemies do attacks that hit multiple players in the group. A vitality focused prophtank has good self-healing but does not heal other group members well.

Light armor prophtank has been done before but it is not as common. It definitely can work but there isn't any standard build for it. The heavy armor prophtanks with % of hp healing are probably easier to play as. With 30k health, you have more wiggle room for errors.

That carified me a lot of things.

KeS, Kendiosa, Elrog, thank you for all the ansewers!

At first i think i'm going for heavy armor full vitality for more safeness and get used to the build. I'll try the essence and throuwing weapon build to see what fits best for me.

Althroug i like the idea of a light armor thank, i guess it needs more time and resourses to build.

My nub collection:

#14 LordofWarrior

LordofWarrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 04:53

http://tinyurl.com/C...uild-TankWarSin

Here's my Build :D  :D  :D  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt